[Acrylic Modding Service] Laser raster engraving and vector cutting

SFFMadness

Master Member
Reaction score
nicholaslee said:
thx bro but i need them to be in coreldraw format before can cut :s13:

Bro,

What I suggest is that you have a ready made template. Anyone keen, can just give you a sketch of their design. Then you make it in coreldraw format and show him the final design. If OK with customer, then can cut liao. This way it will be easier for the customer.

colin78

Banned
Reaction score
80, 92 and 120 are the diameters for the circles/holes, the squares? any exact dimensions or can agar agar? the screw holes/black dots, how big does it need to be? 2mm or 3mm? agar?

colin78

Banned
Reaction score
something said:
coreldraw... can i use adobe illustrator drawn e line and save on jpg format? as i don't know coreldraw...

bro, do u plan on start yr. arcylic fan grill business? :)

btw, can e machine cut aluminium sheet?

harlow, remember me? ;)
iirc, illustrator can save as eps format or something? if can, corel can use then.
you need to cut alum sheets? you have material? what size you need cut?

rapier

Reaction score
CorelDraw can import ai format file.

for the dimension, go here and look under 'Data'.

Last edited:

wanz_gilez

Reaction score
Silverboi said:
Blowhole template already on the sticky in case mod..

Taken from Psynix thread..
blowhole-fantemplates.jpg

Looks like measurement is a bit bigger....

Wanz_gilez :s12:

something

Master Member
Reaction score
SFFMadness said:
Bro,

What I suggest is that you have a ready made template. Anyone keen, can just give you a sketch of their design. Then you make it in coreldraw format and show him the final design. If OK with customer, then can cut liao. This way it will be easier for the customer.
i think what nicholaslee do is just the labour work, don't care about design, if have to do e design or re-design(if customer don't like it), then the price won't be cheap.

design and pass to nicholas then resale at any mod forums, bro. you get e idea? ;)

something

Master Member
Reaction score
colin78 said:
harlow, remember me? ;)
iirc, illustrator can save as eps format or something? if can, corel can use then.
you need to cut alum sheets? you have material? what size you need cut?
no lah, want to fundout more mah... :D , actually my new mod project focus on fan grill, no body done before :s7: ... but! got standard or not is different story lor :s13: .

btw, u r... vr-zone?

SFFMadness

Master Member
Reaction score
something said:
i think what nicholaslee do is just the labour work, don't care about design, if have to do e design or re-design(if customer don't like it), then the price won't be cheap.

design and pass to nicholas then resale at any mod forums, bro. you get e idea? ;)

Currently he just do labor work. Just a suggestion that maybe he want to do the whole package.

Actually last yr i considered buying one of those machines to do etching and custom fan grills but the machine is way too expensive. There was 2 companies providing this service but their prices were astronomical and they closed down liao as you will need etches in the thousands to just pay for the cost of the machine itself, not taking into consideration that there might be parts which will break down and need replacement.

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm... :s22: :s22: :s22:

yep.. i just doing labour work.. if u wish to coroperate with me for any business ideas do feel free to contact me bah :D

Last edited:

something

Master Member
Reaction score
SFFMadness said:
Currently he just do labor work. Just a suggestion that maybe he want to do the whole package.

Actually last yr i considered buying one of those machines to do etching and custom fan grills but the machine is way too expensive. There was 2 companies providing this service but their prices were astronomical and they closed down liao as you will need etches in the thousands to just pay for the cost of the machine itself, not taking into consideration that there might be parts which will break down and need replacement.
you don't go there do some gurung kuni shopping, buying those machines when e 2 company closed down? :s13:

how much for e machine?

SFFMadness

Master Member
Reaction score
something said:
you don't go there do some gurung kuni shopping, buying those machines when e 2 company closed down? :s13:

how much for e machine?

I dont have such good lobang to get 2nd hand machine. You have? Maybe can get one for a couple thousand :s13:

USD$10,000 onwards. You want to buy one? We share share lar :D

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$40K/machine ... :look:

u wan the contact to the sales person? :s13:

Last edited:

colin78

Banned
Reaction score
actually there are different brands for this kind of machines, different countries, different power and sizes
then of cos, different price :)

SFFMadness

Master Member
Reaction score
nicholaslee said:
$40K/machine ... :look:

u wan the contact to the sales person? :s13:

So if I want a specific model your salesman can get for me? Full technical support too? By the way, how many watt is ur laser? :D

something

Master Member
Reaction score
SFFMadness said:
I dont have such good lobang to get 2nd hand machine. You have? Maybe can get one for a couple thousand :s13:

USD$10,000 onwards. You want to buy one? We share share lar :D
wah!~ you sure want to go in to this line? beside of e machine, every month need to paid rental, power bill...

i don't have lobang, i think e gurung guni opposite my office also dun have this kind of lobang :s13: , ask nicholas's sale person see got secondhand lobang or not lor.

SFFMadness

Master Member
Reaction score
something said:
wah!~ you sure want to go in to this line? beside of e machine, every month need to paid rental, power bill...

i don't have lobang, i think e gurung guni opposite my office also dun have this kind of lobang :s13: , ask nicholas's sale person see got secondhand lobang or not lor.

$40k divide by $15 an etch = 2667 etch. You think I will be able to pay for the machine in 10yrs? :s13:

I think I am out of my mind :s22:

starlet

Reaction score
nicholaslee said:

Nich - is there anyway for us to give you the drawing/photo in other format like powerpoint/words/microsoft photo editor etc and from there transfer to CorelDraw. I don't think alot of people here have CorelDraw software and this is preventing them from going to your place for this service. BTW sorry what does OT mean?

rapier

Reaction score
If only doing etching, just give a greyscale actual size drawing should be ok. If doing very complicated cutting, then adobe illustrator vector drawing is still ok as CorelDraw can 'open/import' the original file.

The machine, depending on the brand, table size, laser wattage etc, should be ard S$20K+ onward.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.