[Official] Star Citizen / Squadron 42

shidenx

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 years alot of things can change but hopefully this will be a masterpiece

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Imagine it can be FPS on board the cruiser n next move off to My ship n fly away with loots. Awesome haha

networm

Master Member
Reaction score
i didn't donate, but the potential of this game looks promising...

but i think there's one significant flaw with the game play... why are pilots still physically in the cockpit? if you can play the game by simulating a pilot in the cockpit, then being a futuristic game, wouldn't it be more realistic if the pilots are controlling the fighters from the base ship rather than being physically in the cockpit? this will also address the dilemma of respawning / cloning when the fighter is destroyed.

ship designs and physics will also be radically different if the pilots are controlling the ship remotely, since there won't be any human limits in terms of maneuverability.

Last edited:

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah if control from base ship, not fun already. At least can sit in it even for a interceptor still can do a bit of goods trading. With your plan, the whole game will be limited to within the base ship. Very bad idea for certain craft. They do it this way are more open ended. Can be anything we want with our ship be it big or small. Then want to solo quest also cannot. Need base ship. Lolx super bad idea. Lucky u r not the developer.

Last edited:

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is developed using cryengine latest right?
if so.. lucky they are releasing 2 years later.

:s13:

i think with the base requirements.. and given the amt of polys the ships etc are pushing.
he probably foresee players in 2 years will have the decent machine to handle the gfx etc and can play online with other players without significant lag.

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i didn't donate, but the potential of this game looks promising...

but i think there's one significant flaw with the game play... why are pilots still physically in the cockpit? if you can play the game by simulating a pilot in the cockpit, then being a futuristic game, wouldn't it be more realistic if the pilots are controlling the fighters from the base ship rather than being physically in the cockpit? this will also address the dilemma of respawning / cloning when the fighter is destroyed.

ship designs and physics will also be radically different if the pilots are controlling the ship remotely, since there won't be any human limits in terms of maneuverability.

i think the idea is that u can get better ships and travel elsewhere right? u are not limited by the base ship. no ah? :s11:

networm

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah if control from base ship, not fun already. At least can sit in it even for a interceptor still can do a bit of goods trading. With your plan, the whole game will be limited to within the base ship. Very bad idea for certain craft. They do it this way are more open ended. Can be anything we want with our ship be it big or small. Then want to solo quest also cannot. Need base ship. Lolx super bad idea. Lucky u r not the developer.
must be more open minded and realistic... we cannot limit ourselves to just duplicating current technology (i.e. aircraft carrier + jets) to space. otherwise, might as well just create a simulation game based on current technology.

regarding your concerns, that's where the game dynamics can get interesting! the player will have to consider whether physical presence is necessary in the mission he is trying to complete. in fact, trading does not require your physical presence. just get bots to load your goods into the craft, then send it off to your destination while you control it remotely. where physical interaction if preferred, say on a another distant base ship you could, "loan" an avatar / android from that ship and you can also remotely control it, or even decorate the avatar / android however you want.

to extend this concept even further, you can even control more than 1 ship simultaneously, sending one trading ship to one destination, and sending out another fighter to defend another convoy. Your trading ship can probably be on autopilot for most of its journey, whereas your fighter needs your full and immediate attention. in situations where more than one of your ships need attention, you could call on one of your clan members to control one of them on your behalf, adding another dimension to multi-playing. this way, not only can the game be real-time, you can also co-operate with your clan members in different time zones.

i could go on, but the possibilities are endless... we just have to keep an open mind and look into the future, and not get stuck with the present

networm

Master Member
Reaction score
i think the idea is that u can get better ships and travel elsewhere right? u are not limited by the base ship. no ah? :s11:
even if you're controlling from the base ship, it doesn't stop you from getting better ships, multiple ships, or traveling to remote destinations, either personally, or by proxy (avatar)... it just adds a more realistic dimension to the gameplay

Artermiz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think u can warp to discovered system but u need explore undiscover system.
notch sure how starter ships are able to explore undiscover system.
perhaps ships upgrade can help u

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
must be more open minded and realistic... we cannot limit ourselves to just duplicating current technology (i.e. aircraft carrier + jets) to space. otherwise, might as well just create a simulation game based on current technology.

regarding your concerns, that's where the game dynamics can get interesting! the player will have to consider whether physical presence is necessary in the mission he is trying to complete. in fact, trading does not require your physical presence. just get bots to load your goods into the craft, then send it off to your destination while you control it remotely. where physical interaction if preferred, say on a another distant base ship you could, "loan" an avatar / android from that ship and you can also remotely control it, or even decorate the avatar / android however you want.

to extend this concept even further, you can even control more than 1 ship simultaneously, sending one trading ship to one destination, and sending out another fighter to defend another convoy. Your trading ship can probably be on autopilot for most of its journey, whereas your fighter needs your full and immediate attention. in situations where more than one of your ships need attention, you could call on one of your clan members to control one of them on your behalf, adding another dimension to multi-playing. this way, not only can the game be real-time, you can also co-operate with your clan members in different time zones.

i could go on, but the possibilities are endless... we just have to keep an open mind and look into the future, and not get stuck with the present

I still prefer to have my own cockpit my little plane to fly ard. If wanna shoot frm base. You can go buy turrets at the base ship.

Also question is how the developer going to sell those ship? Everyone co-op buy base ship? Not enough ppl no need to play?

Then the whole game evolve ard the base ship. The game will lose its individuality.

Last edited:

networm

Master Member
Reaction score
I still prefer to have my own cockpit my little plane to fly ard. If wanna shoot frm base. You can go buy turrets at the base ship.

Also question is how the developer going to sell those ship? Everyone co-op buy base ship? Not enough ppl no need to play?

Then the whole game evolve ard the base ship. The game will lose its individuality.
i don't mean shooting from the base i.e. being a turret gunner (although that's also possible). actually there's not much difference from what u currently desire. imagine urself sitting in front of the computer controlling your ship. there's not real pilot right? you're only simulating the pilot. since that's the case, might as well just do away with the physical-pilot-in-the-cockpit concept and just treat it like a real remotely-controlled ship. you will still see the fighting from a first person perspective, as if you're in the cockpit. but by taking away this idea of physical pilot in the cockpit, it adds much more realism to the game and more dynamics

i believe some players control base ships as well... you will just be a resident / citizen on that base ship, and pay taxes like a normal person to maintain the ship. the base ship doesn't really belong to you or your clan, although that is also a possibility

Last edited:

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your idea got very flawed logic. Everyone need to start somewhere. Imagine subscribe it and the most you can start is sitting in other ppl base ship and slowly earn credit being a turret gunner?. Wow its going to take forever to earn credit. Or you intend everyone to start with a big trading ship? Space to put your drones? No need space? How much each ship cost? Or everyone atart as FPS then slowly owning a ship then can buy bigger ship to buy drones and your little avatar to start trading?

Or everyone start with owning their own model big or small sepending on their capability so they can do anything they want with it be it military or mercenary.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.