any parents here? your parents got refuse to take care of your baby/child?

P R N D

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All bashing TS sia, TS is just frustrated that he has to make last minute changes to his infant care plans la. In my opinion it's actually a good thing he and his wife went for the short trip, at least his parents discovered earlier that they are not capable of caring for an infant.

TS, either hire a helper or consider infant care centers lor. No choice one.
TS deserved it.

Your parents already suffered so much when you was a baby. Now they are old, you think they still got strength and health to take care infant? They give out taking care your baby also 情有可言。

Nowadays, I see people taking things as granted on kinships. Keep on blaming and complaining this & that but never look at whole pictures.

TS, don't blame your parents. It's your turn to suffer not them.

Sent from Oneplus Galaxy S8_edge_plus using GAGT

Sultana

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would think TS felt "safer" to leave his child with his own parents than other people (babysitter, infant care, maid etc). Coz his parents gave him the "assurance", thats why, he felt its ok to have a kid. Now, he felt "played out" by his own parents.

More like parents didn't expect TS to dump baby & take off for holiday..we couldn't even have any holiday till 4 ,5 years later when children old enough to travel without diapers..

hardwriter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had thought abt it but full day infant care costs much more than maid and maid can also do other stuff like clean the house. Also infantcarr need to pick up by certain time and me n Wife both work Long hrs. But maid I worry will mistreat child. If do both hire maid and send child care one mth 2k plus gone. I not so rich. :(

you ownself admit you not so rich?

then why have kid? gian song shoot insai? you got any idea what kind of life this kid going to have?

poor kid.

kaya123

Reaction score
Ts only asking for comments/assistance from parents here. No sarcastic. Ppl who understand wont give such comments. As ts is a first time young parent, of cos have many questions how how how. Things move along, children milestone etc, u will be smiling.

人生我
我生人
人养我
我养人
He won't be smiling when it comes to the time when he enjoys his retirement but his kid expects him to babysit his grandchildren and will rant on forum if he refuses.

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can dont be so selfish or not

ask your wife quit her job and look after your child until primary school lah. its nobbody's business to raise your kid except you and your wife. not your parents, not a maid.

once hit P1 liao, im sure you can nego with your parents, after school go their place for 3-4hrs then u pick your kid up before going home.

same time your wife can actually go back work full time.

selfish fug, want shoot insai now dunwan look after your kid properly then throw to maid look after. best yet, your kid only 3 mths old and u 2 can go holiday and throw ur kid to parents like that. jin satki ~

:mad:

Nowadays many couples are dual income families due to choice or circumstances. Either:

(1) Husband don't allow wife to be stay at home fulltime housewife. Husband not willing to be sole breadwinner. Everything also want to 50% co-share with wife. Home reno, furniture, fridge, CNY angbao, dining at restaurants, etc also want to wtf co-share.

(2) Wife want to be career woman and don't want to depend on husband's household allowance

Consequences? 20 years later, the child become not close to the parents. End up join gangs or take drugs or do parkour and died dropping down from a shopping mall.

Last edited:

hardwriter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
please la. if not rich, please don't have kids.

ownself poor good enough. want to hug everyone and die together is a different thing altogether

x1243x

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS, I think your parents probably meant looking after in the day. Overnight and over a few days is entirely different and way more taxing.

Bubblebum

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS, I think your parents probably meant looking after in the day. Overnight and over a few days is entirely different and way more taxing.

TS didn't mention if the parents will be taking care overnite. The overnite part was when he and his wife went for holiday.

Then the parents take over to take care full time. And they realised is not as easy as they thought. So tell TS to find alt care giver.

But if to ask parents to take care 24/7 after wife go back work is a bit too much lah.

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same boat as you. First baby in the family she was very excited and says she will take care since she also has a maid. First 2 months I care for the baby myself. 3rd month she ask me to hire a maid bcos her maid need to take care of her dogs.

So satki need maid to take care of dogs?

:s13:

bigass

Reaction score
靠自己,不要靠别人

你行的
while my wife was pregnant, my parents who were wishing for a grandchild all the while said they were willing to take care of the baby. I said ok, thinking that grandparents look after baby is better than a maid.

fast forward, baby is now nearly 3 months old. baby has been taken care of by confinement lady in first month. and second month by my wife, while my parents came at times in the day to play with him.

then this week, my wife and I took 2 days break to go for a short trip nearby. When I was back, my parents say they cannot look after him. He said he cries every few hours for milk and the crying at night was especially difficult. I mean that's what babies do. Anyone can play with the baby, but to change his diapers, rock him to sleep, and feed him is different issue.

so end up now, they told me to go hire a maid when my wife go back work, and they will just pop by at times to check how it goes.

I have mixed feelings about this. if I knew at the start that they are not going to take care of him, I would have hired a maid, but now I am scrambling to find one before my wife go back to work. also, my parents are not doing anything, not working, just staying at home watch tv, or go market or go out. they are free to live their lives that way, but somehow I just feel abit disappointed and abit jealous that some friends of mine have their parents looking after their children for them.

anyone here also like that? :(

Buzy_bee

Reaction score
TS didn't mention if the parents will be taking care overnite. The overnite part was when he and his wife went for holiday.

Then the parents take over to take care full time. And they realised is not as easy as they thought. So tell TS to find alt care giver.

But if to ask parents to take care 24/7 after wife go back work is a bit too much lah.

That's why there's a term "weekend parents ". During weekdays baby is taken care by grandparents fully 24x5. Parents pick up baby on Friday night and return to grandparents on Sunday night as both parents have to work.

P R N D

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS, taking advantage of parents!!!

Ownself give ownself problems. Only yourself to blame.

Sent from Oneplus Galaxy S8_edge_plus using GAGT

sinicker

Master Member
Reaction score
My first trip with the wife without my firstborn was when he was 2 years old, not 3 months old.

sinicker

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyway you want your parents to take care Monday to Friday kind ah?

Later your child on Friday see you.... "hello uncle!!!"

hardwriter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
behkan TS still dare to have kids with finances like that. *clap hands

dominion23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My story is both sides fighting to take care of my son...

My wife always let her mum aka 外婆 take care whereas my mum aka 阿嬤 only see her grandson once every month and she is very sad...

My wife hate my mum, every thing my mum said or do, she buay song but everything her mum do is ok...

Really is FML...

this more cham.

your wife must be psychosed by her mom la. your wife fight for her mom, you just fight for your mom what

KuroI-Kaze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes bro same thing happen to me. In the end disowned them **** them upside down. Give birth to me doesnt means I must torlerate their shiat. Cut off all support and contact, cny birthday no need see grandson or me. Funeral also no need expect me or grandson to visit. When I saw them cry I never felt so satisfying in my whole life. Slept like a log every night since then.
:s7:

Reaction score
Haha. Tio pawned by own parents!!! Tonight your parents sleep well!!! Why their Son so easy to bluff!!!! Hahahaha!

TrollAndOgres

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I stay with my in-laws for 1 year after our marriage as our BTO flat haven't come yet.

After giving birth, I forced her to moved back to my parents place as we need my mum to look after my baby son...

Once my son hits 18 mths old and my flat ready liao, my wife die die wanna moved to our new house liao, now her mum living with us helping to look after our son and she is much more happier...I am ok with her mum too but she is very loh soh and naggy and really can non stop keep repeating same thing over and over one but my mum die die cannot stay with us...

I find men more 随便 and we don't bear grudges, anything oso can adapt but sinkie women very hard, abit wanna make noise liao, my mum always offend her unknowingly with her words last time and so until now she hated my mum...

Good luck to u bro, dealing with mum and wife can be a nightmare...
U see her mum n got complains, same as she see ur mum also got complains.

Best is dont stay together at all, cut out all conflicts. Lol

Sent from Somewhere Loh using GAGT

kakaBoBo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
me also looking for infant care for my coming to 4mth old baby.
Most of the infant care near punggol are either full or pending queue woh.
how siah ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.