[Gaming] Official Guild Wars 2 Thread [No Sales of items or currency!]

kill99

Master Member
Reaction score
Please take note of the place where u buy

Yes. To play from North America you must purchase a North American copy of the game. To play from Europe you must purchase a European copy of the game. Note that this restriction impacts where you can play from, not which game worlds you can choose to play on.

By purchasing the correct copy of the game, you're supporting the game in your country, and you'll be connecting to your local data center, using your local customer support team, and downloading the correct language support for your country.

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
Just linked my gw1 acct to gw2 as well. Game client will be available shortly, in days? lol

Cleaver

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder whether we will face lag issues here in Singapore. US server after all....

Anyone played NCsoft games that can comment?

I've play aion on siel server, ping is usually around 200ms plus, didn't really go abyss for pvp so not sure about pvp reaction part.
But normal gameplay wise np.

Cleaver

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just linked my gw1 acct to gw2 as well. Game client will be available shortly, in days? lol

Read on twitter they will inform again :

For those of you wondering/panicking you're not currently able to download a game client, we will let you know when (Beta) you can :) ^AT

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
I wonder whether we will face lag issues here in Singapore. US server after all....

Anyone played NCsoft games that can comment?

I will still log into gw1 and play, i see no issue with the delay currently :)

fumikasu

Reaction score
I will still log into gw1 and play, i see no issue with the delay currently :)

Yep I don't face lag often with GW 1 as well. But then again I think they had data centres in Asia for GW1 though...remembered reading it somewhere...

fumikasu

Reaction score
guys, the digital edition is what? pay and can dl to play le?

Buy it, get a code for beta-access in your email, use it at register.guildwars2.com and register a new GW 2 account for beta.

Then wait for Arenanet to email you the link to download the game client for the upcoming beta starting end of April. The game client is still not available for download as of now.

r0t1prata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy it, get a code for beta-access in your email, use it at register.guildwars2.com and register a new GW 2 account for beta.

Then wait for Arenanet to email you the link to download the game client for the upcoming beta starting end of April. The game client is still not available for download as of now.

cool, oh yah i was reading the faqs and there was this sentence, anyone knows what they are talking about?
I ordered one of the digital editions. How will I obtain the final manual for Guild Wars 2?

Final documentation for Guild Wars 2 will be available on our Web site at launch.

source: Game FAQ | Guild Wars 2

fumikasu

Reaction score
cool, oh yah i was reading the faqs and there was this sentence, anyone knows what they are talking about?

source: Game FAQ | Guild Wars 2

For digital editions of the games there wouldn't be any physical items, including the manuals that comes in the DVD box with games whenever we buy them. Instead what we can download is the digital copy of the manual. That's what they're referring to.

Probably just a PDF consisting of some background lore of GW2 as well as a guide to the UI elements for the interface and keyboard shortcuts sorta stuff. What you normally see in game manuals.

r0t1prata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For digital editions of the games there wouldn't be any physical items, including the manuals that comes in the DVD box with games whenever we buy them. Instead what we can download is the digital copy of the manual. That's what they're referring to.

Probably just a PDF consisting of some background lore of GW2 as well as a guide to the UI elements for the interface and keyboard shortcuts sorta stuff. What you normally see in game manuals.

thanks again for clarifying my doubts :s13:

chronorec

Master Member
Reaction score
So little people here:(
From all the footage around, GW2 seem to be much more impressive than D3 to me leh, although I'll still probably get D3 too.

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bought mine too... cant wait for the beta weekend...

Cleaver

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So little people here:(
From all the footage around, GW2 seem to be much more impressive than D3 to me leh, although I'll still probably get D3 too.

Well, in hwc forum, so quite expected. Hopefully soon more players know about here and join us!

Bought mine also liao! Yahoo!
See you guys in game too!

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
diablo series name is much "bigger" than guild war series.

I'm not surprised if there are many people never heard of guild wars.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.