HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Stop working at 34yo & live off parents since then, what would you do as a parent?

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2018, 11:41 PM   #46
Supremacy Member

Wow Ts got coffeeshop, shld be well to do.
NoLogicLah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:04 PM   #47
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wow Ts got coffeeshop, shld be well to do.
That's why her son too comfortable. Take things for granted.
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:09 PM   #48
High Supremacy Member

Healthy, no disability, no mental issue. Refuse to work for 5yrs & counting on. What would you do as a parent after countless arguments on the need to be self sufficient? Would you leave him as he is but leave more money to this child for fear of bleak future? Would you ask your other children to support this 34yo when you die? Or would you force him to work by all means?

You happy happy piak piak raw 34 years ago, need to take up the responsibilities.
You never teach him since young ?
You are responsible for it if he behave like that.
Write down all your will to him to ensure he will not die of hunger after you move on.
Old 17-07-2018, 04:37 PM   #49

It reminds me of an article I saw on quora...

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-motiv...ound-the-house
Cloudycloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:31 AM   #50
Master Member

Healthy, no disability, no mental issue. Refuse to work for 5yrs & counting on. What would you do as a parent after countless arguments on the need to be self sufficient? Would you leave him as he is but leave more money to this child for fear of bleak future? Would you ask your other children to support this 34yo when you die? Or would you force him to work by all means?
I got a frd also like that 37 years old. Leeching off the parents. Best job is for him to auto wake up and sleep, air con, gym session and dont do too much, now working deliveryroo to past time. Clock average of 10 details a day or so depending on weather and mood. Work 5 days a week depending on mood.

Not well to do, lives 3 rm, shared the house with parents and sister. Everyday rotting at home. Sometimes if you have roof over your head, I dont think it takes much to retire as long you dont have desires.

Last edited by hachi; 02-09-2018 at 09:36 AM..
hachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:45 PM   #51

That’s one of the reason why I choose to be single no kids..no need worry my kids will leech and spend all my money away loll
Hdpegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:49 PM   #52

He got no gf? Any past relationship ?i assume he no gf since he’s home person.. If he got gf maybe his mentality will change..
Old 03-09-2018, 08:13 PM   #53

5 years already..Most likely he will not work anymore n leech until u uplorry and pass ur Coffeeshop to him next time and he will sell it off also..no need work for lifetime..if u want him to become 败家子 then continue let him have his way
Old 05-09-2018, 12:07 PM   #54

@TC how's the situation now? I also concerned cause I know someone who's lying around at home and not (seemingly) doing anything to find work. Hope the situation on your side has improved!
Old 05-09-2018, 12:40 PM   #55

How to help him secure a job when we don know what job he wants? Even though i had worked in corporate world for decades before switching to my current small job, i do not have strong & relevant network that can secure him a job without him having to go for interviews. The only job i can secure him is to work in my coffeeshop which he refuse.

What kind of online job that one can have without using computer? He dont have a computer or ipad.

Maybe we are indeed allowing him to continue his current lifestyle by providing him a roof, daily meals & not asking him to pay any household bill..
I think you have the answer to your question in the last paragraph.
Taloona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:07 PM   #56

I have a friend who was similar, just that his family not as well of and still, he survived on however little they had. No contribution to family, and when confronted, he will flare up.

Every day we try to talk sense to him as friends, he also flare up. One day, a friend went for the gentle approach. Told him something like, "I think you're quite good at organising things (since he's the one usually asking out), why not try to work in events? I'm sure you'll be great at it and I think you might even enjoy it." He went on to find a job running events for a local SME. It's not the best of jobs around, but I can see that my friend is a happier person now. His family has also stopped nagging at him and they seem closer now too.

What I'm saying is, it might be beneficial to help your child find a direction instead of just "go find a job" or "work at my coffeeshop". What are his strengths? What are his interests?

I'm guessing that your first answer will be "he's just good at lazing around and playing games."

Please allow me to shamefully say that if even you cannot find the capacity to believe in him and expect better out of him, no one would.

I wish you the best!
boonahboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 09:59 AM   #57

Second that boonahboon!
Old 02-11-2018, 01:28 AM   #58
Arch-Supremacy Member

ts got any update?
dexterkim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:57 PM   #59
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tiagong a certain PM also like that
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.