www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Parenting, Kids & Early Learning (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/parenting-kids-early-learning-397/)
-   -   Recommendations for Gynae (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/parenting-kids-early-learning-397/recommendations-gynae-5784603.html)

p_eppermint 02-03-2018 11:11 AM

Recommendations for Gynae

hi all mummies & daddies. not sure if this thread has been posted before - if yes, kindly help to redirect me to the correct thread..

would like to seek for recommendations for good, experienced gynaes.. i read that stitching is really impt & based on my sis' experience, she really had a hard time after no.2 as stitching was done badly. plus i'm a first time mother, so will tend to get all jittery & will probably need a patient, friendly gynae as well. any recommendations?

have not decided on delivery hospitals but am open to gleneagles, mt A, thomson, NUH. currently with NUH (dr vanaja) as it is near hubby's workplace.

pls also advise cost if possible, plus any other useful info, thank you! :)

e905433k 02-03-2018 11:43 AM

you expecting mom? or your wife?
Cesarean or natural?
I honestly recommend KKWCH A class private suite just find a senior consultant.
My wife O&G left KKWCH went to TMC like 6-7 yrs ago she's good with the episiotomy stitches. if you like the contact pls pm me

p_eppermint 02-03-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e905433k (Post 113076695)
you expecting mom? or your wife?
Cesarean or natural?
I honestly recommend KKWCH A class private suite just find a senior consultant.
My wife O&G left KKWCH went to TMC like 6-7 yrs ago she's good with the episiotomy stitches. if you like the contact pls pm me

i am the expecting mum & considering natural birth :o

e905433k 02-03-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_eppermint (Post 113077022)

ask your family members or friends see which O&G they like

lampPC 09-03-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_eppermint (Post 113076190)
hi all mummies & daddies. not sure if this thread has been posted before - if yes, kindly help to redirect me to the correct thread..

would like to seek for recommendations for good, experienced gynaes.. i read that stitching is really impt & based on my sis' experience, she really had a hard time after no.2 as stitching was done badly. plus i'm a first time mother, so will tend to get all jittery & will probably need a patient, friendly gynae as well. any recommendations?

have not decided on delivery hospitals but am open to gleneagles, mt A, thomson, NUH. currently with NUH (dr vanaja) as it is near hubby's workplace.

TMC WC Cheng Clinic gynea generally acceptable

e905433k 09-03-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_eppermint (Post 113077022)

actually NUH O&G should be good too,just go private/A class there to save time lor

p_eppermint 11-03-2018 05:32 PM

I am there as private patient. But waiting times are still generally long. :( plus, not much for online reviews found on my gynae so I’m skeptical as she’s a lady of few words..

Quote:

Originally Posted by e905433k (Post 113198707)
actually NUH O&G should be good too,just go private/A class there to save time lor

p_eppermint 11-03-2018 05:32 PM

Thanks.

10char

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampPC (Post 113198159)
TMC WC Cheng Clinic gynea generally acceptable

ses009 20-03-2018 12:16 PM

Hi p_eppermint! You have decided to have an elective c-section? My friend delivered her two kids with NUH Dr Vanaja but via vagina birth, hence not sure about her stitching skills. However she must be a good gynae else my friend wouldnt go back to her for the 2nd kid as my friend can be pretty picky. 😜

For a first time mum, you should join this FB group for support https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearepregnant/
You can post your question there, I am sure there will be more recommendations and advices.

Yuripa 20-03-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_eppermint (Post 113076190)

Dr KK Ho

https://www.mountelizabeth.com.sg/do...a-ff0500dba087

My waifu has been seeing him over the past 10 years and he's pretty decent enough in terms of caring for patient and during the delivering of our babies.

You can even ask him for recommendations for PD after delivery and so far the PD he recommended is pretty good as well.

All the best TS..!! :)

sellun 20-03-2018 03:10 PM

How many weeks already? You haven't sign package with any gynae yet? I think other than the actual delivery skills is important the location and waiting time for check ups are as important.

Where do you stay?
My wife went with Dr John Yam last year and everything went really well! He have a clinic at Jurong point (we staying at Jurong West).

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

p_eppermint 20-03-2018 08:58 PM

Hi, thanks for the reply. I’m likely going for natural birth :) sounds reassuring that your friend delivered two of her kids with dr vanaja:)

& thanks for the FB link, will join later!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ses009 (Post 113369627)
Hi p_eppermint! You have decided to have an elective c-section? My friend delivered her two kids with NUH Dr Vanaja but via vagina birth, hence not sure about her stitching skills. However she must be a good gynae else my friend wouldnt go back to her for the 2nd kid as my friend can be pretty picky. 😜

For a first time mum, you should join this FB group for support https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearepregnant/
You can post your question there, I am sure there will be more recommendations and advices.

p_eppermint 20-03-2018 08:58 PM

Was the delivery at mount E? If yes, how are the charges like? For both gynae & hospital :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuripa (Post 113371628)
Dr KK Ho

https://www.mountelizabeth.com.sg/do...a-ff0500dba087

My waifu has been seeing him over the past 10 years and he's pretty decent enough in terms of caring for patient and during the delivering of our babies.

You can even ask him for recommendations for PD after delivery and so far the PD he recommended is pretty good as well.

All the best TS..!! :)

p_eppermint 20-03-2018 09:00 PM

Going to 16 weeks, haven’t signed package yet as NUH package starts at 21 or 22 weeks if I rmb correctly.

Yeah, the waiting time at NUH is crazy :( I stay at bishan. Thomson medical is convenient for me but I’ve heard mixed reviews abt the hospital.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sellun (Post 113372268)
How many weeks already? You haven't sign package with any gynae yet? I think other than the actual delivery skills is important the location and waiting time for check ups are as important.

Where do you stay?
My wife went with Dr John Yam last year and everything went really well! He have a clinic at Jurong point (we staying at Jurong West).

sellun 20-03-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_eppermint (Post 113377753)
Going to 16 weeks, haven’t signed package yet as NUH package starts at 21 or 22 weeks if I rmb correctly.

Yeah, the waiting time at NUH is crazy :( I stay at bishan. Thomson medical is convenient for me but I’ve heard mixed reviews abt the hospital.

NUH seems far from your place..

Not sure if you'll consider gleneagles. Can check out Dr John Yam.
His appointment have very short waiting time, very skillful during delivery and patiently answers all your questions during check up, won't chase you to quickly go off like some other gynae we went to before him.

I spent around 1k+ for package (excluding scans and med) and 5k+ cash/2k+ medisave for gleneagles 2 bedder with gas & epidural.