HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone has a maid at home?

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2018, 06:47 PM   #16

I agree. I treat her like part of family, but a line must be drawn..
Agree, if too friendly we might be taken advantage off
randyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 10:27 PM   #17

Do you all give your helper handphone?
UrPropertyInfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 09:25 PM   #18
Master Member

Ur helper dun have Hp ?
coey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 09:31 AM   #19

Just for sharing since my family changed maids quite often:

maid X - gave wifi password. Has 4-5 hps because we restrict her hp usage to lunch and dinner only. Keep buying new phones to hide from us and use during the day. End up keep talking on the phone during chores.

maid Y - gave phone + wifi pw. Addicted to phone. Keep video-calling her family after we gave her the wifi password. Constantly glued to the phone and seldom take initiative to do chores. Mom also caught her trying out our clothes and taking selfies with them...

maid Z - no free phone no free wifi password. Best result - maid using the phone now and then and only using when she can (during her free time).
tofubean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 10:16 AM   #20
Supremacy Member

Must be from Indonesia, they usually chut this pattern one.

Thatís great. Which country is she from?
I just hire a maid and sadly 3 days into the job she say she cannot take it when baby keep crying. Ask to transfer.
Haiz..
genericperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 10:17 AM   #21
High Supremacy Member

I dont allow my maid to carry HP

Sent from Home using GAGT
invigo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:10 PM   #22

yes, our maid did a good job on maintaining the home and did everything properly. We give her free time and she can decide to do whatever she wants, including her phone to use
numbertwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 12:31 AM   #23

Is ur maid v young?

I recently hired one to take care of baby.

She’s a transf maid, transferred twice within a short period. Was skeptical initially but decided to try

Indon and speak zero English. I have to speak Bahasa to her

Pros:
- willing to take care of baby at night
- cooks well
- obedient, not rude and generally smiley
- easy going. Don’t demand to eat good food or need to have handphone etc

Cons:
- stupid (not trying to be mean but even she herself keep saying and know she is)
- slow (learn things slow, do things also slow)
- can be stubborn at times

There are a few times I’m pissed and almost wanted to send her back. But I’m thinking good maids hard to find also.. sighs

For me, I’m easy going and not fierce at all. Lol. I don’t like to scold people, so usually my mom do the scolding.

I treat her w respect and always Ensure that her basic needs are met. I frequently buy her things (food or essentials like tooth brush, clothes, undergarments etc).

She is appreciative and said she’s very happy working w me. Prob also cos her ex employers treated her quite badly and both transf her within a few months.

Last edited by ironycandy84; 13-07-2018 at 12:33 AM..
ironycandy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 12:00 AM   #24
High Supremacy Member

Is ur maid v young?

I recently hired one to take care of baby.

Sheís a transf maid, transferred twice within a short period. Was skeptical initially but decided to try

Indon and speak zero English. I have to speak Bahasa to her

Pros:
- willing to take care of baby at night
- cooks well
- obedient, not rude and generally smiley
- easy going. Donít demand to eat good food or need to have handphone etc

Cons:
- stupid (not trying to be mean but even she herself keep saying and know she is)
- slow (learn things slow, do things also slow)
- can be stubborn at times

There are a few times Iím pissed and almost wanted to send her back. But Iím thinking good maids hard to find also.. sighs

For me, Iím easy going and not fierce at all. Lol. I donít like to scold people, so usually my mom do the scolding.

I treat her w respect and always Ensure that her basic needs are met. I frequently buy her things (food or essentials like tooth brush, clothes, undergarments etc).

She is appreciative and said sheís very happy working w me. Prob also cos her ex employers treated her quite badly and both transf her within a few months.
If she is very clever and score well in exam, do you think she will work as maid for you ?
gizmo666 likes this.
Old 16-07-2018, 03:04 PM   #25

For those who think that life as a maid is easy to take care of a baby, you try this yourself for 3 days.

Do continuous housework at home from the moment you wake up, baby cry, you stop and take care of baby, baby awake, you can't do much work, then need to cook for family and take care of baby. So tired liao, at night still need to look after baby and wake up now and then...

Walk in their shoe and you will appreciate how hard it is...
gizmo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 08:26 PM   #26

I recently hired maid 2 months ago to take care of my baby after I go back to work. Baby now is 4 months old.

No big complaints so far only she has her way of take care of baby. Always want to carry my baby and say she very scared the baby cry so she neglects almost all her other duty just to sit and watch the baby.

When I hired her, I did not expect her to do housework because I know taking care of baby is very tiring.

Only one thing is you must be strict from the beginning. There was one time she didn't wash milk bottle at night, I woke her up from her sleep and told her off. Another time she forgot to throw diaper away and I also told her off.
Sharonyap2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 09:43 PM   #27

ish a hit and miss thing.

my experience can fill an entire page... so I would just leave it to rest
Old 16-07-2018, 09:46 PM   #28

Same mindset with my relative case. No off days(due to nature of my aunt and uncle's career) and no hp to restrict them from getting in contact with outside bad influences. So far so good. Must be new maids though. Previous one contract was up hence just changed a new one. Close to zero English as well and had to speak bahasa too. A bit cruel imo to limit no hp no off days but at least they give her to call home using house phone.

Just for sharing since my family changed maids quite often:

maid X - gave wifi password. Has 4-5 hps because we restrict her hp usage to lunch and dinner only. Keep buying new phones to hide from us and use during the day. End up keep talking on the phone during chores.

maid Y - gave phone + wifi pw. Addicted to phone. Keep video-calling her family after we gave her the wifi password. Constantly glued to the phone and seldom take initiative to do chores. Mom also caught her trying out our clothes and taking selfies with them...

maid Z - no free phone no free wifi password. Best result - maid using the phone now and then and only using when she can (during her free time).
Chae Yeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2018, 09:45 PM   #29

Info

What is one of the few agency to go to?
RyanTanTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 08:05 PM   #30

Smile

How about Netmaid? Try it
pdsubraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.