HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Star Citizen / Squadron 42 / EDGE Foundation Asia Fleet

Like Tree524Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #751

What's the system requirements of this game?
Pyre likes this.
tuzantar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #752
Arch-Supremacy Member

What's the system requirements of this game?
still up in the air, but Crysis 3 would be a good present day requirement to meet.

if you really want the best, expect at least 4K display to be in your gaming setup.

afterall, this video was real-time, in-game gfx @ 4K (source file was over 1GB in size))
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #753

still up in the air, but Crysis 3 would be a good present day requirement to meet.

if you really want the best, expect at least 4K display to be in your gaming setup.

afterall, this video was real-time, in-game gfx @ 4K (source file was over 1GB in size))
Looks like i have to upgrade my pc.but eventually this game will be released in cd or download only?
tuzantar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #754
Arch-Supremacy Member

Looks like i have to upgrade my pc.but eventually this game will be released in cd or download only?
Edit: as far as I know, there's no CD version. there is a USB thumb drive that contains the game for the physical packages. So download will be primary way of getting the game. the advantages of getting the game early has been written here:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/80791609-post471.html

Do consider pledging early because there are advantages, especially if you want to play the MMO portion together with friends.

Last edited by Pyre; 03-11-2013 at 03:56 PM..
Old 03-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #755

Ive just pledged for a package that includes the 325 origin fighter. But... Where do I go to find a backer that is reliable enough to help me convert to a LTI?

Oh...and if I wanna change to another ship, can this be 'pledged' separately? Or do I need to make a whole new pledge again?
Pyre likes this.
Abram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #756
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ive just pledged for a package that includes the 325 origin fighter. But... Where do I go to find a backer that is reliable enough to help me convert to a LTI?

Oh...and if I wanna change to another ship, can this be 'pledged' separately? Or do I need to make a whole new pledge again?
sorry but what do you mean by your 2nd paragraph? as in you want to upgrade to a better ship by reclaiming the 325a package? or getting a separate package?

if you trust us, i or one of our designated fleet volunteers can do it for u. personally i've done the conversion for quite a number of fleet members from HWZ as well.

at the same time if you're interested in a fleet, ours is here:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustrie...rnational-edge (if you don't want to join is fine, we'll still do the conversion for you)

register @ http://goo.gl/yyd18
Old 03-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #757

You don't have to put in fresh funds to change ships if that is what you're asking, but you do need a basic pledge package to get game/alpha/beta.
Pyre likes this.
Novalogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #758
Arch-Supremacy Member

You don't have to put in fresh funds to change ships if that is what you're asking, but you do need a basic pledge package to get game/alpha/beta.
and all additional ships can be obtained in-game. so it is not necessary to purchase more than the initial pledge package.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #759
Arch-Supremacy Member

It looks like the Hornet launch couldn’t end without one final stretch goal unlocked! Our backers have hit the incredible $26 million mark, which enables us to expand the capital ship mechanics in Star Citizen.

- Enhanced Capital Ship Systems – In addition to the command and control systems we’ve already outlined, we’re going to expand capital ship functions! Lead a damage control team to fight fires and repair key systems during battle, control internal bulkheads to slow boarders and man a number of consoles, like navigation and engineering, that will make commanding a capital ship feel even more immersive.

In honor of this goal, I’d like to share the very first in-engine shots of the Idris corvette’s interior, showing the hangar bay and engine room. The design team is very eager to get to work on expanding capital ship interactivity; we have some new ideas about how to make crews interesting and can’t wait to try them out.

For the $28 million stretch goal, we have something we’re very excited about here at Cloud Imperium: a second option for your Star Citizen starter ship! Here’s the goal:

New Starter Ship – The team at Consolidated Outland has decided to take Roberts Space Industries head on in 2944 by premiering the Mustang personal spacecraft. We will use these additional resources to create another ship company and starter ship for Star Citizen. The new ship will be offered for sale alongside the Aurora, so players have a choice between two options to begin the game!

Founded by maverick trillionaire Silas Koerner, Consolidated Outland is an up-and-coming spacecraft concern, the first ever headquartered on a frontier world. Koerner, who made his sizable fortune in jump-communications, founded the company as an attempt to strike back at what he sees as the overly-regulated spacecraft industry. With facilities established as far from possible from the prying eyes of competing corporations, Outland is quickly becoming one to watch.

After finding initial success with spacecraft conversion kits, Outland is now ready to run with the big boys: the new Mustang spacecraft line is preparing to go into mass production is priced to compete with Roberts Space Industries’ Aurora. Using newly-developed construction techniques and ultralight material alloys sometimes considered unsafe, the Mustang pushes power ratios to the limit. The result is a sleek, stylish spacecraft that weighs less than the Aurora and has more options for engines and thrusters… at the expense of some stability, weapons hardpoints and cargo capacity.

The Mustang isn’t planned as a replacement for the Aurora, it’s another option that may better suit some play-styles. Want a reliable personal starship? Go with the Aurora. Want something with a little more power, at the expense of cargo? Try the Mustang!

We plan to assign a top concept artist to develop the look of the Mustang… and, as always, you’ll follow the whole process! When it’s ready, we’ll make Mustang packages available in the pledge store; users who prefer the new ship to the base Aurora will be able to make the switch at no cost (LTI will transfer, where applicable.) New players will be able to start the game with a significant choice, increasing immersion all the more!

The additional funding that backers are providing let’s us secure the resources to build ships, planets and systems that go beyond the original budget… but not the original vision. Thank you for helping make Star Citizen all that much better, with more immersion and more choices that will allow players to shape their experiences.

— Chris Roberts
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...man-26-Million
Old 04-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #760
Arch-Supremacy Member

To all new pilots over the weekend, welcome aboard EDGE Foundation!

It looks like the Hornet launch couldn’t end without one final stretch goal unlocked! Our backers have hit the incredible $26 million mark, which enables us to expand the capital ship mechanics in Star Citizen.

- Enhanced Capital Ship Systems – In addition to the command and control systems we’ve already outlined, we’re going to expand capital ship functions! Lead a damage control team to fight fires and repair key systems during battle, control internal bulkheads to slow boarders and man a number of consoles, like navigation and engineering, that will make commanding a capital ship feel even more immersive.

In honor of this goal, I’d like to share the very first in-engine shots of the Idris corvette’s interior, showing the hangar bay and engine room. The design team is very eager to get to work on expanding capital ship interactivity; we have some new ideas about how to make crews interesting and can’t wait to try them out.

For the $28 million stretch goal, we have something we’re very excited about here at Cloud Imperium: a second option for your Star Citizen starter ship! Here’s the goal:

New Starter Ship – The team at Consolidated Outland has decided to take Roberts Space Industries head on in 2944 by premiering the Mustang personal spacecraft. We will use these additional resources to create another ship company and starter ship for Star Citizen. The new ship will be offered for sale alongside the Aurora, so players have a choice between two options to begin the game!

Founded by maverick trillionaire Silas Koerner, Consolidated Outland is an up-and-coming spacecraft concern, the first ever headquartered on a frontier world. Koerner, who made his sizable fortune in jump-communications, founded the company as an attempt to strike back at what he sees as the overly-regulated spacecraft industry. With facilities established as far from possible from the prying eyes of competing corporations, Outland is quickly becoming one to watch.

After finding initial success with spacecraft conversion kits, Outland is now ready to run with the big boys: the new Mustang spacecraft line is preparing to go into mass production is priced to compete with Roberts Space Industries’ Aurora. Using newly-developed construction techniques and ultralight material alloys sometimes considered unsafe, the Mustang pushes power ratios to the limit. The result is a sleek, stylish spacecraft that weighs less than the Aurora and has more options for engines and thrusters… at the expense of some stability, weapons hardpoints and cargo capacity.

The Mustang isn’t planned as a replacement for the Aurora, it’s another option that may better suit some play-styles. Want a reliable personal starship? Go with the Aurora. Want something with a little more power, at the expense of cargo? Try the Mustang!

We plan to assign a top concept artist to develop the look of the Mustang… and, as always, you’ll follow the whole process! When it’s ready, we’ll make Mustang packages available in the pledge store; users who prefer the new ship to the base Aurora will be able to make the switch at no cost (LTI will transfer, where applicable.) New players will be able to start the game with a significant choice, increasing immersion all the more!

The additional funding that backers are providing let’s us secure the resources to build ships, planets and systems that go beyond the original budget… but not the original vision. Thank you for helping make Star Citizen all that much better, with more immersion and more choices that will allow players to shape their experiences.

— Chris Roberts
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...man-26-Million
Old 04-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #761
Arch-Supremacy Member

5040x1050
Old 04-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #762
Arch-Supremacy Member

5040x1050
Old 05-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #763
Arch-Supremacy Member

Greetings Citizens,

Yesterday’s reveal of the Idris hangar and powerplant went over so well that we thought we’d go ahead and showcase an entire gallery of the work being done on the corvette interiors. These screenshots are in-engine renders of the Idris’ main deck engine room and internal hangar. The Idris will be able to carry multiple crewmen with different roles and a small squadron of fighters that can be launched and recovered at any time. The team is currently working on bringing the Idris from concept art (by renowned artist Ryan Church) into the CryEngine… and this is the first result!
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...s-Deck-Gallery

a comparison image:
Old 05-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #764
Arch-Supremacy Member

Greetings Citizens,

Yesterday’s reveal of the Idris hangar and powerplant went over so well that we thought we’d go ahead and showcase an entire gallery of the work being done on the corvette interiors. These screenshots are in-engine renders of the Idris’ main deck engine room and internal hangar. The Idris will be able to carry multiple crewmen with different roles and a small squadron of fighters that can be launched and recovered at any time. The team is currently working on bringing the Idris from concept art (by renowned artist Ryan Church) into the CryEngine… and this is the first result!
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...s-Deck-Gallery

a comparison image:
Old 05-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #765
Arch-Supremacy Member

Some vids from hangar & an old star map vid

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.