HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

I threaten to fire my helper

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2018, 09:32 AM   #1

I threaten to fire my helper

In the early morning, I entered my daughter’s bedroom only to find the 6-year-old reading a story book in the darkness of the room, while my helper was playing her mobile phone, totally unaware of ignorant of what my daughter was doing.

It was not the first time that I caught my helper neglecting her duty of caring for my kid. I was only a bit annoyed in the past. But this time I got really angry and yelled at them both: why don’t you turn on the light? Don’t you know reading in darkness is harmful to your eyesight!

Then I turned to my helper, threatening her: Next time if you don’t stop my kid from reading when it is dark, I will fire you.

The helper has been with us for four years. Am I too harsh on her? I know I was in a fury and lost my temper at that time.
Victoria2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #2

I think maybe a bit harsh lah - hard to keep track of kids 24-7
Old 16-11-2018, 11:19 AM   #3

But she is wide awake at that time. I can forgive her if she is half awake

I think maybe a bit harsh lah - hard to keep track of kids 24-7
Victoria2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
Master Member

But she is wide awake at that time. I can forgive her if she is half awake
i think telling her what you expect is more important than just yelling at her.
yelling wont solve anything - just to vent your anger and frustration which actually does little good.

Educate her on the harmful effects of reading in the dark and what you would like her to do e.g turn on the lights to read. If the problem persists, you have the right to be angry and take further actions.
thegardens3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 05:51 AM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

In the early morning, I entered my daughter’s bedroom only to find the 6-year-old reading a story book in the darkness of the room, while my helper was playing her mobile phone, totally unaware of ignorant of what my daughter was doing.

It was not the first time that I caught my helper neglecting her duty of caring for my kid. I was only a bit annoyed in the past. But this time I got really angry and yelled at them both: why don’t you turn on the light? Don’t you know reading in darkness is harmful to your eyesight!

Then I turned to my helper, threatening her: Next time if you don’t stop my kid from reading when it is dark, I will fire you.

The helper has been with us for four years. Am I too harsh on her? I know I was in a fury and lost my temper at that time.
Well, nobody will care for your daughter better than you as a mother.

Did you turn to your helper threatening to fire her in front of your daughter? Next time your daughter will learn to threaten the helper the same way you did...

Posted from PCWX using A mobile device.
zensushi and DualForm like this.
eflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 12:05 PM   #6
Master Member

"neglecting her duty of caring for my daughter."

IMHO the maid is to help with house chores so the parent can.....parent.
Chevalier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #7
Master Member

In the early morning, I entered my daughterís bedroom only to find the 6-year-old reading a story book in the darkness of the room, while my helper was playing her mobile phone, totally unaware of ignorant of what my daughter was doing.

It was not the first time that I caught my helper neglecting her duty of caring for my kid. I was only a bit annoyed in the past. But this time I got really angry and yelled at them both: why donít you turn on the light? Donít you know reading in darkness is harmful to your eyesight!

Then I turned to my helper, threatening her: Next time if you donít stop my kid from reading when it is dark, I will fire you.

do you fire yourself as a mom if you were busy using your phone and accidentally your kid took a book and take a glance at it in her room while in the dark?

of course its too harsh. Treat people with respect. you dont own them as a human being.

speak nicely like how you want people to speak to u at. that is basic human courtesy.
Old 22-11-2018, 09:53 PM   #8
Master Member

Your daughter 6 years old already dunno how to turn on the lights herself??

I think the problem is your daughter
DualForm likes this.
PeachVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2018, 12:10 AM   #9
Supremacy Member

wah liddat every move or action of your daughter when is not up to your standard, and so happen your helper checking phone, must kana from you.

This kind of job how to do, wrong i sure tio, if correct is normal.

Pls dont judge me, judge my action, step yourself away from this situation and see thru a different lens.
Old 24-11-2018, 01:28 PM   #10

Your daughter 6 years old already dunno how to turn on the lights herself??

I think the problem is your daughter
Yes, you should be training your daughter to be responsible, rather than blame the helper. Six years old should be able to take some responsibilities.

My hubby, a gown man, also likes to browse his phone in the darkness while taking a cab at night. I always have to nag at him to stop.
Taloona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

That's the problem with society these days - parents outsourcing their roles to a maid. And then blaming everyone but themselves when their own kids mess up.
Yammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 08:24 PM   #12
Master Member

Hire helper to look after child is like this because your child is not theirs. Helper may be also tired after a day at work too..
drpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #13

You are the parent. Not The Maid.
Wonder84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 09:26 PM   #14
Supremacy Member

I think scolding helps... if she don't take you seriously... scold louder and bang something, then she will be afraid of you.

Always instill fear~, works in the army, works at home too~
Old 27-12-2018, 11:14 PM   #15

I think scolding helps... if she don't take you seriously... scold louder and bang something, then she will be afraid of you.

Always instill fear~, works in the army, works at home too~
You forgot about using the cane... works as part of our law, works at home too...
Kyo_kusanagi86 likes this.
SibehHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.