Actually What is the point of children?

TrollAndOgres

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I seen people who follow social norms, and been advising me to do so as well. but when I go to their house and see them frustrated with their children, i am wondering is it worth it.

i seen people who love children, saints.

i also seen a friend raising child because she don't want to become lonely when they are old. so she tried 3 times IVF in 40s, it cost her about 50k. her quality of living dropped quite drastically. her husband not supportive of having children, thus not very proactive in child issues, she face it alone although unhappy. she is tied to having to work for the next 20 years to support her child studies, and because she drained quite a lot of savings in IVF. now her child every night cry, she has to wake up comfort the child, causing sleep disturbance in her, everyday looking tired, she also hires a maid for her child. her kid becomes closer to everyone but not her because her time spent on working. is it worth it?
this. societal norms.

my ex coll this woman who seemed to think every woman MUST have at least 2 kids, as if then a woman's job is complete (utter bull, of course). she even commented that some child-free couple friends that i have, may be so because they "can't give birth, you'll never know". it's like in her brain it's all about women must give birth.

ironic thing is, she was pregnant and once she had to bring her older child out, AND her husband said he was "too tired" to ferry them to and from a dinner place, something like 15-20 mins drive at most.

do until so tired, for wad sia? her husband also not supportive what.

on another note, another friend of mine gave birth to 2 kids but now facing dilemma of not being able to find childcare (cos mother & MIL can't take care fulltime). and again, husband is not supportive.

seriously don't understand why suffer to bring kids into the world, and cause them to suffer too.

Zze121

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those already have kids will think that u r something wrong not to have kids.
When bosses heard that you do not have any kids their face immediately changed.

makann

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you have kids now, chances are you will need to support him all the way till he married.. because the competition of future generation will be even worst.

till married nia? i have seen so many cases of old ah pehs ah mahs still slogging away supporting their 40s 50s sons. not csb

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most simple minded folks would want kids. The older generations were simple minded that's why birth rates were alright last time. And some examples of simple mindedness today are, so they can pay less income tax like someone mentioned here and having more leave which one edmwer like to boast about. Now people think alot and so one of the consequences is having no kids.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So that you can

Get into deeper debts
Worry about their safety constantly
Worry about their education and studies
Worry about their health
Worry about their character
Retire later

Feel free to add
My sibling w a f up attitude still dream of getting married making my parent constantly worried. Somemore not say treat them gd . i really dun understand parent mentality

Sent from 西方极乐世界 using GAGT

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do not agree. U can see now SG is very competitive. What about 10 years later? 20 years later? When your kid graduate and they cant find a job?

Most of your money is spent on them, have you saved enough for your retirement? Best case scenario, they give u a few hundred to a few thousands per month for allowance. But what if they cant even earn enough to feed themselves? Then you have to support them too?
Last x kids like uz dun need tuition now it a must w all e nonsense like music, ballet, abacaus, lancing watever then parents must volunteer as slaves in schools to secure pplace & not bao can get then must study along w kids.

Kids also no childhood then adult muzt follow w them.

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another thing

All e gina nowadays

Look at tablet more than parents but who give them?
(Recent case where 5 yr old boy dl $700+game credits on hp & reason parents give is they cannot make him stop. Wtf. Then still wana appeal to telcos), should just slap them back to blackhole of universe

Look at how early fall in love then dun studee

Haven earn $ spend $ like nobody business

Look at how all cannot scold cannot beat end up dun know value of humanity

all better off dead

Goldschlager

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
till married nia? i have seen so many cases of old ah pehs ah mahs still slogging away supporting their 40s 50s sons. not csb

this. Just chat with a 70+ uncle working at the mall today and he is working as a cleaner to reduce the financial burden for his son :( those who want kids just to support yr retirement better don't even think of having it.

ZedMaster

Banned
Reaction score
Having children is the ultimate fulfillment of life. Without children, your life will never be full and the emptiness will only be felt in your old age.

When you have children, you will be able to look into the future that is beyond your lifetime.

kbtsam

Master Member
Reaction score
Your own anticipated future is also an experience that will affect your emotions and level of satisfaction

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to those negative ppl here.. why are u born then?

no meaning. Till the day u realised, all too late. wanna yolo? nahzzz.....

Rakkaa

Reaction score
Wow so many flame here..

I am not against having children, I do not mind to be honest.
But call me selfish but I do not want my children to go through what I have been through. Every time i hear a mother talk about PSLE, I want to bang the wall. As if the worth of their child is based on academics.

Would prefer to raise my kids in a different country with slower pace so he can enjoy the different aspects of life, and not so financially demanding.

People in the past are more simple minded, are able to breed and simply slog until death. But our generations are more sheltered and educated, we will keep second guessing our decisions. Makes it hard to be happy.

Ultimately, I suppose having children is a relief when you are dying. That you have left something behind, compared to dying alone

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this. Just chat with a 70+ uncle working at the mall today and he is working as a cleaner to reduce the financial burden for his son :( those who want kids just to support yr retirement better don't even think of having it.
Wana study go think of own way like amdk lah. Depend on parenrs yet wana act satki find them nusiance. Shoykd just send em back to blackhole of universe

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Having children is the ultimate fulfillment of life. Without children, your life will never be full and the emptiness will only be felt in your old age.

When you have children, you will be able to look into the future that is beyond your lifetime.
Have u ever been in old folks home where they sent there by children? I ever seen an animal (caise he not fit ro be human) drive his merc or bmw metal to e institution & dump his aged mother there only to be called back later to pick her up cause it not a dumping ground for him.

Have u seen married kids not ever visit their parents afterwards

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.