Skillsfuture@PA Korean Language

abcxyz123890

Reaction score
With or without using the skills future credit, has anyone went for the korean language course at cc before?

Reaction score
Korean is the 17th most widely spoken language in the world with approx. 80 Million native speakers. So, if you want to travel to Korea or want to study, work or do business there, you should consider learning Korean language. Good luck boys!

abcxyz123890

Reaction score
Am going to but just wonder is the course structure provided by cc enough to understand what the natives learnt for years.

mamoo82

Reaction score
depends on which teacher and whether your classmates are willing to continue the class after each stage. the pace is generally much slower as compared to learning in a Korean language school. some teachers have their own notes while others use language books produced by established Korean universities.

himynameiskimchi

Reaction score
Studying Korean

I have been teaching Korean for 6 years and I am pretty sure that those teachers in the cc do their parts in teaching Korean. But mostly the courses teach only until the basics of Korean, and it will be better for you to find a school with more advanced classes that teach until TOPIK or advanced Korean.

Normally teachers in language schools with more advanced classes will be more likely to teach you more basics that are important when you learn advanced Korean.

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went for Korean language classes 10 years ago at a CC. The teacher just taught the grammar for 20mins and copy down the description without explaining to us the meaning. Then she’ll proceed to make us repeat 10-15 times with a radio recorded short convo and sentences containing the grammar for the week.

What I can tell you is that learning language is not just repeating lines, you’ll have to practice the grammar and the teacher must break down the sentence (when you’re a beginner) to aid your understanding.

If you’re a serious learner, I would suggest you to either learn online (TTMIK, youtube etc) or go to a proper language school (google and you’ll find many). Don’t waste time and money at CC.

GreggMQ

Reaction score
I went for Korean language classes 10 years ago at a CC. The teacher just taught the grammar for 20mins and copy down the description without explaining to us the meaning. Then she’ll proceed to make us repeat 10-15 times with a radio recorded short convo and sentences containing the grammar for the week.

Nowadays I would prefer to learn Korean language with online tutors, because of all these COVID restrictions, and actually cause online learning is much simpler. Talking of which, I can recommend Preply cause it's the most useful online language learning resource I could find. They have plenty of awesome Korean tutors with nice and rich linguist's experience, and pretty nice system where you can see how much money (dollars per hour) would cost this or that tutor.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.