More schools shoot down 'helicopter parenting'

Weng123

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So, they will allow kids to go home, grab the book, and arrive late for the lesson?

Nope. Just admit that they have forgotten to bring the textbook and have to share with their classmate while getting a reprimand from the teacher.

machapple

Master Member
Reaction score
moi Pri sch forgot to bring textbook is kenna detention to copy the whole textbook 1 lor

Brubeck

Reaction score
During moi time, such student would be slammed against the chalkboard.

CoricopatXu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The thoughts of the parents doing it instead of reprimanding their kids is even more worrying

My mother will probably come down without the book/instrument/whatever and arrive armed with a cane instead. And she'd probably wallop me in front of the entire class too!

That said, this same issue was discussed hotly on Reddit SG, and quite a few parents were unhappy with the school, saying they'd put in all the effort to leave work, to home, and retrieve the missing items- only to be turned away at the gate. Which wasn't quite fair to them.

Urm.. how about not going home and retrieving the items in the first place??

machapple

Master Member
Reaction score
Serious or not
One day or copy until completed?

few hrs over few days lo... if cca day starts 6pm ask for permission to chiong more. somemore must use foolsap paper signed n given by teacher to prevent me from getting external help...

rogerfederer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time never take books or homework will kenna detention. Trained me to be responsible for my own actions.

My parents bo chup also. Always tell me own thing do own self. Nowadays 的 parents are like servant or slave to their children.
Maybe it's precisely because of such 'harsh' punishment for merely forgetting to bring a book, that makes kids panic and look to their parents for help.

mrspiggy

Master Member
Reaction score
If parents always bring the things for their children, aren't we breeding more strawberry generations?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sometimes forgot to bring stuff is to sit beside this cute gal sitting beside me. :love:

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score
That's how we cultivate strawberries

Next time become failures

Good, then import more fts and replace the since they voted for all these

johnjohn888

Banned
Reaction score
SmdEWxD.gif

lol.........10char

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If want to teach the child at the same time, maybe they should still allow the parent to give the children the book but record it down.

Last time no bring book i rmb teacher say must kneel down? Some teacher say must stand outside class window there. Some teacher say just share no big deal. Some teacher best, just teach until when times up go, u no bring things u ownself settle.

Sent from The Magical Land Of Talking Pillows, Bolsters & Blankets; Far, Far Away Deep In Another Galaxy using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.