HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Gaming] Official Guild Wars 2 Thread [No Sales of items or currency!]

Like Tree406Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #16

Ahhhh been waiting for this topic, me and 14 of my friends have been waiting for this GW2 since last year! It's nice to see that there are also some people here interested in this game. I hope we can all be together in one server so we can play together at the WvWvW!
revilo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

What is Guild Wars like? I played WoW, Rift and SWTOR, but got bored very quickly. It's all just kill x of x, collect x of x...
snipes14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #18
High Supremacy Member

guess my schedule will be

Mon: WOW
Tues: GW2
Wed-Thur: WOW
Fri-Sat:GW2
Sun: Rest

KWSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #19
Master Member

What is Guild Wars like? I played WoW, Rift and SWTOR, but got bored very quickly. It's all just kill x of x, collect x of x...
Dynamic events where u don't have to 'fight' with other players for the same quest monsters. And also underwater combat
majora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #20
Master Member

Old 22-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #21

Well gameplay in GW2 would be much different then other current MMORPGs out there. E.G Walking about in the world, town on fire you decide to help and put out fire. If you succeed you get rewards and experience the town remembers your deed and other quest lines or stuffs open up. E.G Walking about in the world, town on fire you decide to help and put out fire. But before you could the town burns to the ground you still get abit of experience for trying to help and a whole new quest line unlocks. Cheers hope this clarifies atleast abit the game offers much much more then this!
RIp~Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 12:51 AM   #22
Supremacy Member

Dynamic events where u don't have to 'fight' with other players for the same quest monsters. And also underwater combat
Well gameplay in GW2 would be much different then other current MMORPGs out there. E.G Walking about in the world, town on fire you decide to help and put out fire. If you succeed you get rewards and experience the town remembers your deed and other quest lines or stuffs open up. E.G Walking about in the world, town on fire you decide to help and put out fire. But before you could the town burns to the ground you still get abit of experience for trying to help and a whole new quest line unlocks. Cheers hope this clarifies atleast abit the game offers much much more then this!
Sounds good. I was getting really sick of the repetitive gameplay of the MMOs I used to play. Plus the no-subscription fee thing is a winner. I will go check it out. Thanks for the feedback guys.
Old 22-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #23

Sounds good. I was getting really sick of the repetitive gameplay of the MMOs I used to play. Plus the no-subscription fee thing is a winner. I will go check it out. Thanks for the feedback guys.
Just like to add some more here. Guild Wars 2's role playing is like creating your own story in the game, you get to choose everything that you want. The is no healer, DPS or tank class in this game you can pretty much build your class in the way that you like. Example is like for warriors who are usually DPS class, you can build them as a support class where they have this shout skills which buffs and heals allies. One more thing is, you don't have to spend 20 - 30 days grinding so you can enjoy the end game pvp because in Guild Wars 2, you get "side kicked" to max level and are given necessary equipments once you enter the PVP grounds so you can still be on par with other players.
Old 22-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #24
Master Member

Just like to add some more here. Guild Wars 2's role playing is like creating your own story in the game, you get to choose everything that you want. The is no healer, DPS or tank class in this game you can pretty much build your class in the way that you like. Example is like for warriors who are usually DPS class, you can build them as a support class where they have this shout skills which buffs and heals allies. One more thing is, you don't have to spend 20 - 30 days grinding so you can enjoy the end game pvp because in Guild Wars 2, you get "side kicked" to max level and are given necessary equipments once you enter the PVP grounds so you can still be on par with other players.
Well explained here! Every class has their own healing skills. If you wanna play all the different story, you have to create 60 characters lol.
Old 22-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #25
Supremacy Member

That actually sounds a bit like SWTOR, where everyone is "buffed" to level 49 for PVP. However you still only have the skills you had, ie if you are actually level 20 you would not have the skills that are unlocked at level 45.

The last MMO I really enjoyed was rift. Was it was also the kill x of x type, it did have certain innovations. I think the class system of rift is similar to what you mentioned. Each main class has several sub-classes, and you can use 3 of these sub-classes at the same time.
Old 22-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #26

In GW2 ... Is there way i can destroy & kill villagers and let others help them..

That would awesome story.. Joe the destroyer Lol:p
JoeMihar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #27
Supremacy Member

Been waiting for this for a long time.... hope they allow carryovers from GW1.
Jhyun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #28

I heard you can only carry over your characters name so it will be reserve for you and I think some of the achievements too. Got to double check those
Old 22-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #29
Supremacy Member

Time to sms my old guildies....
Jhyun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #30
Master Member

The only things u can bring over are your character names as well as hall of monuments rewards. Those rewards may not be end game items but they will definitely help u along the way while we are still low level. So anybody here gotten 30 points for HOM liao? I just gotten it months ago

Last edited by majora; 22-03-2012 at 06:08 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.