HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone has a maid at home?

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2020, 06:40 PM   #91

Helpers in households with new born babies

Hi friends with babies or kids, do you allow your helpers to take care of your babies when they wake up at night? Or do you guys do that yourself? Just wondering if I should let my helper sleep in the baby room. Does tending to your baby in the middle of the night really help with bonding with the child??

Anyway side note. Anyone got a electricity retailer to recommend for a home with 3 adults and 1 baby?? Our consumption is gonna increase by alot i feel. Am considering Senoko Energy's CNY promo.
calebchoo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2020, 09:08 PM   #92
Great Supremacy Member

Hi, #1 4yo and #2 2yo.

We ownself tc.
Helper more to household chores, sanitize etc

Using iswitch, let me know and can share code w u.
Win2 situation.
Leave No Men Behind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 03:56 PM   #93

I think I need a new FDW helper to replace the current Indo one (transfer-hire) at home.

Requirements?

Take care of female elder with slight disability which includes:

1. Toileting and bathing - need to help her to the toilet to do her business and cleaning her after that. Showering and applying lotions. Ensuring safety in the toilet and washing of toilet.

2. Walking and exercising - need to make sure she doesn’t fall or injury herself.

3. Ferrying to medical appointments and taking medication.

The above three are primary duties.

4. Housework. Not much. Vacuuming, mopping and washing mainly living room, own/shared room and common toilet. Other areas, not required. Washing machine for clothes together. Clean windows once in a while. Certain cleaning, I will help from time to time.

5. Cooking? Depends. Prefer no dietary restrictions. Go food centre to eat together or tabao back. Must take note of what elder can or cannot eat.

The usuals as follow.

6. No mobile phone usage restriction. Use your own data plan, no free WiFi. However, remember duty No. 2.

7. 6:30am - 9:30pm. Not much or nothing to do after lunch if the elder doesn’t want to exercise. Can watch TV together with elder. Sundays off.

8. Don’t borrow money. Must be honest.

9. Understand English and speak it.

Where to find one in the range of $500 - $600? Paying the current annoying one way more and making me miserable with her cooking.

Wonder how much it will cost again? Blew 2K for the current one in agency and miscellaneous fees.

Sorry for posting in this parenting section but looking after elders can be the same. Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks!

Last edited by alphau; 25-03-2020 at 04:02 PM..
alphau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 04:29 PM   #94

Hi all, does anyone has any recommendation for a good ethical maid agency? Will need the maid to take care of infant.
leogohcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2020, 10:45 AM   #95

The FDW helper I have is at the 2-year mark and time for check-up with X-ray required.

Search online and found most clinics do not have one-stop checkup.

Which clinic can do everything required? 6-month ones I always used D.A. home service.
Old 30-03-2020, 11:03 PM   #96
High Supremacy Member

No FDWs at home.

Household chores all automated, I've got my own home surveillance monitoring all automated, cooking wise I can whip up a meal in 15mins or I can set timing to the cooker and automate it. Child in childcare whole day.

[SIZE="3"][I][B][FONT="Century Gothic"]No matter how carefully you choose your words, they'll always end up getting twisted by others.[/FONT][/B][/I][/SIZE]
BrOwnTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:21 AM   #97

If I have a choice, I wouldnít hire an FDW helper.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:27 AM   #98

If I have a choice, I wouldnít hire an FDW helper.
Not easy to take care of old folks ya. Bathe, clean & cook.
rosesr300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 01:40 AM   #99

Maybe you want to consider regular house cleaning?

https://www.cleanworthy.com/home-cle...ular-cleaning/
CleanWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 02:11 AM   #100

Our Services for your consideration:

Sofa Cleaning Service
Mattress Cleaning
BBQ Cleaning
Kitchen Hood Cleaning
Oven Cleaning

Last edited by CleanWorthy; 02-04-2020 at 02:16 AM..
CleanWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:38 AM   #101

Yeah, would that make the baby a Sgpn?
lol.No......
Needmysleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2020, 12:28 PM   #102
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi friends with babies or kids, do you allow your helpers to take care of your babies when they wake up at night? Or do you guys do that yourself? Just wondering if I should let my helper sleep in the baby room. Does tending to your baby in the middle of the night really help with bonding with the child??

Anyway side note. Anyone got a electricity retailer to recommend for a home with 3 adults and 1 baby?? Our consumption is gonna increase by alot i feel. Am considering Senoko Energy's CNY promo.

Let me share my personal views on this.

Helper is to help us with chores, so that our time is freed up to take care of interact with our kids.

I got 3 kids. I take care of all 3 of them myself at night. Even when they are sick, I also takes care of them myself and still got to work the next day. Yes, any time we spent with our kids will have some bonding.

But my helper dote on my 3 kids and she is very automatic in her household chores etc. She does the household chores like clock work. She even fold our clothes nicely.

I gave her full 24hrs home wifi access. She can use her hp anytime she wants. She can take naps in the afternoon also if she wants.

Basically, everything in the house that should be done, she did on a daily basis and did them well. So I don't restrict her use of hp. Eg. She can be doing video call back home while folding clothes in the afternoon.

Like some had said, I am lucky to get a good helper.
Old 13-04-2020, 12:34 PM   #103
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think I need a new FDW helper to replace the current Indo one (transfer-hire) at home.

Requirements?

1. Toileting and bathing - need to help her to the toilet to do her business and cleaning her after that. Showering and applying lotions. Ensuring safety in the toilet and washing of toilet.

2. Walking and exercising - need to make sure she doesnít fall or injury herself.

4. Housework. Not much. Vacuuming, mopping and washing mainly living room, own/shared room and common toilet. Other areas, not required. Washing machine for clothes together. Clean windows once in a while. Certain cleaning, I will help from time to time.

5. Cooking? Depends. Prefer no dietary restrictions. Go food centre to eat together or tabao back. Must take note of what elder can or cannot eat.

The usuals as follow.

6. No mobile phone usage restriction. Use your own data plan, no free WiFi. However, remember duty No. 2.

7. 6:30am - 9:30pm. Not much or nothing to do after lunch if the elder doesnít want to exercise. Can watch TV together with elder. Sundays off.

8. Donít borrow money. Must be honest.

Where to find one in the range of $500 - $600? Paying the current annoying one way more and making me miserable with her cooking.

Wonder how much it will cost again? Blew 2K for the current one in agency and miscellaneous fees.

Sorry for posting in this parenting section but looking after elders can be the same. Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks!

When coming to treating our helper, remember that they are like us. Have feelings, have family, etc.

So instead of restricting this and that, tell her that you trust that she will do the required task well.

Personally, I feel that usage of hp and wifi connectivity at home are basic essentials for any humans, including us.

How would we feel if our boss say : You cannot check Facebook, or use WhatsApp to chat with your friends during office hours? How would we feel if our employer ask us to work but ask us to buy our own notebook, use our own data?

Just like us, if our employer gives us freedom, we abused it and they give us warning. We didn't improve but continue, then they will restrict.

This is my personal view lah. Cheers.

Last edited by i1magic; 13-04-2020 at 11:18 PM..
i1magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2020, 03:50 PM   #104
Arch-Supremacy Member

Requirements?

2. Walking and exercising - need to make sure she doesnít fall or injury herself.

The usuals as follow.

7. 6:30am - 9:30pm. Not much or nothing to do after lunch if the elder doesnít want to exercise. Can watch TV together with elder. Sundays off.

8. Donít borrow money. Must be honest.

$500 is too cheap. Look for one with nursing background and pay more.
Old 14-04-2020, 03:45 PM   #105

When coming to treating our helper, remember that they are like us. Have feelings, have family, etc.

So instead of restricting this and that, tell her that you trust that she will do the required task well.

Personally, I feel that usage of hp and wifi connectivity at home are basic essentials for any humans, including us.

How would we feel if our boss say : You cannot check Facebook, or use WhatsApp to chat with your friends during office hours? How would we feel if our employer ask us to work but ask us to buy our own notebook, use our own data?

Just like us, if our employer gives us freedom, we abused it and they give us warning. We didn't improve but continue, then they will restrict.

This is my personal view lah. Cheers.
If only you read my post properly. One, the helper has a job to do like any employee. Two, Iím overpaying the helper.

$500 is too cheap. Look for one with nursing background and pay more.
I donít really need a helper with nursing background. I know Iím overpaying the current one and super inconvenient my family. No, I wasnít the one who made the decision or choice which added to my headache and wallet.

As to how I treat the helper, I tell her if she feels she is being mistreated, she can approach her agency or MOM for help. In simple words, I treat the helper like any normal human being I come across.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.