HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] EDMW Cat Owners Thread~ - Part 3

Like Tree1821Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2018, 12:15 PM   #1336

Oh no.
I don't know if you still want to try, I came across this animal hospital from online during my research for a good vet: http://www.veshospital.com.sg
They need your vet to do a referral though, can't just make an appointment with them directly.
I have not been to them personally, but looking at their equipments and doctors, you might want to try ? Breaks my heart to hear your kitty like that.
thanks for the tip. i found a really good clinic that believes in holistic pet management... they don't just do western taught vet treatment, but TCM, japanese supplements and they taught us what kind of food and water and even what kind of dishes we should be using to reduce cancer incidents. i've never been to a vet like this before and we were very impressed. after feeding all the supplements, can see a definitely 'perkier' cat. so even if there is no cure we just want to make her final days comfortable. it's gentle oak vets at ghim moh. they are very highly recommended.
craybia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:15 PM   #1337

Oh no.
I don't know if you still want to try, I came across this animal hospital from online during my research for a good vet: http://www.veshospital.com.sg
They need your vet to do a referral though, can't just make an appointment with them directly.
I have not been to them personally, but looking at their equipments and doctors, you might want to try ? Breaks my heart to hear your kitty like that.
and unfortunately lung cancer has very poor response to chemo and the side effects of the chemotherapy will probably kill the cat before the actual cancer does...
craybia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:29 PM   #1338

thanks for the tip. i found a really good clinic that believes in holistic pet management... they don't just do western taught vet treatment, but TCM, japanese supplements and they taught us what kind of food and water and even what kind of dishes we should be using to reduce cancer incidents. i've never been to a vet like this before and we were very impressed. after feeding all the supplements, can see a definitely 'perkier' cat. so even if there is no cure we just want to make her final days comfortable. it's gentle oak vets at ghim moh. they are very highly recommended.
and unfortunately lung cancer has very poor response to chemo and the side effects of the chemotherapy will probably kill the cat before the actual cancer does...
I really hope for the best for her.
Thank you for sic the vet place, always good to know more good vet practices.
Hugs and kisses for your kitty from me please.
craybia likes this.
AristroCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:56 PM   #1339

Hi all. One of the community cats that we are feeding had this on his leg. What's that? Need to see a vet or is there off the shelf human ointment that we can use?

Thanks in advance
alfcrazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:25 PM   #1340

Hi all. One of the community cats that we are feeding had this on his leg. What's that? Need to see a vet or is there off the shelf human ointment that we can use?
Thanks in advance
Oh my goodness! I have no idea what that is but I'd bring him in asap!
Old 13-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #1341

Hi, brought the cat to the vet. It's a badcase of fungal infection. Now we have to apply the cream on the infected part for one month to see how it goes. Actually, need to take oral too, but my wife and I are not too keen of giving medicine to cats as we got scratched by them before. Review in one month, then we see how.
alfcrazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 05:32 PM   #1342

Hi, brought the cat to the vet. It's a badcase of fungal infection. Now we have to apply the cream on the infected part for one month to see how it goes. Actually, need to take oral too, but my wife and I are not too keen of giving medicine to cats as we got scratched by them before. Review in one month, then we see how.
Oh thank you for taking him to the vet!

Instead of oral medicine, is there an alternative injection med the vet can give instead ?
Or have you tried cutting the pill really small and mix it in his wet food? It doesn't always work but worth a try.
Old 15-05-2018, 04:29 PM   #1343
Master Member

Hi all, I visited a cat shelter recently and befriended a cat with its neuro issues. The cat can stand but it the whole body and legs will be all stiffed up. Can hardly walk, sometimes will just fall down sideway. Usually in his cage so he can have easy access to food/water/litter and get bullied by other cats or injured by them when playing. Only when volunteers visit to clean, feed supplement will let it out to walk walk, relax in his favourite cat tree etc ...

Do you guys think TCM can help heal the cat so that it can at least walk steadily again?
Old 15-05-2018, 04:47 PM   #1344
Master Member

Also appreciate if any1 can recommends the cheapest place to do FIV/FELV test. Have many cats at the shelter we need to start sending for test if we want to put up for adoption
Old 15-05-2018, 11:22 PM   #1345

Hi all, I visited a cat shelter recently and befriended a cat with its neuro issues. The cat can stand but it the whole body and legs will be all stiffed up. Can hardly walk, sometimes will just fall down sideway. Usually in his cage so he can have easy access to food/water/litter and get bullied by other cats or injured by them when playing. Only when volunteers visit to clean, feed supplement will let it out to walk walk, relax in his favourite cat tree etc ...

Do you guys think TCM can help heal the cat so that it can at least walk steadily again?
Hello,
Poor thing. Has he visited a vet to diagnose what exactly his condition is? Without it, I think it's hard to know what the proper therapy or medication (if any) should be.
I have no experience with TCM for animal so can't comment on this one.

Also appreciate if any1 can recommends the cheapest place to do FIV/FELV test. Have many cats at the shelter we need to start sending for test if we want to put up for adoption
These are list of vets in Singapore who does help strays/community cats, but I am unsure to which length they will offer subsidy and for what services.
https://www.catwelfare.org/vets/
You can try calling some of them and ask the cost for FiV/FeLV test for shelter cats. Sorry I couldn't be much more of a help.
Old 18-05-2018, 11:04 AM   #1346
High Supremacy Member

Hi, i am very sorry to hear about your cat.

You can give Curcumin supplement,. Or add colloidal silver to her water or food. Can give fish oil and probiotics also.

If you got diffuser, you can add liquid colloidal silver and diffuse it. The mist is beneficial and make ure cat breath easy.

Take care and pls make her as comfortable as possible. Overall its the comfortability and your love which will help her go a long way

Last edited by CatLuVer; 18-05-2018 at 11:08 AM..
CatLuVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 11:17 AM   #1347
High Supremacy Member

Thank you for bring this kitty to the vet and caring for him. Yes its a pain feeding med to cats
Old 18-05-2018, 11:20 AM   #1348
High Supremacy Member

Hi I have heard of ppl doing Acupuncture for cats who were paralysed. It worked for most of the cases. Maybe you can try that.
Old 20-05-2018, 04:13 AM   #1349
Arch-Supremacy Member

Need help from cat gurus down here. How do i train my cat not to urine at the exact same spot? Is there some sort of chemical or anything? I tried wipe that area with dettol and etc still the same

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Whizdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 11:12 AM   #1350

Need help from cat gurus down here. How do i train my cat not to urine at the exact same spot? Is there some sort of chemical or anything? I tried wipe that area with dettol and etc still the same

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Hi. Hope you don't mind me asking some questions first.
Is your cat male/female? Neutered?
Is he/she urinating or spraying? Where is the spot ?
Dettol or any other cleaner will not help to get rid off the smell.
Try a cat urine eliminator, I use "Simple Solution Boozters Stain and Odor Remover", bought from Polypet. But they have many other brands too for the same purpose.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.