any parents here? your parents got refuse to take care of your baby/child?

Ormitohhoot

Reaction score
Parents oredi how old liao still need to take care of chiur baby. Chiur how old liao can't take care of own kid. Even they offer we iso must 自动abit. Quickly relief the burden bcos ish urs to start wif..some more go holiday. Prolly TL chiur so thoughtless, forgot baby ish u make one, so turn decision in case chiur dump baby & take off again. Hv baby ish no holiday, chiur realli ish too much liao :(
Agree w you. Think what give them a bb , they super grateful to you huh n willing fetch the moon for you if u ask for.
Now what year liao, 2018 coming in less than 24 hr, still think old ppl very desperate for grandchildren meh. Some of them rather you dun have children . So that they dun have to help support your child too.

Ormitohhoot

Reaction score
Are you willing to pay her $1.6k if she is willing to look after?

If can afford 1.6k, I think the wife stop work for 2 yrs, also still can survive ba. Hmmm..... is it the money or is it wife also don't wan take care full time? I think TS need to he honest w yourself .

Mzeria

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So many things to think of, no wonder ppl dunwan kids nowadays:o

tauntme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think it's not possible to come up with another question that reeks more of self entitlement :o

lazysundae

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Focking abandoned baby to go on holiday and expect child rearing duties to be carried out by own parents instead

Sent from Anfield YNWA using GAGT

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
take care urself.. so u know how hard when ur parent take care of u when u r baby..

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
people like TS must be PAP supporters

cos you want your parents to work until die.

old and retired liao you still got the heart to want your parents to feed your baby and clean its sh!t

[Audrey]

Reaction score
This is one of the worse sons ever to have.

Your parents are not obligated to help you look after your kid. Same for your wife's parents.

It is YOUR own kid. You or your wife bear the responsibility to take care of your kid. Your parents dont owe you a living. If they do, ok good for you. If not, then look after yourself. They are already old and look after you their whole life leh, now need to look after your kid!? I know in Asian families, some grandparents will help but not all. It is not a must but you sound like your parents have to do it if not they let you down. Your friends' parents help to look after their kids doesnt mean your parents have to. Grow some balls, man up and take care of your own kid. It is either you or your wife stay home to look after the kid. If not then hire someone.

doratch

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think mine mum most extreme. When wife preg she say no need to hire confinement nanny. She would help look after baby. Lucky I still go ahead to get a nanny as my wife was still can't walk properly for 2 weeks after giving birth.

After giving birth to her grand child , she ask my dad n my brother not to touch my baby till after 1st month as it's consider dirty.

Wah lan... from tat moment I gave up on my mum to look after my baby.

Sent from BOT using GAGT

Wah.
Your mum is those with those traditional thinking!

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
many of them dun wanna take care of grandchildren coz they say they take care of their own children until grow up, get married and have their own kids liao, so they as grandparents they wanna go enjoy life rather than staying at home to take care of the grandchildren

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If both side still have grandparents

For harmony

And can afford

Please at least get a live in maid to do most of the cleaning etc

With baby is really a lot of washing, cleaning, packing and. Repeat

Is very tiring one - so better get maid to do

Both sides grandparents can help check on maid on off if not living together

After all grandparents should be to enjoy and give quality time to grandkids not be burdened with cleaning etc

But if Cannot afford maid

Then no choice

Last edited:

doratch

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If can afford 1.6k, I think the wife stop work for 2 yrs, also still can survive ba. Hmmm..... is it the money or is it wife also don't wan take care full time? I think TS need to he honest w yourself .

If the wife's salary is less than 1.6k, it makes more sense for the wife to stay at home and look after the baby.
But if the wife is earning more than 4k, it doesn't make sense for the wife to stay at home and look after the baby.

Bubblebum

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think mine mum most extreme. When wife preg she say no need to hire confinement nanny. She would help look after baby. Lucky I still go ahead to get a nanny as my wife was still can't walk properly for 2 weeks after giving birth.

After giving birth to her grand child , she ask my dad n my brother not to touch my baby till after 1st month as it's consider dirty.

Wah lan... from tat moment I gave up on my mum to look after my baby.

Sent from BOT using GAGT

Huh??? Simi dirty?

klap_hanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
家家有本难念的经

If both sides fighting to take care and want the grandson for themselves, u oso headache...

If both sides don't wanna help take care at all and u can only depend on yourselves , like this oso headache

Hire maid, put in infant care or engage babysitter, all got risks and headache one, I guess we will just have to suck it up and deal with it..

sunsetbay

Reaction score
My Nephew ytd sleep at 7pm and wake up at 2.30am to play . Feelin g sad for my Mother. Whole day taking care of him and finally at night can sleep ended up this boy woke up and play till donnoe what time .

I did try to take care of him for awhile. But after 15 minutes. Play play and lazy to take care Liao. Is very tough to take care for whole day when they just started to walk. They tempt to keep wanting to walk and keep fall. 1 year 6 month and I have to keep following him to prevent him from falling .

Baby still quite ok. Drink and sleep and drink and sleep again

1yr6mths should able to walk steadily~ I sent my dau to nursery at 1yr10mths~ from there can slowly stretch the time at the center from few hours to eventually to full day when reached N1, this way my MIL have more time on her own~

Ilovegreenbeansoup

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Things happen. They underestimate ur baby. Lol

Ur baby is a monster baby haha...

Find a maid bah. Then put childcare in 18 months.

Problem solved.

Fizzical

Reaction score
while my wife was pregnant, my parents who were wishing for a grandchild all the while said they were willing to take care of the baby. I said ok, thinking that grandparents look after baby is better than a maid.

fast forward, baby is now nearly 3 months old. baby has been taken care of by confinement lady in first month. and second month by my wife, while my parents came at times in the day to play with him.

then this week, my wife and I took 2 days break to go for a short trip nearby. When I was back, my parents say they cannot look after him. He said he cries every few hours for milk and the crying at night was especially difficult. I mean that's what babies do. Anyone can play with the baby, but to change his diapers, rock him to sleep, and feed him is different issue.

so end up now, they told me to go hire a maid when my wife go back work, and they will just pop by at times to check how it goes.

I have mixed feelings about this. if I knew at the start that they are not going to take care of him, I would have hired a maid, but now I am scrambling to find one before my wife go back to work. also, my parents are not doing anything, not working, just staying at home watch tv, or go market or go out. they are free to live their lives that way, but somehow I just feel abit disappointed and abit jealous that some friends of mine have their parents looking after their children for them.

anyone here also like that? :(

******* irresponsible. After give birth can go for short trip.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.