LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2020, 09:46 AM   #1

Any good app for 1-3 years old?

As above.

10char
Old 03-12-2020, 07:39 PM   #2

As above.

10char
No screens. It is bad for brain development. Preliminary studies have been done. Children who use screens regularly have reduced grey matter compared to those who use occassionaly.
Polar Bear King likes this.
smallbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:33 AM   #3

youtube kids lor..double age sword..kids pick up words faster..end of the day is you limit the hours spend
mickey88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:55 AM   #4
Suspended

I still believe young kids should play with soft toys and building blocks
Polar Bear King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:34 AM   #5
High Supremacy Member

3yo, abit ok.

1 - 2yo, BIG NO NO

[SIZE="3"][I][B][FONT="Century Gothic"]No matter how carefully you choose your words, they'll always end up getting twisted by others.[/FONT][/B][/I][/SIZE]
BrOwnTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:23 PM   #6

yes, this is a double edge knife
misterleaf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2020, 02:33 PM   #7

None. Read actual books, play with real toys

Sent from My Spaceship using GAGT
cattwl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 01:01 AM   #8

No screen time for this age group. They can be in danger of language delay. Children learn to talk by having two way conversations with real people, they also learn to interpret social cues such as gestures and eye contact. You can't do this on a screen.

They may also develop attention deficit hyperactive disorder. Fast moving image on the screen can lead to difficulty in focusing.

And finally, it can lead to obesity and myopia.

What's worse, once you start them young, it is going to be difficult to control the addiction. When they get older, all hell will break loose. They may refuse to go to school, become violent if you limit their screen time. These are true experiences from friends and siblings who are teachers and social workers.

So don't even start when they are so young!

Young children need to interact with real people and real objects for healthy brain development. Period.
Taloona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 10:26 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

All this talk cock been around since TV was invented

in the end people still grow up to be proper humans

so many kids out there growing up with screens from young

you dont see any problems at all

stop spreading the ******** la

all this myths and no concrete scientific proof

like asking people to deposit $ on LI CHUN
or rolling pineapple in a new house
Old 14-01-2021, 10:27 AM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

No screens. It is bad for brain development. Preliminary studies have been done. Children who use screens regularly have reduced grey matter compared to those who use occassionaly.
source pls.
Old 14-01-2021, 07:45 PM   #11

source pls.
Very ironic for parents to wonder if children should be nurtured with screens, but cannot do internet search for information on their own.

CONCLUSION: Screens are useless, because even adults cannot educate themselves.

Parents, if you want to argue with the studies and say that you will control your children very well, because you are smart, go ahead. It is your children. You can do whatever you want. You think that you are capable of beating nature and become a god, go ahead. I don't care, and I'm not going to argue.

There are people who think that vaccination is harmful. That is their problem. Let your children watch all the tv and apps, for all I care. And then show the whole world that your children are extraordinary in the future. Just do it.

Neophytou, E., Manwell, L.A. & Eikelboom, R. Effects of Excessive Screen Time on Neurodevelopment, Learning, Memory, Mental Health, and Neurodegeneration: a Scoping Review. Int J Ment Health Addiction (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11469-019-00182-2
https://link.springer.com/article/10...69-019-00182-2

Hutton JS, Dudley J, Horowitz-Kraus T, DeWitt T, Holland SK. Associations Between Screen-Based Media Use and Brain White Matter Integrity in Preschool-Aged Children. JAMA Pediatr. 2020;174(1):e193869. doi:10.1001/jamapediatrics.2019.3869
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2754101

Last edited by smallbrain; 14-01-2021 at 07:55 PM..
Old 14-01-2021, 08:13 PM   #12

It is only a myth because you know nothing. The fact that there are studies, although preliminary, indicate that you reflect the Dunning-Kruger effect. You even argued without evidence, while asking for evidence.
You are shooting yourself in the foot. How smart is that? Is that "street smart"? You are not thinking critically. You are not thinking scientifically. What are you going to do next? Insult me? Use the laughing smiley? That is what people like you like to do. Respond emotionally.

You are not stating any original thoughts. You are only parroting your socio-economic group. How is that good? You are not using the internet to learn. You don't know how to use the internet to learn. You don't know how to use the internet to find information. How "street smart" are you? Is there a book named How to use the internet to find information? This is not "book smarts".

You can laugh and say "smart people like you find information for me". Yes, but i cannot earn money for you. I cannot raise your children for you. I cannot make you spiritually enlightened. I can explain to you what Buddha taught, or what Jesus taught, but you cannot understand it if you don't use your own brain.
Are you still in school? Do I have to spoon feed you with notes? You are older than me but you behave like secondary school student. Is that "street smart"?

I know people like you. Die hard protective of your beliefs. Why don't you let your children have excessive screen time. And then you show us the results. Show us how awesome your children are.

Last edited by smallbrain; 15-01-2021 at 01:40 AM..
Old 17-01-2021, 11:55 AM   #13

So many kids grow up with screens and no issues? Evidence? Any studies to support what you said?

Please go and search for studies on screen time and young children's development.

Anyway, if you have young children and reject what these studies reveal, good luck.
Old 19-01-2021, 12:08 AM   #14
High Supremacy Member

pls make this a sticky thread
chopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2021, 06:11 PM   #15

With TV, at least it is confined to the home. Now with smart phones and tablets, it goes with you everywhere.

Have you seen young children glued to the gadgets during meal times in food courts and restaurants? The adults too. And when the parents take the gadgets away, the kids threw a huge tantrum. The addiction has started. If this continues and nothing is done by the parents, obesity and myopia may set in, not to mention poor social skills and maybe even speech delay.

When the addiction sets in deeper by the time they reach upper primary and beyond, good luck to the parents. Just speak to educators and social workers working with dysfunctional families.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.