HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Gaming] Official Guild Wars 2 Thread [No Sales of items or currency!]

Like Tree406Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #91
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the replies. Dont know if i should get a new rig just for it or not..
r0t1prata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #92
Master Member

Yes gw2 is a casual game, but I'm sure it has long term goals aka reward titles. Some titles can only be earn easily during special like winter day, Halloween etc. while other may need some skills such as the survival title(earn few thousand number of exp without dying) and pvp delicated titles. For those who play gw1, I'm sure u know a lot of time is needed to obtain the title 'god walking amongst mere mortals' some will even take years..
majora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #93
Supremacy Member

What race and class u guys will get first and why? asura elite skill seems decent..
Old 05-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #94

probably Sylvari female Thief for me . looks sexy!
Newbie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #95
Master Member

Is my copy of Guild Wars 2 tied to my region?

Yes. To play from North America you must purchase a North American copy of the game. To play from Europe you must purchase a European copy of the game. Note that this restriction impacts where you can play from, not which game worlds you can choose to play on.

By purchasing the correct copy of the game, you're supporting the game in your country, and you'll be connecting to your local data center, using your local customer support team, and downloading the correct language support for your country.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #96

Yes. To play from North America you must purchase a North American copy of the game. To play from Europe you must purchase a European copy of the game. Note that this restriction impacts where you can play from, not which game worlds you can choose to play on.

By purchasing the correct copy of the game, you're supporting the game in your country, and you'll be connecting to your local data center, using your local customer support team, and downloading the correct language support for your country.
Or..you could just purchase the digital copy from Arenanet™ themselves.
For those pre-purchasing on April 10. I think that's just a key and you download
game pack directly from their client servers.
RIp~Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #97
Supremacy Member

So which one are you guys getting? the North-American copy?
Old 06-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #98
Master Member

So which one are you guys getting? the North-American copy?
auto one bro, we should be directed to the NA server if we purchase from here. or who knows that might be an asia server as well

Last edited by majora; 06-04-2012 at 10:32 PM..
Old 06-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #99

anyone gonna pre-purchase the digital version 59.90 this 10th april? No local distributor for the game so far right..?
raylite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #100
Supremacy Member

Yap im.gona pre-purchase on the 10th.

Just hope that every zone is big enough so I won't feel so bored. I hate small and linear world.
Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #101

guys lets add each other on facebook.. i got none of my friends playing GW2, lets be friends . add me up https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=714959579
Newbie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #102

You can link me the source you took it from ?
Cause what if I move to another country I have to buy GW2 all over again ?
Quite contradicting what your saying.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #103

You can link me the source you took it from ?
Cause what if I move to another country I have to buy GW2 all over again ?
Quite contradicting what your saying.
Here are some... | Facebook

helping the dude above...
quote from the fb post above...
Finally, we are aware that a lot of our players travel, and we are looking into a solution for you.

basically if u move, yes u need to buy another copy
Old 06-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #104
Master Member

Thanks fantasy87 for giving the source, I forgot to cite in my earlier post sorry. And as of now, yes if u move out of your 'zone of purchase', u might have to buy a new copy. But i believe it's not country by country, most probably it's like from moving from SEA country to the non SEA country like UK. I may be wrong though.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #105

Thanks..So to clarify this (the above facebook message) only matters to NA and EU. Cause SG and all other Non-European
countries fall under NA.
So far I have read, Arenanet have not said anything about SEA in different servers or so forth.
Cause I would be playing with my mates from Aus and NZ from SG, therefore this thing is like abit tricky and hassle. Hope GW2 goes without a hitch.

Last edited by RIp~Shan; 06-04-2012 at 09:12 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.