Milk powder

mickey88

Master Member
Reaction score
isnt it risky, considering how QC varies across the casueway

Depend on which brand u buying..if u buy friso then it is imported from holland but oni repackage in different countries to their language. Similar to singapore friso. No regret..buying in malacca per tin as compare to buying in sg can help me save almost sgd20

canopus88

Reaction score
How is NTUC gold formula milk stage 1. Made a comparison against Enfamil stage 1 and the Dha is higher than enfamil (whilst lose out Ara) but at half the price. Any feedback?

egnaro911

Reaction score
How is NTUC gold formula milk stage 1. Made a comparison against Enfamil stage 1 and the Dha is higher than enfamil (whilst lose out Ara) but at half the price. Any feedback?

I cant tell what is the diff with giving other "branded" formula comparing to NTUC gold as my son is too young to tell me.

I give my coming to 4 months old son Australian Own Diamond stage 1 and BM, so far no issue on his poop or any thing.

So can I conclude no issue for my boy on Australian Own formula, btw it is reasonable price at only $35 for 900gm, some more it stage 1

canopus88

Reaction score
I cant tell what is the diff with giving other "branded" formula comparing to NTUC gold as my son is too young to tell me.

I give my coming to 4 months old son Australian Own Diamond stage 1 and BM, so far no issue on his poop or any thing.

So can I conclude no issue for my boy on Australian Own formula, btw it is reasonable price at only $35 for 900gm, some more it stage 1
I compare Australia own diary versus NTuC Gold and thought the latter has higher dha plus cheaper.

Reaction score
back then we used Nan Gold Pro-HA our kids grew quite fast with it I think is high calories.
our youngest then changed to goat milk and the elder 2 also changed to goat milk they like it. so far growing up well,not much illness.

egnaro911

Reaction score
I compare Australia own diary versus NTuC Gold and thought the latter has higher dha plus cheaper.

It hard enough for me to convince my wife to use Australian Own diamond, I think it will be harder for me to consider NTUC gold... I would love to try that actually~

canopus88

Reaction score
It hard enough for me to convince my wife to use Australian Own diamond, I think it will be harder for me to consider NTUC gold... I would love to try that actually~
Haha I actually mix it with enfamil stage 1. Baby seems ok and no issue thus far. Currently using 50:50 ratio until fully transit to ntuc gold. In fact the nutrient do not lose out to enfamil and has in fact highest DHA.

$29 versus $59.90 .. no need to think too hard.

Henryspeakyourmind

Reaction score
Husband - price is the concern.
Wife- wants the best for the child.

Solution? Science the way out. Do a excel spreadsheet, compared the milk.

DHA is not a important ingredient in a child development. In fact other acids, vitamins, iron are more important. You can introduce DHA once ur kid starts solid with fish oil. It's better absorbed than fortified DHA.

All milk are fortified with vitamins, etc. Thus weighing the brands, region, nutritional can better indicate which is a better choice over price.

Alot of manufacturers now all focus on DHA and reduces the calcium, iron, vitamins on the milk to suit consumers needs. Back in olden days, westerns gave fresh milk and in Singapore dumex (fortified milk) powder was given. You can't buy the old dumex product anymore. One serving boasts high amount of calcium which is now hard to find in all baby milk.

After balancing the nutrients, you will see most of the gold standard milk are all on par. Then country of origin will give you a better idea to choose next. You have Africa, UK, USA, Australia, India, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand. Singapore is Abbott and everything comes in a bag dehydrated and mixed in a expensive plant in tuas. It's almost the same for all other makers except the ingredients transportation period. My personal choice will be aus and NZ.

In UK, Africa, if their local produce fall short, they will procure from Australia and New Zealand.

Also you can taste the milk yourself. I am 100% that milk from aus/nz tastes better than other region. also some manufacturers do not state their milk product origin..why?they procure the cheapest base on market.

Haha I actually mix it with enfamil stage 1. Baby seems ok and no issue thus far. Currently using 50:50 ratio until fully transit to ntuc gold. In fact the nutrient do not lose out to enfamil and has in fact highest DHA.

$29 versus $59.90 .. no need to think too hard.

koktsing

Reaction score
if price is concerned, can go for those Chinese medical store in JB if you are driving.
However, do note that certain brand the formula used could be different than SG.

If not, can go for Chinese medical store in SG i guess.

themuk

Reaction score
We bought from Watsons, works out to be cheaper if you are an elite member. Used to buy from those chinese medical shops but does not work out to be cheaper.

jamietehc

Reaction score
Yes - the milk powder is VERY expensive. I wonder what woman did years ago when no breast milk AND no powder!?

maisondesarah

Reaction score
isnt it risky, considering how QC varies across the casueway
My in-laws buy Similac powder in JB for my baby. Some are Similac made in Spain then repackaged in MY, some are made in SG and meant for distribution in MY.

My baby doesn't seem to mind the taste of either version. No digestive issues and they are a lot cheaper than in SG :)

PS: Malaysia has no Stage 2 Similac (6-12 months, which is more nutrient dense)

sellun

Reaction score
My in-laws buy Similac powder in JB for my baby. Some are Similac made in Spain then repackaged in MY, some are made in SG and meant for distribution in MY.

My baby doesn't seem to mind the taste of either version. No digestive issues and they are a lot cheaper than in SG :)

PS: Malaysia has no Stage 2 Similac (6-12 months, which is more nutrient dense)
Oh how much cheaper? I'm using stage 3

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.