[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Real can't see from the picture

hi i took some photo of the mystery material on the bottom of my fishless tank.

used flash with phone camera.

does this make it clear what it is?

i think is plant debris. would like some confirmation cos i want to minimize chance of fishy dying :)

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi i took some photo of the mystery material on the bottom of my fishless tank.

used flash with phone camera.

does this make it clear what it is?

i think is plant debris. would like some confirmation cos i want to minimize chance of fishy dying :)

The brown particles right look like Fish poop n leftover food

weng0202

Master Member
Reaction score
My case is whenever the weather is hot all shrimps will all die until i stay the temperature low my shrimps stop dying

Aquarium fans and a ventilated room

My experience with them is they breed like rabbits. But you need to do selective breeding if you want the colour to stay strong. Very good cleanup crew.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
My new tank i want to keep some shrimps. I scared wait they die due to hot weather

as long you keep the tank indoor with no direct sunlight, should be ok.
some water flow inside the tank will help to lower the temp too but not necessary.

Newbie12

Reaction score
My tank ammonia has gone down to 0.5mg. yesterday was 1mg and before that was really high. Either my filter's bacteria is alive and started working or bcos of seachem stability or both. Also did water change daily. Hope my tank is cycling well now. And I saw my surviving oto with reddish gills.

Must I wait till the ammonia test show 0mg then I can stop water change and start adding fish?

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My tank ammonia has gone down to 0.5mg. yesterday was 1mg and before that was really high. Either my filter's bacteria is alive and started working or bcos of seachem stability or both. Also did water change daily. Hope my tank is cycling well now. And I saw my surviving oto with reddish gills.

Must I wait till the ammonia test show 0mg then I can stop water change and start adding fish?

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

preferably cos ammonia at 0.03ppm also deadly liao

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it came from the drift wood.
the wood will slowly decay and starts disintegrating.

alamak ! then how !! :eek: means i dunid keep plants liao?!

i got a xmas moss on coconut shell one, will slowly decay and disintegrate also?

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
alamak ! then how !! :eek: means i dunid keep plants liao?!

i got a xmas moss on coconut shell one, will slowly decay and disintegrate also?

Yup. They will but very slowly.
Remember. These are organic material.
And it will slow lower the pH too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.