Oppo Reno 10x official

Aikon

Reaction score
Just got the 10x zoom last week. Very satisfied with battery life and performance. Anyone can recommend casing for this?

Hard to find good tough cases for this model. But the one in the box is pretty durable.

Aikon

Reaction score
Anyway to make the 48mp settings stick? Always seems to go back to default when I close the camera app.

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score
I just got a Reno 10x Zoom!

I just wish more branded casings like Spigen or Speck are available.

Seems like can only find those few dollar casings from Lazada and Qoo10.

Any other casings to recommend?

There's an official $59 kevlar backcase which i saw at the Oppo store but it's just a hard shell casing.

At least the bundled case is good!

Aikon

Reaction score
I just got a Reno 10x Zoom!

I just wish more branded casings like Spigen or Speck are available.

Seems like can only find those few dollar casings from Lazada and Qoo10.

Any other casings to recommend?

There's an official $59 kevlar backcase which i saw at the Oppo store but it's just a hard shell casing.

At least the bundled case is good!

Hey winner! Did they give it to you? I thought they would have let those who gave a review keep the set.

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score
Hey winner! Did they give it to you? I thought they would have let those who gave a review keep the set.

Yea it was a new set lol.

The review sets were all collected back. Oppo had another campaign after that for students to trial. It probably went to them i reckon.

marxace

Reaction score
I always use screen off app to lock or close the screen whenever I get Android phones. For this oppo, dunno y the screen lock apps I use always have no response after a while. It will work initially for like the first ten times then after that no more reaction whenever i touch the app.

Sent from OPPO CPH1919 using GAGT

mdax23

Reaction score
I always use screen off app to lock or close the screen whenever I get Android phones. For this oppo, dunno y the screen lock apps I use always have no response after a while. It will work initially for like the first ten times then after that no more reaction whenever i touch the app.

Stock Oppo one or 3rd party app?

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Maybe the app sit in the power saving apps side and if you don't open it manually after a while it just assumed you don't use it and put it to sleep?

mdax23

Reaction score
third party app.
stock oppo one still have to scroll down from top.. or is there other way to do so using stock oppo one?

Activate the accessibility button, the little man on the bottom of the screen.

marxace

Reaction score
Activate the accessibility button, the little man on the bottom of the screen.

learnt something new about the little man haha.
but too bad cannot use this accessibility feature together with gestures navigation. can only use with virtual keys which i do not like.

marxace

Reaction score
Maybe the app sit in the power saving apps side and if you don't open it manually after a while it just assumed you don't use it and put it to sleep?

thanks.. tried under app management to allow background running.
will monitor to see if it works.

marxace

Reaction score
seems like allowing background running in app management solved the problem.

this phone is really underrated but i guess most ppl are not convinced of oppo yet? This is my first oppo phone.

Coming from huawei p20 pro, i feel that the pictures taken from oppo are more or less similar in quality ie i have no complaints about the camera.
Battery life is top notch too. i can watch one to two hours of videos, whatsapp, surf and will still last me the entire day from 7am to 12am.
Screen has no notch or punch hole which makes viewing videos great. Plus factor it has no curved screen. Fingerprint sensor works well easily too.

hand itchy wanted to change to note 10+ but think here and there like there are no additional benefits. Compared against note 10+ and realised that at 50% brightness, my oppo also seems much brighter than note 10+ at 50% brightness.

Only con of this phone is the lack of ip68 which is to be expected because of the moving selfie cam.
color os seems ok to me.. gestures working fine..

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like allowing background running in app management solved the problem.

this phone is really underrated but i guess most ppl are not convinced of oppo yet? This is my first oppo phone.

Coming from huawei p20 pro, i feel that the pictures taken from oppo are more or less similar in quality ie i have no complaints about the camera.
Battery life is top notch too. i can watch one to two hours of videos, whatsapp, surf and will still last me the entire day from 7am to 12am.
Screen has no notch or punch hole which makes viewing videos great. Plus factor it has no curved screen. Fingerprint sensor works well easily too.

hand itchy wanted to change to note 10+ but think here and there like there are no additional benefits. Compared against note 10+ and realised that at 50% brightness, my oppo also seems much brighter than note 10+ at 50% brightness.

Only con of this phone is the lack of ip68 which is to be expected because of the moving selfie cam.
color os seems ok to me.. gestures working fine..

I was one of the trial person and i'm surprise how much i love the phone but what i didn't like was the heavy skin over Android. Also found a few bugs but i think by now updates might have fixed them. The colour of the photos were pretty natural and the 10x zoom and ultrawide was what i love so much and battery life was great. I wish they give RAW photos though and video taking with ultra wide.

Initially i was not feeling good about having a pop up selfie cam with mechanical parts but 2 weeks with the phone and it didn't bother me one bit and the notchless/point holeless full screen mode was very satisfying. I feel your average consumers wouldn't mind this phone and would be pleasantly surprise with the various camera upgrades and features if they come from lets say Galaxy S8 or S9.

I'm still a Samsung person but if i'm not getting their phones now i know Oppo is another good choice.

Tarquin2114

Reaction score
Can anybody advise if receiving video calls (ie whatsapp or skype, etc) would automatically open the "shark fin cam" as reported over the web?

Interested in switching to Oppo over my Samsung S8 and eager to try full screen phones but not sure about such concern?

My work (field work) requires some video calls on Skype if I'm not on my laptop so thinking about the work around before I decide to jump.

Thanks.

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is this phone for moving subjects like at a concert? Especially compared to P30 Pro or Pixel? Cannot use multi-stack mode. Can shoot RAW also?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.