HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Fathers, is a good primary school really that important for your child?

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2019, 09:51 PM   #196
Supremacy Member

The school you go to is important because it determines your child's peer group. Go to a good school, the children are mostly from good families, better peer influence that shape your child's thinking and development.

In fact nowadays it starts from kindergarten. What kind of social group your child is exposed and immersed in is important.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 using GAGT
Chanterelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #197

I'll rather send my kid to the nearest school so that she can come back home early.
That way I can spend more time with my kid.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." - Albert Einstein -
Exactly. And I strongly believe that academic is not everything, soft skills are just as important. I believe people are generally more well educated these days and they have to ability to impact life skills and knowledge to their children as well. You don't just depend on the schools.
vi3ir4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 07:57 PM   #198

Thumbs up

The school you go to is important because it determines your child's peer group. Go to a good school, the children are mostly from good families, better peer influence that shape your child's thinking and development.

In fact nowadays it starts from kindergarten. What kind of social group your child is exposed and immersed in is important.

Well said,..
pdsubraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 08:41 PM   #199
High Supremacy Member

Think its more practical for secondary onward. Primary and below not so much.

Doubt many still remember or have friends from primary and below years later. Many still playful stage then and tend go separate ways, different schools after that. Thus, can hardly meet and maintain the relationship also.

Not to mention, primary and below many still not very independent yet, still need people fetch, would not spend much time outside of school with friends develop friendship and bonding, unless the parent willing to spend time and effort fetch them to and fro to meet and maintain such.

Many who do play with friends after school tend to be people from their own neighbourhood, where they meet easily and the parent are more willing to give them some leeway on their own near their house.

Thus think its more practical to choose near house one for primary and below. When they get to secondary, they are more independent, able to travel and go to school on their own, then can be more selective to choose more elite school (provided the child themselves is good enough to get in).
vi3ir4 likes this.
Old 17-01-2019, 02:24 PM   #200

Think its more practical for secondary onward. Primary and below not so much.

Doubt many still remember or have friends from primary and below years later. Many still playful stage then and tend go separate ways, different schools after that. Thus, can hardly meet and maintain the relationship also.

Not to mention, primary and below many still not very independent yet, still need people fetch, would not spend much time outside of school with friends develop friendship and bonding, unless the parent willing to spend time and effort fetch them to and fro to meet and maintain such.

Many who do play with friends after school tend to be people from their own neighbourhood, where they meet easily and the parent are more willing to give them some leeway on their own near their house.

Thus think its more practical to choose near house one for primary and below. When they get to secondary, they are more independent, able to travel and go to school on their own, then can be more selective to choose more elite school (provided the child themselves is good enough to get in).
With you!!
Old 21-01-2019, 09:50 PM   #201

It's very important.
My 2 nieces went to 2 different primary schools, one to a very good neighborhood school and another one to just average.
Both of them are in so called top classes and every year, they get Edusave Awards for being top 10% of cohort in their schools.
I thought they are around same standard, academically.
I got a shock when they got their PSLE results.
The one from good school scored 256 where as average school one got 233.
At the school level, there are 70+ students who scored >250 at good school and only 11 students scored >230 at average school according school's presentations.
mkaung2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM   #202

I think very important also - it’s the time kids develop social skills and form their preference for subjects
aaronlimsinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.