HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DOTA Auto Chess

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2019, 02:59 PM   #1

Thumbs up DOTA Auto Chess

Just wanna share with everyone an addictive custom DOTA game that i came across. Google or click on the links below to find out more about this awesome game that got so many people hyped for it's unique and amazing gameplay!

http://gamingepic.com/what-is-dota-a...-game-of-2019/

https://technocodex.com/dota-auto-ch...-game-of-2019/

For anyone interested to try it out, all you need to do is download steam, install DOTA 2 and you are good to go
DonDonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 03:11 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

Playing but already kinda burnout from it mainly because end game rewards are meh(collect candy to exchange for courier is pointless) and the ranking system is just stupid. Once you hit bishop rank, playing in public lobbies is one way ticket to losing rank. If you get paired with bunch of knight ranks or lower, you win you gain 1 rank or not at all. You lose then its down rank by alot. I see those china streamers once they hit bishop rank they only play in private lobbies against other bishops or castle ranks so they stand to gain more from winning and less from losing.

Anyway best beginner tip, you can create private lobby to play against AI bots to learn the game mechanics. This is important before you head straight into rank calibration games against actual human players.

Last edited by rECKleSSfElla; 18-01-2019 at 03:41 PM..
rECKleSSfElla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 03:52 PM   #3

I agree the end game rewards are kinda meh. I think the purpose is just to let some players have something to work towards even though it may seem pointless. As for the ranking system, i was surprised they even have one for a custom game. It may not be perfect but i'm sure the creators are working on it to make it better since the game is still very new

Perhaps we should take a different approach towards this game and play the game just because we enjoy playing it. If they implement a better reward or ranking system, it would be a bonus but for now i'm just happy playing it. Take a break bro if you are burned out and i think it will be more fun playing with friends. Cheers~
Old 18-01-2019, 04:11 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Yeah the game itself is definitely fun and quite addictive. It requires a good combination of skill and luck. But at the same time it can be frustrating when you dont get the hero draws you want or keep getting paired against the same powerful opponent in consecutive rounds. Also there are quite a few bugs and weird chess piece interactions which needs ironing out. Hopefully the creator will introduce more heroes and class types in the near future.
rECKleSSfElla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 04:29 PM   #5

There are some strategies involved like synergies between characters, positioning, when to spend gold and etc. At the same time there are also elements of RNG, whether you are offered the pieces you needed, facing the same opponent repeatedly and etc

Sometimes this game reminds me of playing a card game when both decision making and luck comes into play. With the overwhelming response and growing popularity of the game, i'm sure the creators are motivated and excited to make this game even better
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.