HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thomson Medical vs KK vs Mt Alvernia vs Gleneagles.. go where give birth best?

Like Tree352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #76
Greater Supremacy Member

BTW, even if your child is healthy etc........a lot also depends on the spec's experience.

4.01kg baby, i can tell you....if the doc asked you to go natural, i salute you.

Elective LCSC already ordered in 3rd trimester, ultrasound already know cannot do natural, end up more pain with natural and then kena emergency LSCS then sama sama. All these boils down to experience and professionalism of the doc.

Another story is that some private spec in some shopping centre cannot see the gestational sac via the tummy ultrasound and the transvaginal ultrasound (chemically is already positive coz HGC hormone levels already all there). KNS, the doc said might be chemical pregnancy, HGC levels raised due to fertilisation but no gestational sac latched onto the womb or already dropped out etc.
Ended up go Mount E spec the next day coz could not sleep at night, within 1 min asked me to go in, showed me......there, brudder, your gestational sac. Brudder, you pro sia......this "GS" term you also know.
(can't be helped).
Serious, moi ex colleague sis in law 3.9kg natural birth..
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Gixxerfied is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #77
Great Supremacy Member

For your kids I tell you. You will spend the money no matter what de. Squeeze squeeze a bit sure enough de

Gleneagles of course. Whether can afford or not is another issue.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
sleepyhealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #78

My wife 33 weeks now, the baby 1.5kg only.

Private doctor said better to transfer to NUH or KKH. Which one better?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
guanguan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 05:54 PM   #79
Arch-Supremacy Member

Huh???? What if the kid pops out before the epidural gets there? Do you still get charged for it?

Not very time efficient leh..
thats why the doc already pre warn us...

if want epidural before start feel pain must request liao... dont wait until pain then request... cause doc need time to go kkh draw the epidural

but my wife stubborn... she dont want use epidural initially cause scare affect baby... but behind the pain too much she no choice request...

then its a sat... lagi worst... cause draw must be the anesthetics doctor then can do the epidural ma... then the doctor not at kkh at that point of time...

so is doctor go to kkh draw liao then come to tmc.... wa lao eh smelly smelly need 1 hour plus lo

when the anesthetics doctor come in to the labour ward (she wearing like those very home type of yoga clothing LOL)

my wife screaming like siao already
~Dragonite~ likes this.
georgemcics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 05:54 PM   #80
Arch-Supremacy Member

I aim to let my future kids be born in a western country rather than in Singapore. I don't want them to suffer. I want them to have their own house, their own land, their own car. I will help them achieve it. Most importantly, they must have Freedom.
you have a gf already?

If you are not or have not achieve any of those yourself, how you give your son what you don't have?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 05:54 PM   #81
Master Member

Thomson food sux parking also terible.
Got money go to mount e novena.this place very atas but if baby go neonatal icu u gg. Pocket will burnt.

Overall i think KK best. Many food below for daddy. Macdonalds,delifrance,food court all there.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
PostCountWarrior[+2] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 05:54 PM   #82
Master Member

TMC everyday also got babies to be delivered...
I don't think epi can run out (in TMC) until need to "borrow" from KKH lo.

is it your gyane is not a resident doc in TMC thus cannot touch TMC's ammo?

my wife epidural 1 time

wa this part hor tmc lose to kkh liao...

cause the epidural only kkh have..

so the doc also must draw from kkh...

then take a longer time for epidural to reach my wife...

she already pain cannot liao still must wait

kkh good cause if need epidural can get it straight from kkh no need travel back and forth for it
~Dragonite~ likes this.
sk0065 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 05:55 PM   #83
Great Supremacy Member

You know what's the funny story about my wife's 3-5 mins LSCS?

She pushed in 15-20 mins into the labour ward do final prep. Still could see the missy and her.....then saw doc. Doors closed.

About 10 mins later heard first cry. My mum said "Must be HIM!!". I said KNS cannot be so fast.

3 mins later "Mr XXX, come in, lai liao".

I went WTF?

I still had not sanitised my hands, !$@#@!#. In the end chop chop washed 3X inside (coz need to wash for 1-2 mins total).......touched baby and clipped the ID tag etc.

Faster than i could PCW 1-2 messages on EDMW.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 21-07-2017, 05:56 PM   #84
High Supremacy Member

You know what's the funny story about my wife's 3-5 mins LSCS?

She pushed in 15-20 mins into the labour ward do final prep. Still could see the missy and her.....then saw doc. Doors closed.

About 10 mins later heard first cry. My mum said "Must be HIM!!". I said KNS cannot be so fast.

3 mins later "Mr XXX, come in, lai liao".

I went WTF?

I still had not sanitised my hands, !$@#@!#. In the end chop chop washed 3X inside (coz need to wash for 1-2 mins total).......touched baby and clipped the ID tag etc.

Faster than i could PCW 1-2 messages on EDMW.
That is a pretty awesome birth story, and that means it must've been really smooth and uncomplicated! Many other mums can only dream of a delivery like that..
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 21-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #85
Great Supremacy Member

Serious, moi ex colleague sis in law 3.9kg natural birth..
Very tough on her + risky lah......better not try. Suffering for XX hours is one thing, the recovery is another.

Actually my wife LSCS...2 weeks later can stand and walk already.
Of coz got other cons...but you weigh the pros/cons all out and see what you want.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 21-07-2017, 05:58 PM   #86
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bo ko leng cos my wife last min decide to have epidural one at tmc..got it done within 10mins..
mean hor your gyane already prepare the epidural before hand liao... early early draw liao... so the epidural at tmc...

another possibility (according to doc tell me one) is they can pass the epidural to another doc. mean maybe got other woman request epidural early... but she not urgent... your wife urgent... so doc decide to give you first...
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 21-07-2017, 05:58 PM   #87
Greater Supremacy Member

My wife 33 weeks now, the baby 1.5kg only.

Private doctor said better to transfer to NUH or KKH. Which one better?
Kkh........
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 21-07-2017, 05:59 PM   #88
Arch-Supremacy Member

TMC everyday also got babies to be delivered...
I don't think epi can run out (in TMC) until need to "borrow" from KKH lo.

is it your gyane is not a resident doc in TMC thus cannot touch TMC's ammo?
what tmc told me is they got no ammo

want ammo must draw KKH no other choice
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 21-07-2017, 05:59 PM   #89
Greater Supremacy Member

mean hor your gyane already prepare the epidural before hand liao... early early draw liao... so the epidural at tmc...

another possibility (according to doc tell me one) is they can pass the epidural to another doc. mean maybe got other woman request epidural early... but she not urgent... your wife urgent... so doc decide to give you first...
My wife not urgent leh...after epidural, she slept like a baby and only gave birth like 9 hours later

I open potato chip and watch movie on macbook
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 21-07-2017, 06:01 PM   #90
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thomson food sux parking also terible.
Got money go to mount e novena.this place very atas but if baby go neonatal icu u gg. Pocket will burnt.

Overall i think KK best. Many food below for daddy. Macdonalds,delifrance,food court all there.
Actually, Thomson food-wise go opposite the coffeeshop got the famous zi char what, some more if you drive got so many bak kut teh joints along the whole Balestier stretch take your pick Drive back to the hospital 5 min nia.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
CCCustom is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.