Best isometric RPGs thread

urbanbootless

Reaction score
Isometric RPGs go way back, almost disappeared and had a huge revival in the last couple of years. My few questions would be:

1. What is the oldest isometric RPG you have played?
  2. What are the best istometric RPGs of all times?
  3. What are the best recent or "to be released" isometric RPGs?

The oldest I played is Fallout 1 released in 1997. Fallout 1$2 sets high standards, lots of dialogue options and meaningful choices, atmosphere is second to none and the lore is so well written it has become a huge brand. Unfortunately, under Bethesda banner.

My best all timers would be: PlaneScape: Torment. Shadowrun: Dragonfall and...probably Tyranny. All of these have twisted and well written narratives, combat tactics are decent and replay value is high. I'd add Fallouts here but these games just get too much attention :p

And recent I would have to ask you. The last I played is Tyranny and Pillars of Eternity. I know Underrail, Atom RPG, Divinity: Original sin enhanced edition are prasied but haven't played them. Please fill this thread with more isometric RPGs!

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.