Child Care - Private or Govt

zzzzzz87

Reaction score
Nowadays how do u all choose a centre since most centres do not allow parents to visit anymore due to covid?

For those without cars or e-scooter, how do you all send and fetch your kids (more than one)? Walk? Stroller? If rainy day, how? How far is the centre away from you?

I’m deciding between two centres. One is 450m away by walking. One is 900m by walking. But the 900m one can walk under hdb blocks if raining (then it will be 1+km walk instead).

Not sure which school to enrol my children (playgroup and infant care). Hesitant between the two.

natas

Reaction score
Not sure which school to enrol my children (playgroup and infant care). Hesitant between the two.

U can still send and fetch your kid.... what other visit will u need?

The 1 which is more convenient and whether there is an available place for your kid. My 1st child skipped N1 because there is no place in all childcares near my house.

mickey88

Master Member
Reaction score
Nowadays how do u all choose a centre since most centres do not allow parents to visit anymore due to covid?

For those without cars or e-scooter, how do you all send and fetch your kids (more than one)? Walk? Stroller? If rainy day, how? How far is the centre away from you?

I’m deciding between two centres. One is 450m away by walking. One is 900m by walking. But the 900m one can walk under hdb blocks if raining (then it will be 1+km walk instead).

tat y u need to understand wat u looking for..some dun mind pay alot for atas so hv better teacher etc..some will choose nearby near their house so fetch to n fro is easily especially if u hv two kids.. FSK first three day for new kids will allow parents to tag along for half day n then bring bck home.

pills

Master Member
Reaction score
One good indicator is the turnover rate of teachers in the cc. If the teachers are happy there, they usually will not switch jobs so often.

I send my kids to a heavily subsidised one and they're thriving there. The money I saved is used for whatever enrichment classes my kids want and need.

stanley81ng

Reaction score
I am Pro Private

i have 2 kids currently in a private childcare center.

first and foremost, i did not go go those branded high price childcare center.

the school fees is just slightly more expensive than my first skool.

what i like about the school is that they focus more on academic studies

for example, they give them chinese and english spelling in thier K1 and K2, this will help them adapt better in theiir P1 (and my understanding is that my first skool don't give spelling to thier kids).

i think in the end of the day i look at
1) whethter the teachers are caring to my children and
2) they actually teach useful knowledge to my children

for this, it is a bit of gut feel and asking the teachers about their curriculum before chosing the school.

Hope this helps :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.