Post Poly concern - Did badly for my Diploma

Basher

Reaction score
Hi, i graduated poly with a GPA of 2.48. I'm a male, 21 this year and i'm currently serving my NS. Honestly i took my time in poly for granted, regretted playing and slacking off too much but oh wellz. I rly wnt to get a degree and obviously with my kind of gpa its impossible to get into a local uni.

So heres my questions:
-I was thinking about retaking my diploma againand i know that by the time i graduate again i will be 25-26 this time, so is tht a good idea? So lets say i managed to get into a local uni, will i be too old to study then? And any idea if i can shorten my poly to 2 years this time or does it only apply to higher nitecs?

-Go for private degree e.g SIM GE, etc. (?) The reason why i didnt wna go for private degree is bcos i actually plan to work in a govt sector and of cos private degree are of no use in govt sector(correct me if im wrong).

-Last resort, go for private A

Will appreciate any advices or suggestions from any kind souls.

Livktj

Reaction score
Hey there! Same scenario. I graduated poly with gpa 2.5. Not really much choice there. I took a gap yr not wanting to rush into any courses as I am also not interested in anything.

Some suggestions people gave me during the gap yr:
1) private As.
You gotta be suuuuuper disciplined unless your parents can pay for tuition which im guessing is quite exp for jc level?

2) diploma
Do know that 2nd time diploma is not subsidized, ive heard my international friends gg cray about the sch fees back then (cant rmb exact sum). Although i would say this is a safe choice, since poly afterall is much slacker/easier for some courses, yeah the extra 3yrs is kinda scary. But you dont have to worry about not finding the same aged ppl when u r at uni cus back in poly, i have friends who have done NS and ITE. So somewhat the same la.

3) private degree at SIMGE (me currently)
If u are gonna spend extra money on diploma, i would suggest you spend it all on a private degree. Of course, you are looking to work in a govt sector, i suggest you look into every sim global unis, cus im nt very sure about whether they highly accept private degrees or not, but looking at the rising number of students in SIM, i believe theres a certain %.

Livktj

Reaction score
Oh forgot to name SIT. SIT is a poly-bias uni (if im not wrong xD) just do well in the interview and u have high chance! Oh and best if ur dip is related to the degree you want to apply to!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.