Infant Care - advice needed

playground

Reaction score
Need some advice. Due to a change in circumstance, I now have to send my baby girl to infant care. She is almost 10months old.

I am looking around at infant care centres near my house and scheduling some visits this week.

Some questions:

> What is a good teacher to child ratio? Is 1:3 ok?
> Is CCTV common?
> Am worried that baby will fall sick often as she'll be around other people / babies who might be sick. What to look out for in terms of hygiene?
> What are some good questions I should ask during the tour?
> Separation anxiety - anyone experienced this? Do I need to set aside some leave to make sure my baby settles well there?

Thanks in advance :s12:

Memphi5

Reaction score
1 to 3 is pretty decent. All full time?

CCTV not to be taken for granted

Baby WILL fall sick often bcos their immunity system is still developing. Nothing much u can do abt it.

How they handle the baby, food, sleep and monitoring of the baby's health, hygiene of the centre, qualification of the teachers...

Advise you to set aside at least 1 week to put the baby there for half day in the first week instead of full day to let the baby get accustomed to the environment

Arcanell

Reaction score
Need some advice. Due to a change in circumstance, I now have to send my baby girl to infant care. She is almost 10months old.

I am looking around at infant care centres near my house and scheduling some visits this week.

Some questions:

that's a very good ratio
> Is CCTV common?
common in pre school. of course you can't view it
> Am worried that baby will fall sick often as she'll be around other people / babies who might be sick. What to look out for in terms of hygiene?
it is part and parcel of growing up. During the school tour, you may take a look at the surrounding and take note of the cleanliness. You can't control the hygiene of the school but you can choose a clean and safe one. Start taking some vits and practice good hygiene at home.
When do you sterlise the toys/room?
Do you do health check every morning?
Meals menu or can give breast milk? (some school have their own kitchen and chef)
What is the timetable like?

> Separation anxiety - anyone experienced this? Do I need to set aside some leave to make sure my baby settles well there?
Maybe a few days for a start. Some babies may cry when they see you 'leave her behind'

basically, in infant care, babies don't learn much besides eating and sleeping. But is good for them to interact with other babies..

themuk

Reaction score

Some questions:

> Is CCTV common?

Should be ok
> Is CCTV common?
Not that I know of. actually not really needed.
Not much choice. But treat it as to build up the immune system. Too clean also not good.
Maybe the experience of the teachers.
Don't think need. When my first child went childcare (18mths), we too full day leave. Only to stay at home and waited till evening then pick him up.

kannis_ng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 to 3 is pretty decent. All full time?

CCTV not to be taken for granted

Baby WILL fall sick often bcos their immunity system is still developing. Nothing much u can do abt it.

How they handle the baby, food, sleep and monitoring of the baby's health, hygiene of the centre, qualification of the teachers...

Advise you to set aside at least 1 week to put the baby there for half day in the first week instead of full day to let the baby get accustomed to the environment

all low wage workers

one kindft

pdsubbu

Reaction score
Teacher to child ratio?

Teacher to child ratio matters here!

The rest can be security and hygene!

JakiBOii

Reaction score

Some questions:

> Is CCTV common?

Hygiene and safety. Check if the place is well child-proofed, no edges, tables aren't so pointy, ideally, there should be lots of foams around. and cleanliness.

CCTV is not only common, it's also a must :)

Playmates is good. It will help develop your baby's social skills. 1:3 is perfect.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.