HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone has a maid at home?

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2019, 08:35 AM   #76

That’s true.... you can claim
She didn’t tell u

Ya by right cannot. But lets say i as employer dont inform MOM, and let her finish her contract in Nov and go back, nobody will know right?
andytantravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 07:14 PM   #77

Yah.... better let her finish her contract if she wants
Old 04-07-2019, 01:36 PM   #78
Arch-Supremacy Member

Have you confirmed already if the baby is yours?
Bumblebee Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:02 PM   #79

My current one is Myanmar, she is hard-working but sometimes stubborn. She treats my daughter well, but a bit over, she trends to train her like her own baby, always threaten my daughter if she doesn't listen to her, she will go back Myanmar....
Rayan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:58 PM   #80

My indo helper from Eden Grace agency also wanna go back cos miss family, her sister also going back indo. Think young helpers like them quite common, heard a few stories
xorionn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 10:59 PM   #81

Bumping thread.

In the midst of hiring a helper, so the more info the better.

The general consensus is it's better to get helpers who are already married and with kids, rather than someone who is single?
wleung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 08:42 AM   #82
High Supremacy Member

Bumping thread.

In the midst of hiring a helper, so the more info the better.

The general consensus is it's better to get helpers who are already married and with kids, rather than someone who is single?
there is always pros and cons..

got family:

miss their kids, miss their husband konek.

singles:

some don't have the love for kids, ****y itchy, lack of love.
Mclairs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 08:38 PM   #83
Banned

there is always pros and cons..

got family:

miss their kids, miss their husband konek.

singles:

some don't have the love for kids, ****y itchy, lack of love.
I always get married ones with kids, far more mature and responsible and less wayward.

The single ones that I have hired never last long and always give me a lot of problems....coincidentslly both were Myanmese....
mummy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 10:33 PM   #84

I always get married ones with kids, far more mature and responsible and less wayward.

The single ones that I have hired never last long and always give me a lot of problems....coincidentslly both were Myanmese....
My helper is Malaysian from Johor. I give her offdays every 2 weeks on weekend. I believe Malaysian Chinese better choice to take care of children. Some of them can cook really well.

I heard too much horror stories from my friends and ask my confinement nanny for recommendations. The pay is $1600 SGD a month if anyone wondering. Might be twice expensive as an indo one but at least peace of mind at home
lampPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 11:38 PM   #85
Banned

My helper is Malaysian from Johor. I give her offdays every 2 weeks on weekend. I believe Malaysian Chinese better choice to take care of children. Some of them can cook really well.

I heard too much horror stories from my friends and ask my confinement nanny for recommendations. The pay is $1600 SGD a month if anyone wondering. Might be twice expensive as an indo one but at least peace of mind at home
Good to hear that there r employers willing to pay for good reliable helpers from Malaysia....kudos to u....

I am still using Pinoy helpers...current one S$580 with each Sunday off...ex Middle East with 4 kids and a sad marital hx....but good worker and good attitude...cooking slowly improving....

I am also not a fussy employer, as long as no attitude problem and keeps house generally clean, honest and can click, should be ok....

But handphone is an issue....cause most expect to use it daily after work but my hubby very strict, says only on offdays....and made her sign against it....

I think importantly is kindness and understanding on employer's part...if employer is kind and understanding, maid likes u and u like maid, should be no problems....

Last edited by mummy1234; 19-09-2019 at 11:46 PM..
Old 19-09-2019, 11:54 PM   #86
Banned

Food must give, they also humans, they come to work is cos they no choice.. who dun wan to be at own home shake leg...

treat them as family, auntie or friend.
Mine is older den me.

Let them know your lifestyle, sometimes close 1 eye..
I eat what, they eat what...
*Before you eat, take a portion for her, NOT ASK HER eat left-over.

Once a while, call home ask her if she need supper, if wife go out, bring her go shopping, walk walk.. den get back b4 the kids get home..

Treating them good also hv to see if its worth it or not. some are knn also..
I have 1 b4, can like eat till no tomorrow..come SG like sightseeing..
I find taking a portion for them before I eat very tiring after some time, I keep asking them to take but they paiseh...sigh...like have to serve them everytime....

My current one who is new eats a lot of our leftovers but she says she doesn't mind as in Middle East also like that? And she doesn't want to waste food.....but I keep chiding her and telling her not to do that but to take a portion of what she cooks for us...sometimes I tske for her but I can't be taking for her all the time right? My prev maid of 4 years not like that...will do as I say and not feel paiseh...
Old 26-09-2019, 02:46 PM   #87

MAID ANNUAL LEAVE

My current maid have completed her 2 years contract and I plan to renew her for another 2 years.

If renew her for another 2 years, is it they are entitled to yearly paid home leave ?

Last edited by berry22; 26-09-2019 at 02:53 PM..
berry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 02:50 PM   #88

hi, this is the first time i am hiring maid and would like to consult everyone here. Is it upon completion of their 2 years contract, maids are entitled to yearly home paid leave ?

please advise. thank you.
berry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 06:55 AM   #89

hi, this is the first time i am hiring maid and would like to consult everyone here. Is it upon completion of their 2 years contract, maids are entitled to yearly home paid leave ?

please advise. thank you.
Depends on what is on your contract with your fdw. Some agent stated that on the contract. Some employers give that out of goodwill or as bonus for good performance. And home leave is for recontract. Otherwise, it’s just a one way ticket sending your fdw home. You have to read the t&c on your contract carefully.
Twinky41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 11:23 AM   #90

yes, I do, have been with her for over 9 years and she has been not only a great help to my family but she has became a part of us too
jasperbln is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.