[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ever since I start keeping guppies, I have try to visit those LFS around my work or home area... Then saw many fanciful guppies like elephant ear, pandas... Etc

Also looking out for Bettas, saw some half Moon which are very nice.. also saw one with a white face, dark eyes and red lip, told my wife that one looks like joker's face... :s13:

By the way, how to go about appreciating Bettas? What to lookout for?

Tio poison riao :s13::s13::s13::s13::s13::s13:

Honeydewz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10 at once? Change water till u hand sore.... 😂
Btw how much was the feeder betta? Actually what u mean by feederbetta, can take pic?

Can't remember because i bought other things too at Toh Aquarium.

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to start a new small fish tank.. after stopping rearing fish for almost 7 years.

Just wondering are those API Tap Water Conditioner or Quick Start really effective for new fish tanks? Now quite lazy to do so since the tank is just like a small one, for rearing some neon tetras, suitable for office table type.

I remember last time when i started a 4 feet african cichlid tank, i did the traditional method of cycling the tank filtration by dumping 1-2 raw prawn and let it rot inside, run the filtration for 1-2 weeks so that the water will mature with those useful bacteria.

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to start a new small fish tank.. after stopping rearing fish for almost 7 years.

Just wondering are those API Tap Water Conditioner or Quick Start really effective for new fish tanks? Now quite lazy to do so since the tank is just like a small one, for rearing some neon tetras, suitable for office table type.

I remember last time when i started a 4 feet african cichlid tank, i did the traditional method of cycling the tank filtration by dumping 1-2 raw prawn and let it rot inside, run the filtration for 1-2 weeks so that the water will mature with those useful bacteria.

Got once i forgot to switch on my pump after WC 3 days later i then realize it because of there's an odor near my tank so i used Nitrifying Bacteria Tablets after 1-2days odor is reduced so such products do works~

Another way to cycle the tank you can is using a betta fish

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got once i forgot to switch on my pump after WC 3 days later i then realize it because of there's an odor near my tank so i used Nitrifying Bacteria Tablets after 1-2days odor is reduced so such products do works~

Another way to cycle the tank you can is using a betta fish

Wa then sacrifice the betta fish?

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do most lao jiaos here cycle new fish tank using betta? What u guys do with the betta after that? Keep in another small tank? Haha

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do most lao jiaos here cycle new fish tank using betta? What u guys do with the betta after that? Keep in another small tank? Haha

Not everyone use betta to cycle their tank, BB in a bottle, established tank filter, ammonia method and others

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

DUNid betta also can cycle lah. Use some fish food Everyday few days or buy ammonia

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
Saw this HB Red Halfmoon Rose Tail in FB grp damn nice... :love:

pfvpast.jpg

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
i backside itchy go PM the seller in the guppy FB grp...
asked him about the albino koi and was quoted USD$20/pair... :eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.