HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Gaming] Official Guild Wars 2 Thread [No Sales of items or currency!]

Like Tree406Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #181
Master Member

Please take note of the place where u buy

Yes. To play from North America you must purchase a North American copy of the game. To play from Europe you must purchase a European copy of the game. Note that this restriction impacts where you can play from, not which game worlds you can choose to play on.

By purchasing the correct copy of the game, you're supporting the game in your country, and you'll be connecting to your local data center, using your local customer support team, and downloading the correct language support for your country.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #182
Supremacy Member

If you don't have a GW 1 account there is no need to link, just create a new GW 2 account will do. The linking is just to transfer Hall of Monuments achievements in GW 1 over to GW 2.
Thanks!

10gw
Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #183
Master Member

Just linked my gw1 acct to gw2 as well. Game client will be available shortly, in days? lol
majora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #184
Supremacy Member

I wonder whether we will face lag issues here in Singapore. US server after all....

Anyone played NCsoft games that can comment?
I've play aion on siel server, ping is usually around 200ms plus, didn't really go abyss for pvp so not sure about pvp reaction part.
But normal gameplay wise np.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #185
Supremacy Member

Just linked my gw1 acct to gw2 as well. Game client will be available shortly, in days? lol
Read on twitter they will inform again :

For those of you wondering/panicking you're not currently able to download a game client, we will let you know when (Beta) you can ^AT
Old 10-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #186
Master Member

I wonder whether we will face lag issues here in Singapore. US server after all....

Anyone played NCsoft games that can comment?
I will still log into gw1 and play, i see no issue with the delay currently
majora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #187

I will still log into gw1 and play, i see no issue with the delay currently
Yep I don't face lag often with GW 1 as well. But then again I think they had data centres in Asia for GW1 though...remembered reading it somewhere...
fumikasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #188
Master Member

any1 went to Australia site to pre-purchase?
Old 10-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #189
Supremacy Member

guys, the digital edition is what? pay and can dl to play le?
r0t1prata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #190

guys, the digital edition is what? pay and can dl to play le?
Buy it, get a code for beta-access in your email, use it at register.guildwars2.com and register a new GW 2 account for beta.

Then wait for Arenanet to email you the link to download the game client for the upcoming beta starting end of April. The game client is still not available for download as of now.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #191
Supremacy Member

Buy it, get a code for beta-access in your email, use it at register.guildwars2.com and register a new GW 2 account for beta.

Then wait for Arenanet to email you the link to download the game client for the upcoming beta starting end of April. The game client is still not available for download as of now.
cool, oh yah i was reading the faqs and there was this sentence, anyone knows what they are talking about?
I ordered one of the digital editions. How will I obtain the final manual for Guild Wars 2?

Final documentation for Guild Wars 2 will be available on our Web site at launch.
source: Game FAQ | Guild Wars 2
Old 10-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #192

cool, oh yah i was reading the faqs and there was this sentence, anyone knows what they are talking about?

source: Game FAQ | Guild Wars 2
For digital editions of the games there wouldn't be any physical items, including the manuals that comes in the DVD box with games whenever we buy them. Instead what we can download is the digital copy of the manual. That's what they're referring to.

Probably just a PDF consisting of some background lore of GW2 as well as a guide to the UI elements for the interface and keyboard shortcuts sorta stuff. What you normally see in game manuals.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #193
Supremacy Member

For digital editions of the games there wouldn't be any physical items, including the manuals that comes in the DVD box with games whenever we buy them. Instead what we can download is the digital copy of the manual. That's what they're referring to.

Probably just a PDF consisting of some background lore of GW2 as well as a guide to the UI elements for the interface and keyboard shortcuts sorta stuff. What you normally see in game manuals.
thanks again for clarifying my doubts
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #194
Master Member

So little people here
From all the footage around, GW2 seem to be much more impressive than D3 to me leh, although I'll still probably get D3 too.
chronorec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #195

any1 went to Australia site to pre-purchase?
Doesn't work, they don't ship over here. I tried already.
Phiphosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.