Thomson Medical vs KK vs Mt Alvernia vs Gleneagles.. go where give birth best?

PostCountWarrior[+2]

Master Member
Reaction score
Thomson food sux parking also terible.
Got money go to mount e novena.this place very atas but if baby go neonatal icu u gg. Pocket will burnt.

Overall i think KK best. Many food below for daddy. Macdonalds,delifrance,food court all there.

sk0065

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TMC everyday also got babies to be delivered...
I don't think epi can run out (in TMC) until need to "borrow" from KKH lo.

is it your gyane is not a resident doc in TMC thus cannot touch TMC's ammo?

my wife epidural 1 time

wa this part hor tmc lose to kkh liao...

cause the epidural only kkh have..

so the doc also must draw from kkh...

then take a longer time for epidural to reach my wife...

she already pain cannot liao still must wait

kkh good cause if need epidural can get it straight from kkh no need travel back and forth for it

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You know what's the funny story about my wife's 3-5 mins LSCS?

She pushed in 15-20 mins into the labour ward do final prep. Still could see the missy and her.....then saw doc. Doors closed.

About 10 mins later heard first cry. My mum said "Must be HIM!!". I said KNS cannot be so fast.

3 mins later "Mr XXX, come in, lai liao".

I went WTF? :eek:

I still had not sanitised my hands, !$@#@!#. In the end chop chop washed 3X inside (coz need to wash for 1-2 mins total).......touched baby and clipped the ID tag etc.

Faster than i could PCW 1-2 messages on EDMW. :mad:

CoricopatXu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You know what's the funny story about my wife's 3-5 mins LSCS?

She pushed in 15-20 mins into the labour ward do final prep. Still could see the missy and her.....then saw doc. Doors closed.

About 10 mins later heard first cry. My mum said "Must be HIM!!". I said KNS cannot be so fast.

3 mins later "Mr XXX, come in, lai liao".

I went WTF? :eek:

I still had not sanitised my hands, !$@#@!#. In the end chop chop washed 3X inside (coz need to wash for 1-2 mins total).......touched baby and clipped the ID tag etc.

Faster than i could PCW 1-2 messages on EDMW. :mad:

That is a pretty awesome birth story, and that means it must've been really smooth and uncomplicated! Many other mums can only dream of a delivery like that..

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Serious, moi ex colleague sis in law 3.9kg natural birth..

Very tough on her + risky lah......better not try. Suffering for XX hours is one thing, the recovery is another.

Actually my wife LSCS...2 weeks later can stand and walk already.
Of coz got other cons...but you weigh the pros/cons all out and see what you want.

georgemcics

Banned
Reaction score
Bo ko leng cos my wife last min decide to have epidural one at tmc..got it done within 10mins..

mean hor your gyane already prepare the epidural before hand liao... early early draw liao... so the epidural at tmc...

another possibility (according to doc tell me one) is they can pass the epidural to another doc. mean maybe got other woman request epidural early... but she not urgent... your wife urgent... so doc decide to give you first...

georgemcics

Banned
Reaction score
TMC everyday also got babies to be delivered...
I don't think epi can run out (in TMC) until need to "borrow" from KKH lo.

is it your gyane is not a resident doc in TMC thus cannot touch TMC's ammo?

what tmc told me is they got no ammo :(

want ammo must draw KKH no other choice

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mean hor your gyane already prepare the epidural before hand liao... early early draw liao... so the epidural at tmc...

another possibility (according to doc tell me one) is they can pass the epidural to another doc. mean maybe got other woman request epidural early... but she not urgent... your wife urgent... so doc decide to give you first...

My wife not urgent leh...after epidural, she slept like a baby and only gave birth like 9 hours later :s13:

I open potato chip and watch movie on macbook

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thomson food sux parking also terible.
Got money go to mount e novena.this place very atas but if baby go neonatal icu u gg. Pocket will burnt.

Overall i think KK best. Many food below for daddy. Macdonalds,delifrance,food court all there.
Actually, Thomson food-wise go opposite the coffeeshop got the famous zi char what, some more if you drive got so many bak kut teh joints along the whole Balestier stretch take your pick =:p Drive back to the hospital 5 min nia.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is a pretty awesome birth story, and that means it must've been really smooth and uncomplicated! Many other mums can only dream of a delivery like that..

But my wife has got auto-immune SLE case, so it's actually an uncomplicated pregnancy + delivery (hindsight) but based on complicated pre and post-natal thinking/procedure/whatever. "kiasee", which is good anyway.
Things could really go wrong real fast at any part.....and doesn't end until the kid is a good 6-12 months.

That's why 2nd one transferred from Mount E to SGH. First one didn't even know got condition at that point in time, coz we were in Beijing touring when my wife kena a crazy migrane due to the air pollution there (about PSI 300+) for 48hrs and went to their 朝阳 beijing hospital, and from there saw the high platelet count which warranted further investigation as advised by the Tiong doc (all the auto-immune/anti-nuclear antibody tests done locally). Only knew of the condition in 2013 during the BJ tour

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually Malaysia is cheap. My 2nd one spent around 1ksgd with everything and two nights stay.

If my wife go back msia public hospital give birth, only rm35..

Experience from her cousin who gave birth twice say actually their nurse and service for delivery quite good..

serangoon1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what tmc told me is they got no ammo :(

want ammo must draw KKH no other choice

Didn't know that

I can even indicate which anaesthetist I want at Thomson

If I am to compare my first anaesthetist at kkh and Thomson anaesthetist

Thomson anaesthetist much much better- no side effect at all

No shiver no nausea, nothing

georgemcics

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, Thomson food-wise go opposite the coffeeshop got the famouszi char what, some more if you drive got so manybak kut teh joints along the whole Balestier stretch take your pick
=:p nia.

the zi char the 虾酱鸡 power

i tabao eat at 10pm.

my son come out 10.07pm lol

in the end the doctor say think is the boy smell the chicken then want to come out hahaha

38 Oxley Road via PCWX

georgemcics

Banned
Reaction score
Didn't know that

I can even indicate which anaesthetist I want at Thomson

If I am to compare my first anaesthetist at kkh and Thomson anaesthetist

Thomson anaesthetist much much better- no side effect all

No shiver no nausea, nothing

your one weekday? mine weekend then tell me no epidural must go kkh draw. steam sia i tell you the wait.....

38 Oxley Road via PCWX

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.