HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

learning japanese

Like Tree356Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2019, 09:17 PM   #9631

BUNKA Pre advance 1

Hi i am thinking of either bunka pre advance or IKOMA, i prefer conversational, anyone went for both and able to share the differences?
SAVAD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2019, 03:36 PM   #9632
Supremacy Member

Hi i am thinking of either bunka pre advance or IKOMA, i prefer conversational, anyone went for both and able to share the differences?
I never did Bunka Pre-advanced, only their advanced. I did Ikoma's Pre-advanced, Advanced and Further advanced.

Bunka from Pre-advanced onwards are purely conversational.

Ikoma pre-advanced is also very conversational heavy.

Personally, I prefer Ikoma's classes because even though it is conversational, there is still a textbook that they follow and you can still track the progress. Bunka's approach is a little.. all over the place if I would put it.
zhirong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 10:32 PM   #9633

Hi all. May I know what does it mean by Ikoma is more of conversational? Any idea which school would be more suitable for a beginner?

Last edited by ichinisan; 21-06-2019 at 10:34 PM..
ichinisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 09:24 AM   #9634

Conversational means there is more conversation between the teacher and students and not just the teacher talking in the class. You may want to consider Ikoma.
jeremiahtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 09:27 AM   #9635

Hi all. May I know what does it mean by Ikoma is more of conversational? Any idea which school would be more suitable for a beginner?
Conversational means there is more conversation practice between the teacher and students or students and students and not just the teacher talking and the students listening in the class. You may want to consider Ikoma.
Old 30-06-2019, 09:47 AM   #9636

Conversational means there is more conversation practice between the teacher and students or students and students and not just the teacher talking and the students listening in the class. You may want to consider Ikoma.
Thanks for the reply. Will it be difficult to cope/adapt for a beginner? Planning to start learning soon.
ichinisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:48 PM   #9637

Thanks for the reply. Will it be difficult to cope/adapt for a beginner? Planning to start learning soon.

I've been to both. Ikoma's beginner and intermediate is very hard to cope due to a 5cm stack of homework every week. Their style focuses on rote learning and memorising of vocab. I found it too stressful so I changed to Bunka which has 2-5 worksheets per week and allows you to practice vocab through conversation and the style makes it easier to remember.
ramenmilktea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #9638

Good day, anyone can recommend which school provides a good conversational course and business conversational course?
zacking91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 01:09 PM   #9639

Good day, anyone can recommend which school provides a good conversational course and business conversational course?
Bunka offers Business Japanese courses and the Skills Future credit can be used.
Old 30-08-2019, 02:40 PM   #9640

if u want, u can see if you wanna sign up for my classes, but i only take in serious learners only.
Hi im interested. can pm me. thank you
darkie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:27 PM   #9641

Hi, after some research I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the language academies that offer Japanese classes. E.g. IKOMA, Bunka, inlingua and also SP and NUS. I'm a PR hence not eligible for Skillsfuture and such, SP & NUS seems to be very expensive. And scrolling through the thread I've seen good reviews of IKOMA. Any advice? Thanks!
zezeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:07 PM   #9642

Hi, after some research I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the language academies that offer Japanese classes. E.g. IKOMA, Bunka, inlingua and also SP and NUS. I'm a PR hence not eligible for Skillsfuture and such, SP & NUS seems to be very expensive. And scrolling through the thread I've seen good reviews of IKOMA. Any advice? Thanks!
Ikoma or Bunka are ok
FrostWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 06:47 AM   #9643

Yes.

Initially I was using English to learn. but after intermittent level, I found that it was better to use Chinese to learn instead.

If you were learning through Chinese language, I can recommend a Taiwanese who's teaching Japanese.

He's quite good in Japanese grammar / vocabulary, and can explain quite well (in Chinese language). In fact, he will explain or teach on some areas of which other textbooks don't teach but students are expected to know.

As for the pronunciation, it will be handled by a Japanese.

Usually He will do live on Sundays at 9 pm to explain on Japanese grammar / vocabulary, but will stop for these 2 weeks.

BTW, he's in Taiwan, not in Singapore, but I have bought Japanese course from him. If good, I might continue learning from him.
Hi, do you mind pm me the website or details? Thanks 😊
zenki81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 12:03 PM   #9644
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, do you mind pm me the website or details? Thanks 😊
Hi, PM as per request.
You Cannot be No 1 in Everything But You Must Be No 1 in Something
Put Space & ' on Impossible To Become I'M Possible
PingJun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2019, 03:01 PM   #9645
Supremacy Member

Ikoma N4 prep course worth to take
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.