Actually What is the point of children?

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do not think we should bring a child into the world just because we wan to fulfil our living, that will be selfish on our end. They are not given a choice whether they wanna come to this cruel world or not.

This world is not an ideal place to live in, so many *** around. So many desires and greed causing suffering to the kid.

A person can be a good parent when they have useful values to impart. Otherwise best stay single. Dont ruin the kid's life.

rast time.... the living conditions was so bad and difficult.... wat porridge only... yet people can give birth to a dozen kids

why 1 also cannot... is all in your mind lah

we are just selfish at times... dont want sacrifice all this for a kid

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
rast time.... the living conditions was so bad and difficult.... wat porridge only... yet people can give birth to a dozen kids

why 1 also cannot... is all in your mind lah

we are just selfish at times... dont want sacrifice all this for a kid

Read my latest post please. Tell me how much people u have seen and unable to help.

And if ur child inevitably turn out this way which is common in SG, u can handle or not? If u have the capacity to handle the existing living people's emo problems, then u go ahead lor.

Last edited:

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
See children grow up and realise grow up v fast is priceless.

No money can buy.
Of cos, journey is not ez.
Open nee chapters, which life is not about stagnant

minamikaze

Reaction score
Wife, wife's parents and my parents all want children and always nag me. Sigh. What can I do?

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
Wife, wife's parents and my parents all want children and always nag me. Sigh. What can I do?

The issue about wanting kids or not, did both u and SO discussed before getting into relationship/marriage? Now that your view disagree with them.

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
So does tat means u as children not responsible to ur parents???

If my parents are not responsible towards me, neglected me, i will do the same to them la. My Mum treats me very well, i repay her back. My Dad is not a good role model, i just do the minimum for him.

Going back to main topic. Yes if parents raise me up, i will reciprocate. But that doesnt mean i need to give birth to a child right? A child zaps all my energy, time, money and eventually... end result may be a disappointment. Seen too many of such cases to convince me.

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple, the only way to be filial and or repay is carry on family line.
Don't they wan u to?
Be positive. Cases as mentioned May not happen. U also said May liao. If dont try, means war lost.

minamikaze

Reaction score
The issue about wanting kids or not, did both u and SO discussed before getting into relationship/marriage? Now that your view disagree with them.

Before going into marriage, both of us agreed that kids are not for us at that moment, but that we would revisit the topic a few years down the road. Parents on both sides of course want kids from the very beginning.
Now, wife also wants kids, but my mind hasn't changed from the beginning.
It's a pain.

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
Before going into marriage, both of us agreed that kids are not for us at that moment, but that we would revisit the topic a few years down the road. Parents on both sides of course want kids from the very beginning.
Now, wife also wants kids, but my mind hasn't changed from the beginning.
It's a pain.
Here's my problem now. My first time going out with a guy, so far we went out 6 times. The guy is telling me he wants kids. My heart is telling me i dont wan, no matter how much i tried convincing myself it can be good to have one. I guess no matter how good are the guys, when things like this happen, it may be a dealbreaker for me liao.

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let nature take course.
Talk to guy and let him know hw ur feel.
Nothing is perfect, anywayz.

Gentle reminder, bb doesnt say u wan means will have.
Is fated.
Look ard and see some are trying v hard, but to no avail.
Don't avoid life. Face it and who knows?

mickey88

Master Member
Reaction score
Here's my problem now. My first time going out with a guy, so far we went out 6 times. The guy is telling me he wants kids. My heart is telling me i dont wan, no matter how much i tried convincing myself it can be good to have one. I guess no matter how good are the guys, when things like this happen, it may be a dealbreaker for me liao.

lol..go out 6 times oni..so meaning not even a yr..tok abt hving kids is too early..Having kids is just another step into new stage of relationship..some hv d guts while some dun hv the guts..kids might be d new bonding stage of the relationship that might be stagnant over number of yrs

demonqiyue

Reaction score
same with me ideally not wanting any kids in future. Just wanna honeymoon and enjoy the rest of my time with someone I love ;D but not easy to find a lady who do not want kids unless older ladies =X

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It is not going to be easy unfortunately

There will be alot of regret accumulating within your wife many years down the road when the window has past. And we all know world peace starts at home.

zombie52

Reaction score
It is not going to be easy unfortunately

There will be alot of regret accumulating within your wife many years down the road when the window has past. And we all know world peace starts at home.
Yes, and also think about what happens if there's only two of you but both of you are ill and old.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.