HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Star Citizen / Squadron 42 / EDGE Foundation Asia Fleet

Like Tree524Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #151
Master Member

Your idea got very flawed logic. Everyone need to start somewhere. Imagine subscribe it and the most you can start is sitting in other ppl base ship and slowly earn credit being a turret gunner?. Wow its going to take forever to earn credit. Or you intend everyone to start with a big trading ship? Space to put your drones? No need space? How much each ship cost? Or everyone atart as FPS then slowly owning a ship then can buy bigger ship to buy drones and your little avatar to start trading?

Or everyone start with owning their own model big or small sepending on their capability so they can do anything they want with it be it military or mercenary.
i think u dun understand what i'm proposing... u still start with a fighter, or whatever ship base on the occupation you choose... the difference is not how u play the game... the difference is the underlying concept of the game... if the game is still based on physical pilot in the cockpit as per current era, it will lead to alot of paradox and un-realism...
Old 20-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #152
High Supremacy Member

i think u dun understand what i'm proposing... u still start with a fighter, or whatever ship base on the occupation you choose... the difference is not how u play the game... the difference is the underlying concept of the game... if the game is still based on physical pilot in the cockpit as per current era, it will lead to alot of paradox and un-realism...
Care to explain your logic? Care to explain more details of your concept? What kind of paradox and realism? The thing is having being able to see the pilot moving into the cockpit and manuver frm inside is what the developer trying to sell or moving around your pilot outside the base walking around is what makes me interested instead of usual. If i wanna a drone and just control everything remotely. I might as well play galaxy on fire 2 on my phone?

Last edited by Repsol_2; 20-11-2012 at 07:53 PM..
Repsol_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #153
High Supremacy Member

just a game, nose need to argue one.

but looks good, maybe will buy in 2014, and go around raiding conoys nia.
twinings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #154
Master Member

then for bigger ships.. capital class etc.. how does remotely work?

for smaller fighters i think remotely can.. but bigger one?
capital class ships are a bit different... because they tend to be less likely to be destroyed, they could be piloted physically, or by proxy (avatar). i'm not sure how the UI will look like for capital ships for this game, but it could be like your typical first person shooter. or perhaps even like a typical strategy game concept (assuming u are the commander of the ship), or something similar to Star Trek Online.
Old 20-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #155
Great Supremacy Member

capital class ships are a bit different... because they tend to be less likely to be destroyed, they could be piloted physically, or by proxy (avatar). i'm not sure how the UI will look like for capital ships for this game, but it could be like your typical first person shooter. or perhaps even like a typical strategy game concept (assuming u are the commander of the ship), or something similar to Star Trek Online.
i see interesting...

maybe can feedback to developer.. but i think now they already so far inside.. don't think will change..unless something happens..

i think alot also prefer pilot inside..

Last edited by halocast; 20-11-2012 at 07:58 PM..
halocast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #156
High Supremacy Member

Hmmm like that sounds like its no longer fun to play with leh. Bigger ship need guild with many ppl co-op to man the ship sounds more fun. So not any individual can own these ship. If everyone can own it with money then its gonna be strategy game. Just one person on the big ship and the rest AI.

Then some can park their fighter or ship in the cruizer to man the ship while some continue as fighter as part of the alliance fleet. This is the concept which i prefer.

Last edited by Repsol_2; 20-11-2012 at 08:01 PM..
Old 20-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #157
Master Member

Care to explain your logic? Care to explain more details of your concept? What kind of paradox and realism? The thing is having being able to see the pilot moving into the cockpit and manuver frm inside is what the developer trying to sell or moving around your pilot outside the base walking around is what makes me interested instead of usual. If i wanna a drone and just control everything remotely. I might as well play galaxy on fire 2 on my phone?
i already explained the concept in my previous post. as for the realism, very simple. imagine 500 years down the road. would ppl still send humans out into space to fight battles? the risks and dangers are huge. even now, u are starting to see UAVs and remote controlled planes. it's only a matter of time before physical pilots become obsolete. the risk of losing a human life is too great and if the pilot ejects, you still have to go recover him. and what happens when you die in game? respawn like all other games? is that realistic? or re-clone? then how does that tie in with the lost memory? how to retain the experience earned during the last failed battle?

to create a realistic game, we have to think realistically. furthermore, what value does a physical pilot have over a remotely controlled one, apart from the animation of climbing into the cockpit? it's no difference from an animation of the "pilot" stepping out of the simulation cockpit and controlling the character like an FPS. using physical pilots is not realistic unless it is absolutely necessary for a physical body to be present.
Old 20-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #158
High Supremacy Member

Yeah man, i still prefer physical pilot over drones. Kill off drones. Neways lucky they dont come up with your concept else i wont be getting this game.
Old 20-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #159
Master Member

Hmmm like that sounds like its no longer fun to play with leh. Bigger ship need guild with many ppl co-op to man the ship sounds more fun. So not any individual can own these ship. If everyone can own it with money then its gonna be strategy game. Just one person on the big ship and the rest AI.

Then some can park their fighter or ship in the cruizer to man the ship while some continue as fighter as part of the alliance fleet. This is the concept which i prefer.
can lah, everyone has their own preferences... for me, i prefer realism... if controlling capital ships require more ppl to guild, then so be it... that's what it takes to control such a magnificent ship... ppl have to work for it, and earn their ranks to become senior officers or captain etc. otherwise, everyone will want to own a capital class ship...

i prefer a game that is more like an eco-system, rather than one-man-one-ship... not realistic
Old 20-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #160
Master Member

i see interesting...

maybe can feedback to developer.. but i think now they already so far inside.. don't think will change..unless something happens..

i think alot also prefer pilot inside..
as i explained, pilot inside or pilot remotely, UI no difference at all... the difference is the realism. with pilot inside, u need to think about re-spawning / cloning etc... with pilot remotely, it is more in tune with real world concerns, and increases game dynamics
Old 20-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #161
Great Supremacy Member

as i explained, pilot inside or pilot remotely, UI no difference at all... the difference is the realism. with pilot inside, u need to think about re-spawning / cloning etc... with pilot remotely, it is more in tune with real world concerns, and increases game dynamics
not sure about the respawning / cloning.. no info yet.. see what the developers gotta say about that.
halocast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #162
Master Member

not sure about the respawning / cloning.. no info yet.. see what the developers gotta say about that.
ya... so far can only infer from the video... but i cringe every time i see movies like star wars or battlestar galatica loading pilots into fighter crafts and send them out to battle... i mean, human supply is limited afterall... and losing a pilot is not just losing a man, but all his skills and experience goes with it as well, i mean, realistically speaking...

but i'm also curious what is the interface going to be like for those starships.... actually my dream game is to combine all genres into one huge game... simulation + FPS + strategy + role playing + life sim (e.g. the Sims)...
Old 20-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #163
Supremacy Member

Looks good!

Chris Roberts is using Saitek X52pro. My X65f will be waiting to pwn his ass
JoePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #164
Supremacy Member

I suppose there is headtracking with 6DOF? Won't play without it!
JoePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #165
Arch-Supremacy Member

Pilot roster has been updated. Please check and let me know if I made any mistakes.

Facebook group is also growing!
Star Citizen (Asia & Oceania)

And the amount raised is now:
$6,448,786!!!

Please the latest update from RSI - Pledge & Grace Period

tl;dr: for those who registered before end of pledging - you will still be able to purchase your ships/packages with lifetime insurance - till the 26th Nov 2012! this rule does not apply to accounts registered after the pledge ended.

some add-on ships are only available for lifetime insurance during this period. if you're still interested in getting those ships, this is probably your only chance to get it. all the best!
Pyre is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.