HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

any parents here? your parents got refuse to take care of your baby/child?

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #31

What about your wife's parents?
Are they able to help take care of your baby?
doratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 08:20 PM   #32

That's life

Just hire a maid asap
Taro Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 08:23 PM   #33
Supremacy Member

while my wife was pregnant, my parents who were wishing for a grandchild all the while said they were willing to take care of the baby. I said ok, thinking that grandparents look after baby is better than a maid.

fast forward, baby is now nearly 3 months old. baby has been taken care of by confinement lady in first month. and second month by my wife, while my parents came at times in the day to play with him.

then this week, my wife and I took 2 days break to go for a short trip nearby. When I was back, my parents say they cannot look after him. He said he cries every few hours for milk and the crying at night was especially difficult. I mean that's what babies do. Anyone can play with the baby, but to change his diapers, rock him to sleep, and feed him is different issue.

so end up now, they told me to go hire a maid when my wife go back work, and they will just pop by at times to check how it goes.

I have mixed feelings about this. if I knew at the start that they are not going to take care of him, I would have hired a maid, but now I am scrambling to find one before my wife go back to work. also, my parents are not doing anything, not working, just staying at home watch tv, or go market or go out. they are free to live their lives that way, but somehow I just feel abit disappointed and abit jealous that some friends of mine have their parents looking after their children for them.

anyone here also like that?
Wait until ur parents take care for U....but everyday kpkb.

The baby is your responsibility....cannot expect parents to help....if they do....great....if they dont....LL.
Xcert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 08:23 PM   #34

Infant care should be around 1.4k lidat. I am unsure if there is any subsidy.
As for maid, it should be around 1k if you were to add in all those misc.
doratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 08:25 PM   #35
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don't think TS is pushing all the blame to his parents bah.
I think at this moment he is very lost. Wife due to go back to work, parents last min don't want to look after bb.

He need to find a suitable care giver within a short period of time is not easy.

If his wife can extend her leave of coz is gd. If can't then really is headache liao.
Bubblebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 08:36 PM   #36
High Supremacy Member

while my wife was pregnant, my parents who were wishing for a grandchild all the while said they were willing to take care of the baby. I said ok, thinking that grandparents look after baby is better than a maid.

fast forward, baby is now nearly 3 months old. baby has been taken care of by confinement lady in first month. and second month by my wife, while my parents came at times in the day to play with him.

then this week, my wife and I took 2 days break to go for a short trip nearby. When I was back, my parents say they cannot look after him. He said he cries every few hours for milk and the crying at night was especially difficult. I mean that's what babies do. Anyone can play with the baby, but to change his diapers, rock him to sleep, and feed him is different issue.

so end up now, they told me to go hire a maid when my wife go back work, and they will just pop by at times to check how it goes.

I have mixed feelings about this. if I knew at the start that they are not going to take care of him, I would have hired a maid, but now I am scrambling to find one before my wife go back to work. also, my parents are not doing anything, not working, just staying at home watch tv, or go market or go out. they are free to live their lives that way, but somehow I just feel abit disappointed and abit jealous that some friends of mine have their parents looking after their children for them.

anyone here also like that?
Means you are not closed with your parents or you neglect them too much and just came back to look for them when need help.
Some-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 08:37 PM   #37
High Supremacy Member

Wait until ur parents take care for U....but everyday kpkb.

The baby is your responsibility....cannot expect parents to help....if they do....great....if they dont....LL.
Yeah. That's right.
Some-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 08:43 PM   #38
Arch-Supremacy Member

ts beh kan create one problem then now blame parents.

having a kid is your own responsibility? don't shirk it. wake up your idea can or not?

no wonder got so many people are not fit to be parents.

if you are not rich, please don't have kids.
hardwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 08:47 PM   #39

problem can start from 1st day. many didnt know how to take care of baby. my mother took care of my niece n nephew. Sleep and play time are regulated and monitor how much milk they drink. at night, feed warm milk and pad them to sleep. The babys wake up at 7am only.

We know we have a clock in ourself, baby same as well. have to tune them correctly.
Upzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 08:47 PM   #40
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hope you can get a good helper soon else consider IFC or nanny lo..

They are not obliged to take care of your little one for you ah
Old 30-12-2017, 08:49 PM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

problem can start from 1st day. many didnt know how to take care of baby. my mother took care of my niece n nephew. Sleep and play time are regulated and monitor how much milk they drink. at night, feed warm milk and pad them to sleep. The babys wake up at 7am only.

We know we have a clock in ourself, baby same as well. have to tune them correctly.
Not all of us have text book babies lei.. heng for your mum lo that your niece and nephew are lo
Old 30-12-2017, 08:50 PM   #42
High Supremacy Member

they not obliged to take care but since they are the ones who opened their big mouth, all i say is they played you out.

normally i would say parent's don't owe you, you should be taking care of your own kid. Your case different i guess.
Le_coq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #43
High Supremacy Member

I have hear my friend mentioned to me that taking care of the grandson is very tiring, then my friend suggested to hire baby sitter, then the mother say, like that might as well pay her that money. What's worse is that she expect more than a baby sitter cos it's like she give face help to take care.

For me, I am lucky that my in laws are taking care of my son for me cos of my medical condition. However there are still times whereby she'll nag about how tired it is.

Sent from HUAWEI ALP-L29 using GAGT
Ange1cry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 08:53 PM   #44
Supremacy Member

My story is both sides fighting to take care of my son...

My wife always let her mum aka 外婆 take care whereas my mum aka 阿嬤 only see her grandson once every month and she is very sad...

My wife hate my mum, every thing my mum said or do, she buay song but everything her mum do is ok...

Really is FML...
Haiz happened to me too. Wife not happy my mum. My mum not happy my Wife.
Emo_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 08:54 PM   #45

u swey swey kenna this type of maid then ho sey

https://mothership.sg/2017/12/singapore-maid-from-hell/
This is jin scary
wadtheEel is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.