IKOMA Japanese classes

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #151

ah new receptionists! i wonder who lolz
do you happen to know the name(s)?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #152
Supremacy Member

my teacher kept changing...sianz diao....
heh...

wat happen sia... u taking prep course or?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #153
Supremacy Member

ah new receptionists! i wonder who lolz
do you happen to know the name(s)?
don know leh, she quite a short gal with piercing on the nose...
Old 29-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #154
Supremacy Member

nearly a year without post !!!

hello ikoma students
deadline to sign up for end of year exams nearing le wor
Old 30-08-2010, 04:22 PM   #155
Supremacy Member

nearly a year without post !!!

hello ikoma students
deadline to sign up for end of year exams nearing le wor
think no 1 taking jap in IKOMA. lolz

Good luck for those taking exam this year!
Old 20-09-2010, 01:55 AM   #156

Hi all, I would like to take up the JLPT prep course in Oct and would like to check with you if there is any feedback for these sensei? Murata sensei, Fujiwara sensei, Sato sensei, Kawabata sensei, Oya sensei.

Thanks in advance!
whoam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #157
Supremacy Member

Hi all, I would like to take up the JLPT prep course in Oct and would like to check with you if there is any feedback for these sensei? Murata sensei, Fujiwara sensei, Sato sensei, Kawabata sensei, Oya sensei.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, I am learning under Kawabata sensei. She is very good and patient in teaching Jap. For Fujiwara Sensei, i love to chat with her to brush up my conversation speed.
Old 20-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #158

Thanks!
Fujiwara sensei is the one with a higher pitch voice lady right? I did attended a 1-2 make up lesson by Fujiwara sensei before, she is quite nice but I think she speak pretty fast and I am a bit worry I cannot catch up with her. But I will see then timing then. Thanks for feedback.
whoam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #159
Supremacy Member

Thanks!
Fujiwara sensei is the one with a higher pitch voice lady right? I did attended a 1-2 make up lesson by Fujiwara sensei before, she is quite nice but I think she speak pretty fast and I am a bit worry I cannot catch up with her. But I will see then timing then. Thanks for feedback.
yup, speaking to her is like speaking to a friend.
it will brush your conversation speed and confidence which will indirectly aid your listening skills
Old 03-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #160

Completing Pre-Advanced 2 and planning to continue with Advanced 1 next year.

How is Advanced class different from Pre-Advanced in terms of the lesson? Less speaking and more reading?

What's your opinion on taking the JLPT N2 after completing Advanced 4, without going through the 1 year prep course? Would I be sufficiently prepared for the test?
hpoirot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #161
Supremacy Member

Completing Pre-Advanced 2 and planning to continue with Advanced 1 next year.

How is Advanced class different from Pre-Advanced in terms of the lesson? Less speaking and more reading?

What's your opinion on taking the JLPT N2 after completing Advanced 4, without going through the 1 year prep course? Would I be sufficiently prepared for the test?
Pre-Advanced places more focus on conversational related stuff. whereas Advanced contains the more classical approach of grammar and vocab, etc etc.

After completion of Advanced 4, one should be 95% sufficiently to tackle N2 assuming that he / she dilligently study

Another approach is to take Advanced 3 and N2 Prep course at the same time which is very tough based on feedbacks.

The longer approach is to take N2 Prep Course after completion of Advanced 4
Old 09-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #162

Jlpt exam will come in December I am looking for JLPT information, I got some information i am going to share with you, If you are able to replay so please do replay
brad12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #163

enroll, enroll,
danielotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #164

How are the teachers like? Do they teach at a fast pace? I am thinking of enrolling tomorrow but i have a tight schedule since i am still serving ns and its shift work thus its work 2 days and off 2 days. Do you think i will still be able to attend the classes?
xdestined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2011, 12:29 AM   #165

How are the teachers like? Do they teach at a fast pace? I am thinking of enrolling tomorrow but i have a tight schedule since i am still serving ns and its shift work thus its work 2 days and off 2 days. Do you think i will still be able to attend the classes?

I would strongly recommend IKOMA for those learning intermediate to advance level Japanese. For beginners, you may build your foundation at other language schools. For depth and quality, go for IKOMA.

Classes are conducted more than once a week so you may choose the days that you would like to attend classes. My course was offered on Wed and Thursday nights, as well as Sat and Sunday mornings. In this way, you will definitely be able to attend at least one class out of these 4 days of the week.

I took the JLPT N1 Preparatory Course at IKOMA last year and it was great. I was spammed with a lot (and I mean a huge lot) of notes and materials. The study file I was provided with at the start of the course exploded near the end.

I studied hard for the exam and the weekly vocabulary and grammar exercises helped me tremendously. I did pretty well for N1 thanks to Den Sensei and the center's notes.

IKOMA is relatively more expensive than other Japanese Language schools but the good lessons, teachers and materials offered makes the course worth paying for.
Rhapsody92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.