HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Diablo 3 Thread - Part 16

Like Tree371Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2015, 07:39 PM   #1831

mindless grindng without trading is just... boring..
Bo bian, can trade means can p2w
jimlwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2015, 07:47 PM   #1832
High Supremacy Member

i am playing HS actively, and i honestly think, HS may not have generated them as much income as d3 as of now, but the potential is way higher.

given that HS follows WoW lore, there's way too many expansions and raids that they can release. not to mention that HS is currently the first and most successful online TCG (imo). it's a breakthrough for this genre of games. old school TCG like MTG earns from sales of the booster packs and some cards are worth alot in real value (e.g. black lotus). however, since it uses real cards, it is very inconvenient to have a good match due to difference in locations. game meta also changes slowly because there's lesser amount of games played.

in addition, the computing and development behind a TCG will be way more easy than an ARPG, be it graphics, debugging, etc etc.

i believe the big bulk of income from d3 was actually the vanilla release (big big hype from the long wait since d2) coupled with the RMAH back then... ever since, they removed the RMAH (bad choice imo), they have lost the income to continually earn from the said developed game. it became a one-time ROI instead of a recurring ROI.

if we take into account the new age gaming community, players nowadays prefer to play something, for extended periods of time that requires a certain level of skill, instead of mindless walking/farming/shooting etc etc etc.

in time to come, HS will definitely catch up with blizz on income value imo...
Rmah is because of the tax office coming after them

MianBaoFren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2015, 09:17 AM   #1833

Bo bian, can trade means can p2w
And why is trading p2w?
Old 21-08-2015, 10:40 AM   #1834

And why is trading p2w?
Cos ppl can just buy? Can have 3rd party programs or forums to facilitate which leads to more botting.
Old 21-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #1835

Cos ppl can just buy? Can have 3rd party programs or forums to facilitate which leads to more botting.
But the RMT is usually only applied to the minority of a market. People are botting in D3 right now even when there is no trading market. RMT exists even in the vacuum of D3, I see people selling their accounts of gg gear.

The people who pay money for gear is usually the minority of the market, and these people will always find a way, trading doesn't increase/decrease rmt.
Old 21-08-2015, 01:16 PM   #1836

But the RMT is usually only applied to the minority of a market. People are botting in D3 right now even when there is no trading market. RMT exists even in the vacuum of D3, I see people selling their accounts of gg gear.

The people who pay money for gear is usually the minority of the market, and these people will always find a way, trading doesn't increase/decrease rmt.
With the amount of ppl playing d3, no surprise the RMT will turn to majority of players. Think back when trading was active, so many gold spammer, websites, heck.. even fb also got rmt for d3..

Botting will be worse than it is now. Sell account then I nthg to say. But if trading is active now, all is take is one solid website to facilitate trading and boom.. p2w.

Last edited by jimlwk; 21-08-2015 at 02:37 PM..
Old 21-08-2015, 01:46 PM   #1837
Arch-Supremacy Member

for those with nostagia
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfU2sreNtdQ
Old 21-08-2015, 02:49 PM   #1838

With the amount of ppl playing d3, no surprise the RMT will turn to majority of players. Think back when trading was active, so many gold spammer, websites, heck.. even fb also got rmt for d3..

Botting will be worse than it is now. Sell account then I nthg to say. But if trading is active now, all is take is one solid website to facilitate trading and boom.. p2w.
The same can be said for almost any game with a functioning economy though. That said, if you're not participating in the highest end of the economy for trading, I don't think you are really affected.
Old 21-08-2015, 03:35 PM   #1839

The same can be said for almost any game with a functioning economy though. That said, if you're not participating in the highest end of the economy for trading, I don't think you are really affected.
Sadly, I am leaderboard player so can't accept p2w players in leaderboard. Can't imagine my end game to be spamming trade chat and eyeing for gd deals to flip and stuff. tt's not playing imo.
Old 21-08-2015, 03:58 PM   #1840

Sadly, I am leaderboard player so can't accept p2w players in leaderboard. Can't imagine my end game to be spamming trade chat and eyeing for gd deals to flip and stuff. tt's not playing imo.
Nobody likes RMT too, but it seems like people enjoyed that feature in vanilla Diablo 3. Sometimes will see people nostalgia they sold some item for US$250 on the RMAH. I don't think there is a single company that managed to fight the RMT problems outside of the game sadly...
Old 21-08-2015, 06:09 PM   #1841

Nobody likes RMT too, but it seems like people enjoyed that feature in vanilla Diablo 3. Sometimes will see people nostalgia they sold some item for US$250 on the RMAH. I don't think there is a single company that managed to fight the RMT problems outside of the game sadly...
Haha, I also earned a good $300 USD from rmah but i wasnt playing, I was sniping for deals.. Many ppl can think back about their gd deals but overall, they do agree with Blizz restrictions on trading.

As long as trading dont lead to p2w, I dun mind.. Something like WoW would be gd..
Old 21-08-2015, 06:36 PM   #1842
Master Member

if u wan something that is more pvp oriented.. U shldnt be playing d3... Just saying..
silverwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2015, 06:38 PM   #1843

Sorry if I am off topic a little. Somehow I feel how long can Blizz sustain with season mode play. Or is Blizz planning for another Expan Pac..?
Wyvern8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2015, 06:43 PM   #1844
High Supremacy Member

Sorry if I am off topic a little. Somehow I feel how long can Blizz sustain with season mode play. Or is Blizz planning for another Expan Pac..?
actually season isn't bad but it's getting way too long. 3 months is fine but i doubt their development team is given enough funds to churn out interesting stuff every 3 months.

an expac is definitely in their plans. but dun count on it being well received unless it is able to bring in fresh features and fix the many problems in the game.
MianBaoFren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #1845

S3 coming to an end. Anyone want to.do gr 7,8 with me. Want to beat these guys lol. Need wiz & nat dh. http://www.diabloii.net/blog/comment...er-rift-videos

Last edited by myxpdc; 23-08-2015 at 09:24 PM..
myxpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.