HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Mindchamps vs Myfirstskool

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2020, 10:11 PM   #31

Unfortunately the gov dun really support much..childcare leave oni 6 days per year..two kids oso same 6 days per year..events in childcare wan parents wan to involved..open house oso wan parents involved and not to mention to take care of them when they are sick..they tink parents god level meh..Now looking at pending at 9 percent gst..we hv to pragmatic that both parents need to work. can oni be selective on the programmes. Beside what the toddlers know abt building CNY stuff.. .and our dear gov can oni complain why birth rate r falling..wtf..hahhaha
Ya.. I also don't understand why they think that take care 1 kid need 6 days leave.. 2 kids also need only 6 days leave..

They think school event all falls on same day and fall sick sick on same day?
standing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 08:47 AM   #32

Ya.. I also don't understand why they think that take care 1 kid need 6 days leave.. 2 kids also need only 6 days leave..

They think school event all falls on same day and fall sick sick on same day?
Precisely...as if parents also wun fall sick or need to take a break. Now even I also dread of long weekend due to PH..meaning I need to play n entertain them extra one more day.

If there is a second lockdown due to virus..tink my lifespan will shorten considerably
mickey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 10:56 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, i was an admin staff from EtonHouse pre school. Trust me when i tell u this it does not matter which school u put ur child into. The only thing that matters is if ur fortunate enough to get a caring n responsible teacher. Do check out Kidz Meadow.
My wife is a early childhood educator and she has worked in many preschool before. The conclusion is same as above, having a good teacher is more important that sending to expensive childcare. The more expensive childcare does have better teacher to student ratio but that's all. Those that have better curriculum are those big chains like PCF, S4K, MFS, Mindchamps etc because they have people overseeing this so they tend to have better curriculum. I myself have a 3 years old attending childcare.
mickey88 likes this.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 11:06 PM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually church kindy or cc also do show and tell. It depends on who the teacher is and what she/he planned. And as for parents' involvement it's necessary to build trust and it's a chance for you to know how your child is progressing or is doing in sch. We call that home sch partnership. You don't have to get involved but what's the point of having a child in the first place and not get involved or involved a mere minimum. Sorry just my 2 cents as I know a lot of parents these days just wanna send their children to learn in sch and not do anything at home. They prefer to give that responsibility to the sch and teachers just because they paid high sch fees.
Fully agree about the part that a lot of parents do not care about their children education, my colleagues all think like that. Luckily my wife and I think similarly and we love to talk/teach/write/draw together with our son. My parents did not educate me much when I was growing up but I aspire to be a different type of parent to my son.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:00 PM   #35

Fully agree about the part that a lot of parents do not care about their children education, my colleagues all think like that. Luckily my wife and I think similarly and we love to talk/teach/write/draw together with our son. My parents did not educate me much when I was growing up but I aspire to be a different type of parent to my son.
Your son blessed to have both u as parents! Happy parenting!
lovemuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:32 AM   #36

Totally agreed..my parents era oso hv not provide much interaction or play with me..Not to mention toys..but again sometimes expectation n reality is two different tink..etc..I just receive message from childcare to see if attend zoom meeting on 6th of aug because of national day celebration at 9.45 to 10.15am..hello...i am working..not ba long long at home shake leg..i might have project meeting oso at the same time..expect to join but reality is harsh
Old 05-08-2020, 03:52 PM   #37

Hi!

First time parent here with a 10 month old baby girl!

So, I'm currently staying with my in-laws in Jurong, since my MIL is a housewife. And I initially planned to look for a childcare around Punggol area as my husband and I were supposed to be moving there next year. (BTO.) But, due to Covid-19, the constructions was delayed for another 9 more months, so roughly might get the keys by 3rd quarter of 2021.

Since there was a delay, I might not be able to register for childcare next year for my daughter at Punggol since the journey will be crazy!

Jurong > Punggol childcare > then back to Jurong!

My parents who are currently living in Punggol are both working, so they're unable to help look after my daughter. We always go back to Punggol on weekends.

I'm wondering, is it better to register my child next year in a childcare that's in Jurong and then register her again in a childcare that's in Punggol once the house is completed and ready for us to move in?

Or it's better to not register for any childcare first and just wait till the house is completed?
shacesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #38

Hi!

First time parent here with a 10 month old baby girl!

So, I'm currently staying with my in-laws in Jurong, since my MIL is a housewife. And I initially planned to look for a childcare around Punggol area as my husband and I were supposed to be moving there next year. (BTO.) But, due to Covid-19, the constructions was delayed for another 9 more months, so roughly might get the keys by 3rd quarter of 2021.

Since there was a delay, I might not be able to register for childcare next year for my daughter at Punggol since the journey will be crazy!

Jurong > Punggol childcare > then back to Jurong!

My parents who are currently living in Punggol are both working, so they're unable to help look after my daughter. We always go back to Punggol on weekends.

I'm wondering, is it better to register my child next year in a childcare that's in Jurong and then register her again in a childcare that's in Punggol once the house is completed and ready for us to move in?

Or it's better to not register for any childcare first and just wait till the house is completed?
If she is enrolled now, she is in infant care. After 18 months is toddlers group. I think there’s no cons in starting next year compared to starting now for your situation.
psytxtbk4exam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:13 AM   #39

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/ma...s-cut-forehead

Guess it all boils down to what sort of teacher u hv..heng or suay regardless branded or not
Old 06-08-2020, 01:42 PM   #40

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/ma...s-cut-forehead

Guess it all boils down to what sort of teacher u hv..heng or suay regardless branded or not
Wa... Play with words? Touch the ground..

Technically, from 20 stories jump down also can say is touched the ground hor..
standing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:20 PM   #41

Wa... Play with words? Touch the ground..

Technically, from 20 stories jump down also can say is touched the ground hor..
lol..go n refer to hwmook wife whose is in educator line..It all abt who u meet in life tat make a difference.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.