HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Newborn, nanny, infant care or maid after maternity leave?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2018, 11:30 AM   #1

Newborn, nanny, infant care or maid after maternity leave?

Hihi,

Mind to share your experience on how you take care for your newborn after 4 months of maternity leave and need to return to the workforce?

1) Nanny
2) Infant care
3) maid

Thinking of sending my newborn to infant care. Anyone have any experience on infant care?

Thanks of sharing
Brainystarfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:02 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

heard of many kids get frequently ill in infant care so good luck to you
can try to get kid's grandparents to help if available.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:38 PM   #3

heard of many kids get frequently ill in infant care so good luck to you
can try to get kid's grandparents to help if available.

Not grandparents to help
Brainystarfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 01:52 PM   #4

getting ill is part and parcel of growing up.

train your maid during the first 4 months on how to take care of new born. You have a nanny during the first month right? Learn as much from her. Then you ask your maid if she comfortable taking care if you are not around. if all else fail, infant care.
Arcanell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:04 PM   #5

I think you should get one maid and one nanny, like maid clean the house the nanny take care of the child. because I think ah it is better to have both separately le, the maid will clean then they dirty then touch your kid, so I think one of each better
Jasmine11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:18 PM   #6
Master Member

This is Super ex.. not everyone can afford this option

I think you should get one maid and one nanny, like maid clean the house the nanny take care of the child. because I think ah it is better to have both separately le, the maid will clean then they dirty then touch your kid, so I think one of each better
opticloopy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:48 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

wow, doesnt make much sense to have both.. way too expensive for an avg singaporean family.

btw, any idea what's the cost for infant care? i read that there are subsidies if parents work more than 56 hrs, but if parents work normal 9 to 6 day job = no subsidies?
p_eppermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:18 PM   #8

Right now i'm sending my 4 mth old to a nanny near my place. $1k per mth. But you have to find a nanny that you can trust cos not all nanny can make the grade. We went to see a few nanny before selecting current one.

Infant care has waiting list in my area, and there is $20 penalty if u pick up your baby late. But after subsidy it's around $600-$700

last option of hiring maid is actually the most economical cos at $600-$800 per mth, u get to have house cleaned, food to eat and baby taken care, but have to find a maid who can take care baby and u can trust takes time.

Tough choices, but I chose nanny cos I found one that is recommended by friends, choosing nanny is also like choosing a maid, gotta find a correct one.

in the long run, will probably hire a maid cos when baby grows up, can talk, if maid mistreats, baby can complain. Now too young to complain if maid mistreats, unless you have an elder in the house to constantly monitor.
eric16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:06 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, thanks for sharing. Wow, $1k per mth for nanny is really ex. For infant care, any criteria to be eligible for subsidy? Both me & hubby are Singaporeans working normal 9-6 day jobs.

Right now i'm sending my 4 mth old to a nanny near my place. $1k per mth. But you have to find a nanny that you can trust cos not all nanny can make the grade. We went to see a few nanny before selecting current one.

Infant care has waiting list in my area, and there is $20 penalty if u pick up your baby late. But after subsidy it's around $600-$700

last option of hiring maid is actually the most economical cos at $600-$800 per mth, u get to have house cleaned, food to eat and baby taken care, but have to find a maid who can take care baby and u can trust takes time.

Tough choices, but I chose nanny cos I found one that is recommended by friends, choosing nanny is also like choosing a maid, gotta find a correct one.

in the long run, will probably hire a maid cos when baby grows up, can talk, if maid mistreats, baby can complain. Now too young to complain if maid mistreats, unless you have an elder in the house to constantly monitor.
Old 13-04-2018, 07:41 PM   #10

My arrangement for both my children :

Newborn - 2yo : nanny cos i wanted 1 to 1 attention.

2yo - 6yo : childcare cos that’s when they were like sponge, start learning...

7yo - 12yo : maid cos they only need someone to fetch them to and fro school.... and also cook their lunch...
0limshs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 08:09 PM   #11

As long as you are Singaporean and working mother, u r entitled for the subsidy.
I have registered for infant care too, went for the tour before I decided. Not really a bad option.

Hi, thanks for sharing. Wow, $1k per mth for nanny is really ex. For infant care, any criteria to be eligible for subsidy? Both me & hubby are Singaporeans working normal 9-6 day jobs.
CarylBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 10:27 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks for the info care to share how much you are paying after deducting subsidy?

As long as you are Singaporean and working mother, u r entitled for the subsidy.
I have registered for infant care too, went for the tour before I decided. Not really a bad option.
Old 19-04-2018, 03:15 PM   #13

My arrangement for both my children :

Newborn - 2yo : nanny cos i wanted 1 to 1 attention.

2yo - 6yo : childcare cos that’s when they were like sponge, start learning...

7yo - 12yo : maid cos they only need someone to fetch them to and fro school.... and also cook their lunch...
This sounds like my case too
Stinzy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 07:48 AM   #14

I’m also thinking about who or what to do with my newborn

My Wife doesn’t trust stranger so I have to take taxi to my in law house every morning while my Wife bring my newborn back every evening

I supposed it’s bloody tiring. So I am considering to get a car or not but i afraid it will be extra burden ownin a car.
Old 23-04-2018, 10:23 AM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

I’m also thinking about who or what to do with my newborn

My Wife doesn’t trust stranger so I have to take taxi to my in law house every morning while my Wife bring my newborn back every evening

I supposed it’s bloody tiring. So I am considering to get a car or not but i afraid it will be extra burden ownin a car.
imo car is a liability but if you can afford, it is very convenient. however the amt that we spend on the car could really be put to better use i feel, if not for upcoming bb i probably would want to get rid of the car

i fear the same problem too in future as it can be damn tiring & time consuming travelling back & forth from in-laws' place, esp during peak hrs. that's why i am considering either nanny or ifc. nanny is a bit too expensive, but also heard that bb will fall sick more often in ifc.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.