HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Retain or?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jacky5297

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2018, 09:51 PM   #1

Retain or?

Hi, I am 16 this year, and I am interested on signing on with the SPF.
However, I probably did badly for N's this year, I'm in Sec 4NA.
I wasn't taking my education seriously until last month, and I really regret it.
I wasn't a good kid in school, but I managed to stay out of crime, and I stopped mixing with bad influence, but it's too late.

So, should I retain Sec 4NA, go to Sec 5 and then a Poly and sign with SPF?

I'm in the midst of taking my N's, I have 4 more papers to go, if it goes well, I might be able to go to Sec 5. But if I did badly, should I retake Sec 4? If I repeat Sec 4NA, I am sure I will do well.
darry2133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 04:08 AM   #2

Speak with your teacher. It is better that your teacher or HOD advise you.

Please study hard. Lots of adults regretted they could have studied more in schools.
hello7777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 05:53 AM   #3
Supremacy Member

o level is much harder. If you want to retain, better retain sec 5 instead
Old 23-09-2018, 07:47 PM   #4

Try your best for the remaining papers, if failed, retake Sec 4 and make sure you score.

I have seen many of my peers who did badly during Sec school end up graduated with first class honours in local university.

Being looked down? Trust me you will laugh at this sentence 10 years from now when you look back...
littlehappy likes this.
jacky5297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #5

o level is much harder. If you want to retain, better retain sec 5 instead
Agreed! But I'm so happy that you have decided on your path and you're focusing on studies. But also a reminder that in NS they will stream you based on your studies so make sure you continuously work hard and achieve your SPF dream!! Good luck
smiletutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:50 PM   #6

Hi, I am 16 this year, and I am interested on signing on with the SPF.
However, I probably did badly for N's this year, I'm in Sec 4NA.
I wasn't taking my education seriously until last month, and I really regret it.
I wasn't a good kid in school, but I managed to stay out of crime, and I stopped mixing with bad influence, but it's too late.

So, should I retain Sec 4NA, go to Sec 5 and then a Poly and sign with SPF?

I'm in the midst of taking my N's, I have 4 more papers to go, if it goes well, I might be able to go to Sec 5. But if I did badly, should I retake Sec 4? If I repeat Sec 4NA, I am sure I will do well.
Its great that you stopped being astray, some youngsters these days do not take education seriously, last time adults no chance to study due to alot of reasons end up work during their days to earn a living and rise people like us.

There are so many education pathways in singapore, but important thing is your character besides your studies, because they reflect who you are. If you have heart and good attitude to do something, you will definitely sucessed.

One of my friends in 4NA previously is now studying in ITE in IT for higher Nitec and doing well, he hopes to go to polytechnic and do overseas studies in future.

Another friend of mine, in 5NA, is also working hard to go into polytechnic for his diploma in IT.

it all begins with a dream, it motivates you to go on, of course, you face challenges but you are definitely not alone and you do not need to handle challenges alone.

What i can recommend besides retaining, ITE is also another opportunity for you, just my suggestion, if you have thoughts or interested of doing what you want. You still can progress even though its a long journey, i myself exprienced it before.

Last edited by Idme231; 06-10-2018 at 12:39 AM..
Idme231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 10:44 PM   #7

all the best to u u can do it u need to believe in urself
littlehappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.