HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

(Official Thread) Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - August 27th - $24 Pre-Order!! - Part 2

Like Tree4588Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #1291
Arch-Supremacy Member

Carry ?
Me me me

No carry.. speed run only
saysuzu and hievfeg like this.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #1292
Arch-Supremacy Member

Carry ?
Me me me
Nice meeting skytan13.

Chit chat about FF.
skytan13, saysuzu and hievfeg like this.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #1293

To all the pro tanks here who are experienced in turn 4 in coil, i have a question.

I'm the main tank for my group and I am having some trouble keeping hate on both mobs on wave 2. If i focus too much on the knight, the soldier goes for the healer. If i focus too much on the soldier, the knight will go for the DPS. The DPS are having 3-5 pieces of ilvl 90.

I don't know about wave 5 and beyond as we haven't gotten past that. So, i was wondering if i should up my threat by getting some gryphonskin or rose gold accessories and melding STR or Determination for more damage/threat. I am currently on a max VIT (all bonus 30 points in VIT) build.
Opinions, please.

Here's my setup currently.

Last edited by final1; 06-12-2013 at 11:56 AM..
final1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #1294
Arch-Supremacy Member

CT got no limit so easier to farm gears

CT got loot lock out...once u got your loot, wait for your timer to reset plox.

0:19:40 Q: Will progress be recorded in the Crystal Tower the same way as in the Binding Coil?
A: Progress will not be recorded. However, we'll be updating the Crystal Tower every other patch just like the Binding Coil of Bahamut, and you'll need to clear the Labyrinth of the Ancients that is to be implemented in patch 2.1 in order to take on the next phase in patch 2.3. The areas we implement in patch 2.1 will not have mid-way progress points, so you'll be able to challenge this dungeon without restriction. However, there is a limitation when it comes to receiving gear drops, and once you cast lots and obtain an item, your rights to lot gear will be lost. Once the timer for lotting resets you'll be able to lot on drops again.
To me this means that you will be able to raid many times a week but are only able to obtain 1 item a week per person. This is advantageous to parties wanting equal gear, or if you are looking for something specific. but I can see people rage quitting if they roll on obtain 1 item early only to miss a better item that drops on next boss.
ahbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #1295
Master Member

Bad design. Like developer purposely slowing players progress down
saysuzu likes this.
Auggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #1296
Arch-Supremacy Member

CT no limit as in you can do infinite runs...but u only can loot 1 gear per week lol. Charity run any1????
saysuzu likes this.
ahbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #1297

To all the pro tanks here who are experienced in turn 4 in coil, i have a question.

I'm the main tank for my group and I am having some trouble keeping hate on both mobs on wave 2. If i focus too much on the knight, the soldier goes for the healer. If i focus too much on the soldier, the knight will go for the DPS. The DPS are having 3-5 pieces of ilvl 90.

I don't know about wave 5 and beyond as we haven't gotten past that. So, i was wondering if i should up my threat by getting some gryphonskin or rose gold accessories and melding STR or Determination for more damage/threat. I am currently on a max VIT (all bonus 30 points in VIT) build.
Opinions, please.

Here's my setup currently.
Tell your Caster to get quelling strikes.
saysuzu and avsquare like this.
Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #1298

Opinions, please.

Here's my setup currently.[/URL]
Turn 4, wave 2 (2 solders and 2 knights)

Ensure before wave2 begins, you have close to full mp (1300++)

What i do is use flash, standing between the knight and solider where they pop. Keep flashing till you are out of mp.

Once you run of mp, just use your normal attacking combo to kill the knight till its dead, then switch target to the solider, while the rest of your team go on to kill the Off-tanks's set of knight & solider.
saysuzu likes this.
sunvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #1299
Supremacy Member

Yea, but what u get is inferior to coil..

I rather replace what I can't get with myth..
there is cap for myth.
it's transition gears before we get our myth or coil gears.

CT got loot lock out...once u got your loot, wait for your timer to reset plox.

0:19:40 Q: Will progress be recorded in the Crystal Tower the same way as in the Binding Coil?
A: Progress will not be recorded. However, we'll be updating the Crystal Tower every other patch just like the Binding Coil of Bahamut, and you'll need to clear the Labyrinth of the Ancients that is to be implemented in patch 2.1 in order to take on the next phase in patch 2.3. The areas we implement in patch 2.1 will not have mid-way progress points, so you'll be able to challenge this dungeon without restriction. However, there is a limitation when it comes to receiving gear drops, and once you cast lots and obtain an item, your rights to lot gear will be lost. Once the timer for lotting resets you'll be able to lot on drops again.
To me this means that you will be able to raid many times a week but are only able to obtain 1 item a week per person. This is advantageous to parties wanting equal gear, or if you are looking for something specific. but I can see people rage quitting if they roll on obtain 1 item early only to miss a better item that drops on next boss.
i think if you already get the caster pants, you wont able to roll it again next time if it's drop? which all dungeons already implemented it?
saysuzu likes this.
khroness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #1300
Arch-Supremacy Member

i think if you already get the caster pants, you wont able to roll it again next time if it's drop? which all dungeons already implemented it?
system not that smart. If you happen to dump them to your retainer, you can actually get them.

ran **** load of AK and WP, gundus who open chest but don't roll and sometimes I end up with the item unknowingly, then I realized I have multiple copies of them, one with my inventory one with my retainer.
saysuzu likes this.
avsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #1301
Great Supremacy Member

EDMW FC looking for ppl to do Coil (CoB) Turn 1-3 during weekends..

dont need to be pro.. noobs welcome..

trying to form a grp
LFM DPS.

PM Me
saysuzu likes this.
| Come Play | [COLOR="Orange"][B]Overwatch[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Red"]Singapore[/B][/COLOR] | [B][COLOR="Green"][URL="http://bit.ly/bf1sgFB"]Battlefield 1 SG FB[/URL][/COLOR][/B] | [URL="http://bit.ly/bf1sgDS"]BF1 Discord[/URL] |
[I][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"][FONT="Georgia"]You Only Live Once.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]
[IMG]https://zippy.gfycat.com/RawMagnificentBighorn.gif[/IMG]
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]♔♔ ❤ Eunjung ❤ IU ❤ MinKyung ❤ Dasom ❤ Hani ❤ Choa ❤ Eunha ❤ Woohee ♔♔[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]iP7Plus Gold 128GB - Logitech G930/G700s - ASUS GTX 780Ti-DC2OC - ASUS PCE-AC68 - ASUS RT-AC87U[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/CENTER]

[B][SIZE="1"][RIGHT][COLOR="LemonChiffon"]good bye my beloved doggie(15yo) tat accompanied moi 14yrs, 24.9.11 6.20pm [/COLOR][/RIGHT][/SIZE][/B]
BlueBulb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #1302
Supremacy Member

system not that smart. If you happen to dump them to your retainer, you can actually get them.

ran **** load of AK and WP, gundus who open chest but don't roll and sometimes I end up with the item unknowingly, then I realized I have multiple copies of them, one with my inventory one with my retainer.
it consider as bug hahah
saysuzu likes this.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #1303
High Supremacy Member

Oi...wats ur IGN. If u in party i sure GREED/NEED all the way.

I am those Gundoo lor.

Khroness, i might bug u for a AK run.

saysuzu likes this.

Last edited by skytan13; 06-12-2013 at 03:15 PM..
skytan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #1304
Arch-Supremacy Member

it consider as bug hahah
really ah hahahah IDK thou I just turn them in for seals lmao.
saysuzu likes this.
avsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #1305
Supremacy Member

Oi...wats ur IGN. If u in party i sure GREED/NEED all the way.

I am those Gundoo lor.

Khroness, i might bug u for a AK run.

can, I only once did AK run using my noob tank.. but should be ok
saysuzu likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.