[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i backside itchy go PM the seller in the guppy FB grp...
asked him about the albino koi and was quoted USD$20/pair... :eek::eek:

Buy from jb better, cheaper shipping also. Maybe got auction too? I know betta got

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought a bottle of Stress Coat (to dechlorinate water) and Stress Zyme earlier at PolyArt when i was at C328.

Just wondering, what brands of bacterias you guys buy for water cycling. I saw Ocean Free's bb's but quite pricey sia.

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought a bottle of Stress Coat (to dechlorinate water) and Stress Zyme earlier at PolyArt when i was at C328.

Just wondering, what brands of bacterias you guys buy for water cycling. I saw Ocean Free's bb's but quite pricey sia.

At first I use seachem stability $13+++++ use finish riao I use some Chinese nitrifying tablet $6

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i also wanted to buy Seachem Stability! But cant find from Polyart shelf and C328 florist not yet opened. so bo bian just bought Stress Zyme first lol.

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
Try Wong Loy Kee at Chinatown to buy your exotic guppies. Polyart at level one sometimes also got good quality guppies.

Sent from Vivo 1725 using GAGT

cmotif

Reaction score
planaria or rhabdocoela?

calling sexperts... this one is planaria or rhabdocoela or something else?

Just found two in my shrimp tank. :(

ljohn78

Reaction score
calling sexperts... this one is planaria or rhabdocoela or something else?

Just found two in my shrimp tank. :(

you should get rid of this from shrimp tank if you want your shrimp population to thrive.

Planeria can prey on baby shrimps and adult shrimps when they are molding.

Use a planeria trap and avoid overfeeding.

Planeria population can quickly explode beyond control. They are asexual and reproduce through fission. Their body cells are also pluripotent. Meaning, even if you cut a planeria into 2, the 2 parts will still survive to reform into 2 new planeria!

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Betta is a hardy fish you don't even need a filter to keep it so it will be a good fish to keep to cycle your tank.

yes,as betta fish need to take in air to breath . u will see it surfacing for air once a while

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
One my female guppies gave birth last night... :eek: I read that the gestation period is about 20-30days... But I just bought them from C328 2 weeks ago....

Anyway, as I do not know how to tell a preggy guppy, so I did not separate the female for it to give birth... I only noticed it when I was wondering why the male guppy chase the danio suddenly then I close up n saw something small swimming

The danio was trying to jiak the fry.. :s22:

I faster siphon out the fry, managed to save 3, saw 2 dead... :(

Newbie12

Reaction score
Guys when can get pure ammonia to do fishless cycling ah? C328 like dun have leh.
Someone intro me seachem stability. I started putting fish in 3rd day after using stability. Also use prime to remove chlorine and detox ammonia. Quite useful.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

2wheels2smile

Reaction score
Hi, i am interested to have a small tank with some neon tetra and some plants. Any suggestion what tank to get and where to set up the small aquarium? Newbie here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.