HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Potty training

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2018, 11:35 PM   #1

Potty training

My son is 4 years old already but still wearing diapers.

We have tried to train him by letting him wear training pants and regular underwear, and we always remind him if you want to pee, you must tell mummy and mummy will bring you to the toilet, cannot pee on your pants, etc..

But every time he will wet his pants and keep quiet and point at the wet floor. He just refuses to open his mouth to tell us that he wants to pee. We have to keep asking him "do you want to go toilet?" And even when we ask, he will say no. But when I personally bring him to the toilet bowl to stand, he actually pees. (Which means he wants to pee, but he still say no)

Any parents face this problem? How do you potty train your children? And how long it took for them to fully learn?

4 years old still wearing diapers abit embarrassing...
Sharonyap2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 09:05 AM   #2

i was hoping childcare will guide and teach
mickey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 07:27 PM   #3

My son is 4 years old already but still wearing diapers.

We have tried to train him by letting him wear training pants and regular underwear, and we always remind him if you want to pee, you must tell mummy and mummy will bring you to the toilet, cannot pee on your pants, etc..

But every time he will wet his pants and keep quiet and point at the wet floor. He just refuses to open his mouth to tell us that he wants to pee. We have to keep asking him "do you want to go toilet?" And even when we ask, he will say no. But when I personally bring him to the toilet bowl to stand, he actually pees. (Which means he wants to pee, but he still say no)

Any parents face this problem? How do you potty train your children? And how long it took for them to fully learn?

4 years old still wearing diapers abit embarrassing...
What will you do when he wet his pants or the floor? Will you scold him angrily? 4years old should be old enough to know what's right and what's wrong.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
sellun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 03:13 PM   #4

Usually they start from big business. He can tell u if he wants to do big business? Is he in cc? Usually cc will guide them along the way. Don't stress him over it. Different kids meet their milestone at different timing
Stinzy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 04:33 PM   #5

What will you do when he wet his pants or the floor? Will you scold him angrily? 4years old should be old enough to know what's right and what's wrong.

I don't get angry at him because I don't want him to think that he SHOULDNT pee. Because if I get angry, then in the future he will develop habit of holding in his pee, which will be bad for his bladder. Furthermore, he's still at learning stage so I want to show him that it's ok, next time just let me know again if you want to pee (although the same thing of wetting his pants will happen again).
Old 20-04-2018, 04:36 PM   #6

Usually they start from big business. He can tell u if he wants to do big business? Is he in cc? Usually cc will guide them along the way. Don't stress him over it. Different kids meet their milestone at different timing
He will say if he wants to poo, but not 100% of the time he will tell. sometimes when he's halfway playing and he suddenly become very quiet, you can tell that he's trying to poo so before he let it out, I will ask him if he wants to poo and he will reply yes. That's when I bring him go toilet.

He's in childcare now, they are also training him. But I also want to continue the training at home too.
Old 21-04-2018, 08:00 AM   #7

I don't get angry at him because I don't want him to think that he SHOULDNT pee. Because if I get angry, then in the future he will develop habit of holding in his pee, which will be bad for his bladder. Furthermore, he's still at learning stage so I want to show him that it's ok, next time just let me know again if you want to pee (although the same thing of wetting his pants will happen again).
Perhaps you can ask the cc how they train him and enhance their training at home with the same method.
I'm believe in punishing when the kid do something wrong. In this case peeing on the floor is wrong to me.
I would be firm and tell him he is old enough to stop doing this and the next time he do it again he have to clean up by himself. Be it changing of underwear or cleaning the floor.

The first step might be stop wearing diaper. Explain that he have old grown the diapers. It's for baby. Threaten (and really do it for first few times) that he have to clean up himself.

sellun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 11:05 PM   #8

You should bring him regularly to pee at fix interval even if he did not say so. Get him used to peeing normally and not on his diapers or pants. He should go auto after a while.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 using GAGT
seanyboydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 02:30 AM   #9

That's correct. I toilet trained my boy at 15mth. When he goes cc at 18mth, even the teachers were amazed. Just keep bring him to the same spot every 30-45mins. Communicate, praise him when he does it. Clap yr hands together. Once he got the hang of it, he will learn it. Use the same word all the time. For example. Pee pee?xuxu?after a while you will get indication.

You should bring him regularly to pee at fix interval even if he did not say so. Get him used to peeing normally and not on his diapers or pants. He should go auto after a while.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 using GAGT
Henryspeakyourmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #10

Every child is unique and different.

Give him more time, don be stressed.

I guess you just need to keep repeating to ask him if he want to pee as he reluctant to tell.

You can also praise him whenever he pee properly in toilet, or when he tell you that he want to pee and success. Encouragement is also important.

jia you!
koktsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 11:25 PM   #11

Every child is unique and different.

Give him more time, don be stressed.

I guess you just need to keep repeating to ask him if he want to pee as he reluctant to tell.

You can also praise him whenever he pee properly in toilet, or when he tell you that he want to pee and success. Encouragement is also important.

jia you!
yah, all kids are different and parents will always be anxious... don't worry, different people do things at different paces.
themuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 08:39 AM   #12

For me, my elder Son’s speech was slower so we started training him when he turned 3.5 years. It really depends on what they like but mine loves food so we bring him to the potty regularly (2 hours) and for the initial part since he is unwilling to sit there, we would feed him stuff like ice cream or milk to keep him there to get the pee going. Also, I find that when the successfully pee in the potty, by us clapping excitedly and praising him works.

Slowly, and surely they will learn. Good luck
ducklegsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:22 AM   #13

My girl, now going 2yo. Mil instructed her helper to potty train. And then.... as I send my dd to mil house let helper look after every morning and bring her back in d night.. when night comes... she will tell me poo poo... like alarm clock. But when I brought her to toilet. It’s peepee. And not once or twice. Within an hour at 11pm can tell me poo poo 7-8x.... 🤦🏼*♀️🤦🏼*♀️
Plaxx_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.