I threaten to fire my helper

pdsubbu

Reaction score
1st time that had happened or many times?
Rather than be specific, you may want to consider telling your helper everytime your daughter is awake in the room, the lights should be on.
You likely do not want an incident related to lighting.

Neglecting the duty is always a crime. but for the first time, a general warning is fine. not for the next time.

uniquely_ad

Reaction score
What an idiot of a parent you are! It’s your own child you should be be responsible of it! Nowadays parents all outsource their child responsibilities to maid while paying peanuts.

lalahehehohohaha

Reaction score
sometimes dopamine from phone makes you happy when u know what is happening on the screen. it makes u mad when u don't. :D

kids need to understand that they shouldn't do it again if they're told off with a reasonable explanation. It destroys a timely learning experience when u let them see 'maid will take the blame' when kid does smth wrong.

This is the internet. This is a place where ppl let loose abit. Please don't mind me and try to filter out anything that tends to be taken too personally. I thank you for you kind understanding.

vjolie

Reaction score
In the early morning, I entered my daughter’s bedroom only to find the 6-year-old reading a story book in the darkness of the room, while my helper was playing her mobile phone, totally unaware of ignorant of what my daughter was doing.

It was not the first time that I caught my helper neglecting her duty of caring for my kid. I was only a bit annoyed in the past. But this time I got really angry and yelled at them both: why don’t you turn on the light? Don’t you know reading in darkness is harmful to your eyesight!

Then I turned to my helper, threatening her: Next time if you don’t stop my kid from reading when it is dark, I will fire you.

The helper has been with us for four years. Am I too harsh on her? I know I was in a fury and lost my temper at that time.
Maybe it is just a bad day for you, hence the flare-up. i think more imptly, u shld say sorry to your helper for the outburst so that there is no pent up anger from both sides...

Lordness

Reaction score
In the early morning, I entered my daughter’s bedroom only to find the 6-year-old reading a story book in the darkness of the room, while my helper was playing her mobile phone, totally unaware of ignorant of what my daughter was doing.

It was not the first time that I caught my helper neglecting her duty of caring for my kid. I was only a bit annoyed in the past. But this time I got really angry and yelled at them both: why don’t you turn on the light? Don’t you know reading in darkness is harmful to your eyesight!

Then I turned to my helper, threatening her: Next time if you don’t stop my kid from reading when it is dark, I will fire you.

The helper has been with us for four years. Am I too harsh on her? I know I was in a fury and lost my temper at that time.
Anything you do, remember that your kid is watching and learning. Find a appropriate time to apologize to the helper for flaring up. Also, tell her your expectations and ask whether she is able to cope.

ps: 6 years old is old enough to on the lights and not depend on the helper already. Teach your kid to be more independent and not depend on the helper.

hope_n_pray

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Helpers job should always be to take care of household chores. Caring for the kid should still be left to the parents.

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slavery already still want this and that .
Mom should restrict the job scope for maid more and increase thier salary to at least $1100 a month
$700 a month is total slavery

Needmysleep

Reaction score
The level of entitlement is high in the OP . What if your employer threatened to fire you if you were caught surfing the web :s13: ( Im assuming that you are an employee ) .

b3rkowitz

Reaction score
Maybe consider limiting the use of internet during 'working hours' that you have stipulated, for e.g. 8am-9pm

mp4005 help

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first as a Human being with some common sense,

google and research

Reading in low light strains the eyes. But it doesn't really lead to poor eyesight contrary to popular belief.

the wonders of the internet but people don't know how to research , read up and not trust what people have told you in the past.

alochong19

Reaction score
If I am OP's husband , i will tell her off in private for yelling/threatening at helper in front of the daughter. I don't want my daughter to learn that. I don't want my future children if any to turn out to be a self-entitled people. I have seen many and tired of dealing with them.

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if your fdw can stay and finish her 2 years contract with you, give urself a pat in the back.

the quality of domestic helpers are getting from bad to worst, they are not trained for basic house hold chores and i m not sure if they are here to make money for their family or here for fun.

ronaldgohandstop

Reaction score
I think quality getting worse because their pay isn’t getting any better whilst their countries getting more expensive

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.