[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
hard to get HOF also.. cuz my tank is already come with a cover.

J6s5zPG.jpg

Somemore the filtration pipe and some stuff missing, difficult to find replacement. :s22:

think better get new tank, not those all-in-one...
at least light / filter spoil, can get replacement....

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But new tank no cover.. i scared got dust or other funny things drop inside.. if get those plastic cover like also abit not nice leh hahaha

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was acrylic couldn’t hold
Now I use glass liao and interconnected .

But this idiot sometimes .. well ... still try
Actually is cos of those insect land on the glass he Went to try his luck .

Usually he see me around he will take it out on the eartheater to hint me to feed

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was acrylic couldn’t hold
Now I use glass liao and interconnected .

But this idiot sometimes .. well ... still try
Actually is cos of those insect land on the glass he Went to try his luck .

Usually he see me around he will take it out on the eartheater to hint me to feed

is nature of arowana to jump one:s13:

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am at C328 now, which type of tank for neon tetra better? Acrylic or glass kind? Am leaning towards glass one. The new shop LFS Aquarium selling one glass with filtration, for $88. The storeowner also explain very well in detail. Tempted to buy now. But wanna ask for some opinion first haha

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am at C328 now, which type of tank for neon tetra better? Acrylic or glass kind? Am leaning towards glass one. The new shop LFS Aquarium selling one glass with filtration, for $88. The storeowner also explain very well in detail. Tempted to buy now. But wanna ask for some opinion first haha

Not much difference lah , acrylic lighter then glass by quite a bit. Glass may have green tinge depending on what glass u buy and acrylic if leak need self repair with silicon

I think is personal preference

Last edited:

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Acrylic scratches. I'd say 8mm glass tank. Now question for you is 2ft or 3ft? Glass tank is heavy, mark my words.

2ft requires less effort but water parameters is less tolerance. 3ft requires more effort in cleaning but if you have a good Eheim ext. filter, then maintenance is lesser, but maintenance time isn't going to be easy either.

Next thing is how are you going to plan the tank? Would it be Amazonal environment where it is better closer to the environment of the tetra? Or Iwagumi type, aka rock face type. Plainless....totally nothing.

Neon tetra is quarterly neon. Cardinal tetra is half-ly neon. Which type? Cardinal cost more than neon tetra. Tetra is basically a group type fish. It is more enjoyable at 3ft than 2ft, of course a 4ft is more enjoyable than 3ft and 2ft. Each tank has a certain capacity, so you cannot happy happy buy 100 tetra and put inside. Take note of it.

This 2ft can be different from that 2ft, even if length and width the same, the height might differ.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to start a new small fish tank.. after stopping rearing fish for almost 7 years.

Just wondering are those API Tap Water Conditioner or Quick Start really effective for new fish tanks? Now quite lazy to do so since the tank is just like a small one, for rearing some neon tetras, suitable for office table type.

I remember last time when i started a 4 feet african cichlid tank, i did the traditional method of cycling the tank filtration by dumping 1-2 raw prawn and let it rot inside, run the filtration for 1-2 weeks so that the water will mature with those useful bacteria.

It is always the water that fault. Tap water firstly got chlorine. I think the people here mention cycling of tank. Meaning water need to add air pump to pump for at least 3 days for chlorine level to lessen. If possible use cooled boiled water to cycle. (one week with aid of bacter)

If you plan to add aquatic plants, then either one of the below:
  • Bacter 100 - Nature Aquarium Goods
  • Bacter Crystal - BorneoWild

Bottle of snail remover for aquatic plants, means you buy plants must quarantine. Thereafter, you must wash the plants like washing vegetable before introducing to the main tank.

Base on your preference of fish, your water PH should be between 6.2-6.7. TDS should maintain 60-100.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think better get new tank, not those all-in-one...
at least light / filter spoil, can get replacement....

Actually if he can remove the top cover, I think GEX Slim Filter will fit nicely behind. Whilst the small GEX with 2 filter pad will address his needs, I'd say go for the 3 filter pad one. 2 norm, 1 activated carbon filter pad. Meaning if he can control the water parameter, no water change, just water adding, no anti-chlorine solution etc.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13: Jin scare the fry die if few days neh eat....

Put a bit of rice (raw type, uncook), to absorb the moisture. If you got a small bag with potable holes(those for cooking soup), can house the rice and put inside the fish food bag.

Baby food will stick together over time due to moisture.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought new tank, clip-on lamp and japanese soil from LFS Aquarium.

Just setup..

iiewNiv.jpg

ay0OCv4.jpg

tn3SA4A.jpg

25% water fill, one week. You can add boil water daily, make sure you cool off. One week later can start planting. Following two weeks, slowly increase the water. Once over 50% you can intro bacteria. Three weeks later if the plants are healthy and growing nicely, you can start adding fish.

I recommend you pair up with oto. Oto are sensitive fish, if water parameter is out, they die. Those bottles below....try not to use them that frequently. Tank is too small. Small tank very little water parameter tolerance, little bit they go out easily.

You plan to add seachem stuffs?

Soil is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.