HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need advise on morning sickness

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2020, 02:43 PM   #1

Need advise on morning sickness

Hi all, I need some advise on morning sickness.

Wife is pregnant with our first child, and her morning sickness last the whole day.

After she eat or drink anything, she tends to vomit out all what she took. And because of this, she have lost some weight since last week.

2 weeks ago we went for our first checkup at KKH and was given some medication for the morning sickness; but she will vomit out shortly after she takes the pill with water.

Any tips or advise on how to ease the vomiting? Seeing her this way breaks my heart. =(
meDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 08:26 PM   #2

Its quite common during pregnancy, better consult with your family doctor regularly
Old 22-06-2020, 10:29 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

I’ve had friends and colleagues who had 9 months of morning sickness. Really tough when you hear of those cases but every pregnancy is unique.

I suppose your wife is going into her 2nd trimester?

Perhaps find out what’s the comfort food or drink. Their sense of smell usually gets elevated so they may have a sudden disliking for some strong smelling foods. She may even fall in love with some of the stuff that she used to dislike.
Old 23-06-2020, 12:31 PM   #4

I’ve had friends and colleagues who had 9 months of morning sickness. Really tough when you hear of those cases but every pregnancy is unique.

I suppose your wife is going into her 2nd trimester?

Perhaps find out what’s the comfort food or drink. Their sense of smell usually gets elevated so they may have a sudden disliking for some strong smelling foods. She may even fall in love with some of the stuff that she used to dislike.
Still first trimester. She can't take meat now, smell too strong.

Well, she did start drinking ribena. But as for the other foods, she take some and vomit it all out.

I read online is for her to take small and regular meals. But each time she eats or drinks, she vomit. I very worried.
Old 27-06-2020, 08:42 PM   #5

Still first trimester. She can't take meat now, smell too strong.

Well, she did start drinking ribena. But as for the other foods, she take some and vomit it all out.

I read online is for her to take small and regular meals. But each time she eats or drinks, she vomit. I very worried.
Hi! No need to worry. Instead, Ensure she’s well hydrated and go for regular check ups for baby to check on baby’s weight and growth.

Small regular meals may help. Didn’t help for me. Can get stronger medicine for vomiting from gynae too. They have a few options available for pregnant women.

For my second pregnancy, I vomited all the way from the first day till the last one at delivery suite (no epidural hence not caused by epidural) and even vomited when I was resting in the maternity ward after I delivered. But just Ensure that your wife is eating, drinking (even though vomit out) and baby is growing well.

I got heartburn as well so I take gaviscon which is safe for pregnancy.
zzzzzz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 11:12 AM   #6

Hi! No need to worry. Instead, Ensure she’s well hydrated and go for regular check ups for baby to check on baby’s weight and growth.

Small regular meals may help. Didn’t help for me. Can get stronger medicine for vomiting from gynae too. They have a few options available for pregnant women.

For my second pregnancy, I vomited all the way from the first day till the last one at delivery suite (no epidural hence not caused by epidural) and even vomited when I was resting in the maternity ward after I delivered. But just Ensure that your wife is eating, drinking (even though vomit out) and baby is growing well.

I got heartburn as well so I take gaviscon which is safe for pregnancy.
Thanks! So just eat and drink even if vomit.

Lately her vomiting getting lesser. But still breaks my heart when I see her vomit each time.

Thanks for your advise.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.