learning japanese

Like Tree349Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2018, 09:03 PM   #9511

have pm u. check ur pm
Hi, pls pm me
Claudia. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 06:17 PM   #9512

if u want, u can see if you wanna sign up for my classes, but i only take in serious learners only.
Hey, might PM me too? interested.
Idme231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 09:52 PM   #9513
Supremacy Member

Created notes for L26-L31, Minna no Nihongo
Pls help yourself.
L26_L31_v2_CR
Ah_keong and Idme231 like this.

Last edited by dimitri_can; 22-04-2018 at 11:27 PM..
dimitri_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:49 PM   #9514
Master Member

Hello! I've decided to start my class (basic) at ikoma! Starting next month
What should I prepare? Start memorizing hiragana? Able to take N5 this December?
ash like snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:10 PM   #9515
Supremacy Member

Hello! I've decided to start my class (basic) at ikoma! Starting next month
What should I prepare? Start memorizing hiragana? Able to take N5 this December?
Dont rush to take exam.
1) Start memorizing Hiragana and Katakana.
dimitri_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #9516
Master Member

Dont rush to take exam.
1) Start memorizing Hiragana and Katakana.
how do u guys rmb these? bcos i dont watch jap shows, so its a totally foreign language to me. is there any ways to rmb it besides keep writing?
Old 10-05-2018, 08:07 PM   #9517

how do u guys rmb these? bcos i dont watch jap shows, so its a totally foreign language to me. is there any ways to rmb it besides keep writing?
I memorise by writing. Take it like when young time always have to write 习字.

On the way to work in the train, open notepad and start writing it by recalling the shape then compare with the table.

There may be better methods out there

Anyways I only learnt up till the alphabets and nothing more hehe. Im intending to go for the hougang class since its affordable. Anyone tried the jurong branch? Would the teachers there be newer/less experienced compared to the main outlet at hougang?

Last edited by flyingeagles; 10-05-2018 at 08:10 PM..
flyingeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:56 PM   #9518
Master Member

Some of the characters very hard to write
Old 14-05-2018, 05:35 PM   #9519
Supremacy Member

drilling!

more drilling!
Old 28-05-2018, 04:18 PM   #9520

Hello! How is Ikoma language school? I saw their price and it was quite pricey compared to other japanese language schools. I'm currently comparing between Japanese association language class and ikoma language school. Could anyone give me any advice?? Thanks!
guten_abend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:22 PM   #9521
Master Member

just attended my first lesson in ikoma basic 1 today! sensei is Mr Takase and he's friendly and funny too! so far so gd, the speed isnt too fast and he make sure the student speaks up!
Old 03-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #9522
Master Member

Has anyone here took classes from language schools in Japan, for periods like 3-months or so?
swordsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:06 PM   #9523
Master Member

Hello! How is Ikoma language school? I saw their price and it was quite pricey compared to other japanese language schools. I'm currently comparing between Japanese association language class and ikoma language school. Could anyone give me any advice?? Thanks!
I'm not sure of the recent results, but Ikoma used to be the school with the highest % passes for JLPT in Singapore. And during JLPT exams ppl will go "wow......" when they hear that I am from Ikoma.

I think the standard in Ikoma should not be too far off now compared to my time although it has been quite a while. Hope that helps in your selection.
Ah_keong likes this.
unfinished07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:31 PM   #9524

Ikoma is a really nice school, they really invest on systems for practice papers/homeworks for students,
eg. all question are marked on the spot, then you will know your grades, in the answer sheet, you will see why you got it wrong and it tells you which chapter to review for every single answer (A, B, C, D)
My Teacher (Iwata sensei) is very friendly and funny, which makes student more interested.

This is the first time i took a class for japanese, and I would say i'm very impress on Ikoma
angeltst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:27 AM   #9525
High Supremacy Member

Ikoma is a really nice school, they really invest on systems for practice papers/homeworks for students,
eg. all question are marked on the spot, then you will know your grades, in the answer sheet, you will see why you got it wrong and it tells you which chapter to review for every single answer (A, B, C, D)
My Teacher (Iwata sensei) is very friendly and funny, which makes student more interested.

This is the first time i took a class for japanese, and I would say i'm very impress on Ikoma
friend also recommend Ikoma too!

i planning to take jap next year
blurblur123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.