HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Gaming] Official Guild Wars 2 Thread [No Sales of items or currency!]

Like Tree407Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #256

Cool

the more the merrier. i got both.
I got both. Already plotted my schedule and play time on both games.
ryker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #257
Greater Supremacy Member

GameStop didn't require me to fax anything over.. I think it is random.. some are required to while some are not required to..
i shall try again. just pre order from gamestop. if they require me to fax statement card i gave up. I only trust US and UK retailer. Zaavi got poor reputation of handling and shipping. they also lost items frequently.

left gamestop and amazon but amazon doesn't have CE.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #258

No, they didn't require me to fax anything over. The official pre-purchase only opened yesterday around 3PM GMT+8. Regarding you case, you have to check with GameStop. I made my purchase last night and got the "pre-purchase" code to register this morning.
Thanks, I emailed them to find out if they received my fax and if my account is now verified. If only they worked 24/7, then I'd have a bit more comfort about whether my order went through.
doomgaze86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #259
Master Member

cool! thinking should i buy this game a not! i already hooted d3
Official release date of guild wars 2 should still be some time away so you can probably still focus on d3 while playing gw2 during the beta weekends which should be only once or at most twice a month.

Besides gameplay is quite different for the two, D3 is more of small party battles, getting pwned by bosses in the new inferno difficulty and some pvp which isn't up yet. In gw2 you get to have large scale battles in both PvP and PvE, positioning in battles also become more important when you can jump and dodge in a 3d terrain. Though the difficulty should probably be lesser than that of D3 endgame, save for some of the Elite areas

Also, personally for me when comparing D2 to GW1, I find that most of the time in D2 PvE is just MF and farming bosses for items, where I simply focus on getting the items. But in GW1 I actually enjoy the process of fighting through the Elite areas, even if I don't get anything at all.

Yes I'm a GW fanboy, but I've played Diablo since I was in primary school and gonna get 3 too.
chronorec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #260
Master Member

hmm alot of gw 1 ppl here.

No $$ to buy gw 1 when i was young but seen before my frens play it

brought both D3 and GW2 just waiting for it to be out
Old 11-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #261
Supremacy Member

cool! thinking should i buy this game a not! i already hooted d3
diam la dxg, u already got the fweeling to hoot CE....
Old 11-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #262
Arch-Supremacy Member

diam la dxg, u already got the fweeling to hoot CE....
hou mai god! chiu know me. but CE for GW2 is damn freaking expensive. might just hoot the digital deluxe version. got elite summon dog spell!
Old 11-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #263
Master Member

hou mai god! chiu know me. but CE for GW2 is damn freaking expensive. might just hoot the digital deluxe version. got elite summon dog spell!
lol I think the mistfire wolf only good at the start to haolian when others haven't got their elite skill yet. Most of the other stuff in the deluxe are just one use or temporary leh
chronorec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #264
Master Member

hmm alot of gw 1 ppl here.

No $$ to buy gw 1 when i was young but seen before my frens play it

brought both D3 and GW2 just waiting for it to be out
I bought gw1 from steam last year during summer sales, darn cheap, got more than 50% discount. So I build up my hall of monument points along the way loh, now got 31/50 so all the items are unlocked for me. Anyway hall of monuments is coming back in gw2, and it can be visited by other ppl if they are in ur party
majora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #265
Supremacy Member

For a game without monthly sub, I feel the price is ok lah
Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #266
Greater Supremacy Member

Metal box not some cheap ass card box.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #267

just a quick question.

etc: let's say if me and my friend wanna play, do we just purchase 1x digital edition and both of us can play?

or we both have to purchase 2x digital edition?
Fordisplayonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #268

just a quick question.

etc: let's say if me and my friend wanna play, do we just purchase 1x digital edition and both of us can play?

you'll need to buy 2 x digital edition
raylite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #269
Master Member

just a quick question.

If only buy 1 x digital, only one of u can log in at any one time. But 2 and u two can play together. As simple as that
majora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #270

lol I think the mistfire wolf only good at the start to haolian when others haven't got their elite skill yet. Most of the other stuff in the deluxe are just one use or temporary leh
The MistFire Wolf is a Level 30 wolf, I don't think can use from the start though. Else the first part of the game no kick liao. I remember seeing a tweet ANet replied saying can only use after Level 30.
fumikasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.