Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] EDMW Cat Owners Thread~ - Part 3

Like Tree1821Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2018, 11:27 AM   #1366
Arch-Supremacy Member

goaheadbingostan 11:25 AM Today
hello all cat owners,

any kind person can consider to lend michelle a hand on mediating complaint cases against cats? animals are voiceless & they need us to speak out on unreasonable or even baseless feedbacks. you assistance can save a cat's life.

if you have some spare time & can speak to neighbours on community issues, pls contact michelle at michellesiau@catwelfare.org

Thank you

Last edited by goaheadbingostan; 05-06-2018 at 11:33 AM..
goaheadbingostan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:32 AM   #1367
Arch-Supremacy Member

I got 4cats 2m/2f and all cats neutered . My male cats tend to urinating everywhere in the house. Sometimes they spray to mark its territory.
Try many ways to eliminate the smell/urine spot but still the same

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
https://youtu.be/OFphS8VMNZc
Old 05-06-2018, 12:57 PM   #1368
Arch-Supremacy Member

Front car cam:I TB 100 HD SP/Rear car cam:ITB 100 HD/T-Power plus mobile power station/Nikon D800/Sony RX 100 version 3/Garmin Nuvicam with BC 30 backup cam/ Garmin Edge 1000/Cycliq Fly 12CE/Fly 6 CE/Samsung Note 9 512GB/8GB Ram / Mi Max 3/ Mazda3 standard/Starhub 1 Gbps fibre broadband /Brompton SR6/Merida Scultura 500/Canondale SL 4/Google Home and mini/AmazingFit Bip/ Galaxy Watch 46mm
MIVEC525 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #1369

Hi I just adopted a 2yo female Norwegian Forest cat in April. She has become quite a lapcat, initially she was always shivering in fear, but never hiss or threaten us.

We just adopted her boyfriend who is 3yo Persian from the same place who is twice her size. My question is; will they recognise each other after 2 month separation? yest we intro the two cats to each other, with the persian in his fennel, but they don't seem to recognise lehhhhhh. Also quite afraid that the persian will hiss and start a fight with her, because it is hissing at us.

I have already separated the persian to a guest room while the my Norwegian is free to roam anywhere but the room when we are both away.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by apeape; 06-06-2018 at 01:00 PM..
apeape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:46 PM   #1370
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi I just adopted a 2yo female Norwegian Forest cat in April. She has become quite a lapcat, initially she was always shivering in fear, but never hiss or threaten us.

We just adopted her boyfriend who is 3yo Persian from the same place who is twice her size. My question is; will they recognise each other after 2 month separation? yest we intro the two cats to each other, with the persian in his fennel, but they don't seem to recognise lehhhhhh. Also quite afraid that the persian will hiss and start a fight with her, because it is hissing at us.

I have already separated the persian to a guest room while the my Norwegian is free to roam anywhere but the room when we are both away.

Any thoughts?
place a barricade (for my case, my room has a transparent sliding door inside the room.
this allows them to view at each other ) between the two cats & give them time & space to be comfortable with each other. this can take months. pls be patient with the process. if intro too early, and fight occurs, it will leave an irreversible psychological negative impacts & imprints on both. to create a positive experience btw them, allow them to eat delicious food (e.g. fish) during meal time together but within visible range of each other with barricade still in place.

use UV light to look out for any pee stains. remove them quickly with appropriate spray, or just carefully pour hot boiling water on affected area.

btw, tks for emedding the link correctly.

Last edited by goaheadbingostan; 06-06-2018 at 10:48 PM..
Old 07-06-2018, 10:33 AM   #1371

place a barricade (for my case, my room has a transparent sliding door inside the room.
this allows them to view at each other ) between the two cats & give them time & space to be comfortable with each other. this can take months. pls be patient with the process. if intro too early, and fight occurs, it will leave an irreversible psychological negative impacts & imprints on both. to create a positive experience btw them, allow them to eat delicious food (e.g. fish) during meal time together but within visible range of each other with barricade still in place.

use UV light to look out for any pee stains. remove them quickly with appropriate spray, or just carefully pour hot boiling water on affected area.

btw, tks for emedding the link correctly.
Hmm yesterday night i let them meet. the Wegie was hissing and growling at the new cat, and on top of that she's on heat now! (please don't judge, vet's orders to delay spaying; the boy is neutered) But the new cat like buat bodoh only, just minding his business, walk2 around. Once the Wegie hiss, he will run back to his room.

The new cat also weird leh, he let us pet him, but then after awhile will hiss at us again. He is not eating and drinking, but is using his litter box.

Any ideas/recommendations on what kind of barrier? the new cat really wants to explore outside the room, it keeps meowing and yowling, and it seems it recognises his ex gf. just that the girl does not recognise the boy lol

Last edited by apeape; 07-06-2018 at 10:35 AM..
Old 07-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #1372
Honorary Member

Give him some time. New environment might take some time to get use.

And also the cats may have changed smell or the new environment smell overwhelming could have caused confusion

When I move house, my cat also emo one corner, don't eat don't let me touch, give a week or 2 become attention seeking. don't rush
tatsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:11 PM   #1373

Hmm yesterday night i let them meet. the Wegie was hissing and growling at the new cat, and on top of that she's on heat now! (please don't judge, vet's orders to delay spaying; the boy is neutered) But the new cat like buat bodoh only, just minding his business, walk2 around. Once the Wegie hiss, he will run back to his room.

The new cat also weird leh, he let us pet him, but then after awhile will hiss at us again. He is not eating and drinking, but is using his litter box.

Any ideas/recommendations on what kind of barrier? the new cat really wants to explore outside the room, it keeps meowing and yowling, and it seems it recognises his ex gf. just that the girl does not recognise the boy lol
Baby gate can be an option as a barrier.
How long has he been not eating/drinking? That one have to resolve fast. He Has to eat something. Try treats, Ciao Churu, etc.
For the girl, I think as long as she is in heat she will be in this mood.
AristroCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:23 PM   #1374

Baby gate can be an option as a barrier.
How long has he been not eating/drinking? That one have to resolve fast. He Has to eat something. Try treats, Ciao Churu, etc.
For the girl, I think as long as she is in heat she will be in this mood.
Today will be the second day. Tried giving Applaws tuna, prawn, tried dry food, water, ice water all not working lol. Tried feeding him with chopsticks as well. He was hissing so I dare not feed with my hands.

The girl was the same when we first adopted, but on the third day she started eating. So I'm just waiting for tomorrow and see how it goes.

Thank you for the recommendation of baby gate, but my two cats are quite large. Both of them can reach a regular BTO door handle, without jumping
Old 07-06-2018, 06:39 PM   #1375
d3n
High Supremacy Member

Sleepy meow
d3n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:23 PM   #1376
High Supremacy Member

monday face babe
Old 13-06-2018, 07:15 PM   #1377
Arch-Supremacy Member

awwwww getting round face now
Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 09:02 PM   #1378
Arch-Supremacy Member

Today will be the second day. Tried giving Applaws tuna, prawn, tried dry food, water, ice water all not working lol. Tried feeding him with chopsticks as well. He was hissing so I dare not feed with my hands.

The girl was the same when we first adopted, but on the third day she started eating. So I'm just waiting for tomorrow and see how it goes.

Thank you for the recommendation of baby gate, but my two cats are quite large. Both of them can reach a regular BTO door handle, without jumping
there are contractors who can custom make make shift gates & doors.
Old 15-06-2018, 06:06 PM   #1379

Do cute!!!!!

monday face babe
gingerhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 06:18 PM   #1380
Arch-Supremacy Member

Front car cam:I TB 100 HD SP/Rear car cam:ITB 100 HD/T-Power plus mobile power station/Nikon D800/Sony RX 100 version 3/Garmin Nuvicam with BC 30 backup cam/ Garmin Edge 1000/Cycliq Fly 12CE/Fly 6 CE/Samsung Note 9 512GB/8GB Ram / Mi Max 3/ Mazda3 standard/Starhub 1 Gbps fibre broadband /Brompton SR6/Merida Scultura 500/Canondale SL 4/Google Home and mini/AmazingFit Bip/ Galaxy Watch 46mm
MIVEC525 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.